Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mahomes

(12-13-2023, 10:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Mahomes is a special breed of athlete. Very rare gifts.

I'm sure having things go his way at nearly every turn professionally since being drafted has had some effect on his level of expectation. So - yeah - he may not be handling adversity with aplomb at the moment.

I imagine in time he may develop a bit more character in how he handles himself in those situations.

This instