Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Little's future with the Jags
This poll is closed.
Beats Cam out this year for LT and a bookend for us at LT
15.79%
12 15.79%
Plays RT this year and moves to LT next year
51.32%
39 51.32%
Plays RT this year and keeps improving and becomes a bookend RT for us
19.74%
15 19.74%
Just stays our swing and backup tackle
13.16%
10 13.16%
He plays LG this year
0%
0 0%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Walker Little's future

Little is now a better LT than Robinson and should be the starter. Fix the RT slot with Cam or one of the remaining free agents while you develop a draft pick this year. Left Tackle is one of the premier positions in football, we should be developing the one we have, not pulling a Minshew/Lawrence camp battle that delays further development.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When Cam Robinson becomes a free agent he will want to be known as a LT.

Engram currently is playing TE but asking for WR money. It’s all about the $$$!

(04-03-2023, 08:32 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 11:06 PM)wg171 Wrote: …I just don’t think Cam will play anything but LT so Little probably will be at LG or RT this year. I really want to revisit this topic after the draft.

Guessing this is Cam’s last season as a Jag. Would have been better to have just tagged him for a year.

I don't get this logic and I've seen it more than once.  If they decide he's going to play RT, he'll play RT.  He's already being paid as an LT so what is the difference?  Pride?

Robinson may feel like moving to RT will reduce his value on the free agency market for the 2024 season.  That's possible, but playing RT could also demonstrate versatility and actually might increase his value too.

That said, Robinson doesn't have any good choices if the Jags ask him to play RT.  Quitting or sitting out will definitely reduce his free agency value even more.  If Cam decided to refuse the assignment, or not put in full effort, that would be the worst Jaguars player money move since Ngakoue refused his extension.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-03-2023, 08:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Little is now a better LT than Robinson and should be the starter. Fix the RT slot with Cam or one of the remaining free agents while you develop a draft pick this year. Left Tackle is one of the premier positions in football, we should be developing the one we have, not pulling a Minshew/Lawrence camp battle that delays further development.

I'd like to see it go down this way. ^
Probably the best way to handle it. 

Little looked better than Cam to me too. 
Signing a stop-gap and drafting a tackle early would be a nice way to set things up for the future.

Let Cam battle for RT or a guard spot in camp. 
He'll likely pull some weak hold out, but it just makes sense to get the right guys out there. 

The staff will probably just let Little continue to "push" Cam at LT before settling him on the right side though. Just gut instinct on what they'll do.

A starting calibre right tackle sitting at pick 24 would solve a whoooole lot of problems. Offer me one thing for this draft and that would probably be it.

If Little is better than Robinson, how come he didn’t start over him?

I wouldn't be worried

A off season would do him wonders

(04-03-2023, 10:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If Little is better than Robinson, how come he didn’t start over him?

A $15m signing bonus and $33M guaranteed reasons certainly had a lot to do with it.

(04-03-2023, 01:05 PM)cat bells Wrote: A starting calibre right tackle sitting at pick 24 would solve a whoooole lot of problems. Offer me one thing for this draft and that would probably be it.

Yep, but Baalke is primed for another head scratching decision in Round 1. 

Supposedly he’s enamored with “versatility,” so he’s being tempted to pick a DB who doesn’t produce interceptions but who is able to play safety and big nickel. That would be another example of over thinking ala Tavon Walker, particularly if Darnell Wright or Kelee Ringo are still on the board. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/.amp/news...dianapolis
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-03-2023, 10:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If Little is better than Robinson, how come he didn’t start over him?

Because Robinson had several years of experience with NFL coaching while Little got a rookie campaign led by Urban Blight. By the end of last season Little was playing better than Cam was before his injury and Little still has lots of room to go to reach his potential. He's younger, playing better, and cheaper than Cam, especially now that Cam is coming off another knee surgery. It's not really complicated.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If Tom Brady was so good why was Drew Bledsoe starting?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-04-2023, 08:12 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

If Tom Brady was so good why was Drew Bledsoe starting?

Why would the Packers ever let the great Brett Favre go for some Rodgers dude?

(04-04-2023, 09:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 08:12 AM)RicoTx Wrote: If Tom Brady was so good why was Drew Bledsoe starting?

Why would the Packers ever let the great Brett Favre go for some Rodgers dude?
Einhorn is Finkel? Finkel…. Is Einhorn?!

(04-04-2023, 09:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 09:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Why would the Packers ever let the great Brett Favre go for some Rodgers dude?
Einhorn is Finkel? Finkel…. Is Einhorn?!

LACES OUT! LACES OUT! LACES OUT!

LaceS Out Marino! LACS OT!!! LSAEZ OUt! 

MARRRRRIINNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOAAARRRRGGGGGGHHH!H!!!!

Little couldn’t beat out Taylor and/or Robinson in 2 full seasons. He’s also in the ‘moving to guard’ talk.

Going in to his 3rd season, Brady already made a Pro Bowl. Brady went in for an injured Bledsoe and never went back to the bench. Little stepped in for injured players, and returned to the bench twice in 2021, and twice in 2022.

Einhorn is a man…

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2023, 04:55 PM by Caldrac.)

(04-04-2023, 04:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Little couldn’t beat out Taylor and/or Robinson in 2 full seasons. He’s also in the ‘moving to guard’ talk.

Going in to his 3rd season, Brady already made a Pro Bowl. Brady went in for an injured Bledsoe and never went back to the bench. Little stepped in for injured players, and returned to the bench twice in 2021, and twice in 2022.

Einhorn is a man…
A lot of rookies here during Meyer's term were severely misused or barely used. Keep in mind. He was entering the NFL after missing a year or two already with a knee injury + covid delaying everybody.

Last year he was thrown into the RT spot to compete, something he's never done, against a former 2nd RD pick in Taylor entering a contract year and enduring the loss of his father that same off season.

Paid off as he's now the LT for the golden arm, the poster child QB of the NFL. It's not like Taylor was anybody to sneeze at in 2022. He was good in pass blocking. Got his penalties down. Just left a lot on the field in the running game to desire.

So, we really don't have a ton to grade him on. PFF said he had some decent performances at RT as a rookie. Then he had three starts at LT after Robinson landed on IR. I am telling you. He looked way, way more natural and comfortable at LT.

Go look at the Jets game. After the first snap. He was good for the majority of that game. He's quick, he can actually get off his initial block and scoot downfield as a 2nd level, down the hill lead blocker in the running game. I bet he shows up this summer and out performs everybody.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-04-2023, 04:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 04:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Little couldn’t beat out Taylor and/or Robinson in 2 full seasons. He’s also in the ‘moving to guard’ talk.

Einhorn is a man…
A lot of rookies here during Meyer's term were severely misused or barely used. Keep in mind. He was entering the NFL after missing a year or two already with a knee injury + covid delaying everybody.

Last year he was thrown into the RT spot to compete, something he's never done, against a former 2nd RD pick in Taylor entering a contract year and enduring the loss of his father that same off season.

Paid off as he's now the LT for the golden arm, the poster child QB of the NFL. It's not like Taylor was anybody to sneeze at in 2022. He was good in pass blocking. Got his penalties down. Just left a lot on the field in the running game to desire.

So, we really don't have a ton to grade him on. PFF said he had some decent performances at RT as a rookie. Then he had three starts at LT after Robinson landed on IR. I am telling you. He looked way, way more natural and comfortable at LT.

Go look at the Jets game. After the first snap. He was good for the majority of that game. He's quick, he can actually get off his initial block and scoot downfield as a 2nd level, down the hill lead blocker in the running game. I bet he shows up this summer and out performs everybody.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I hope he makes it so obvious that he's better than Cam that they stop with the guard talk. They just need to draft a couple prospects to compete on the interior.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-04-2023, 09:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 09:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Einhorn is Finkel? Finkel…. Is Einhorn?!

LACES OUT! LACES OUT! LACES OUT!

LaceS Out Marino! LACS OT!!! LSAEZ OUt! 

MARRRRRIINNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOAAARRRRGGGGGGHHH!H!!!!

"ACE!"

"Yeah, Dan?"

"You got any more of that gum?"

"Thaaaats none of your damn business, and I'd thank you to stay out of my personal affairs!"

"You're a weird guy ace... A weird guy!"

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2023, 07:31 PM by Jag149.)

Einhorn is a man…

Walker Little's future is very bright. This is a contract year for him, I expect him to play very well.  He will get paid next year by us or someone else. Funny thing is after this year the ONLY offensive linemen we will have under contract for 2024 are Cam2024, Scherff2024 and Fortner2025.  The jump from college to pros takes most guys at least a year. This is why I rank offensive line as our #1 priority in this draft.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-07-2023, 07:30 PM)Jag149 Wrote:

Einhorn is a man…

Walker Little's future is very bright. This is a contract year for him, I expect him to play very well.  He will get paid next year by us or someone else. Funny thing is after this year the ONLY offensive linemen we will have under contract for 2024 are Cam2024, Scherff2024 and Fortner2025.  The jump from college to pros takes most guys at least a year. This is why I rank offensive line as our #1 priority in this draft.

He won't be an unrestricted free agent after this year.   2023 will be his 3rd season, so he'll be a restricted free agent.  He will be on the Jaguars in 2024.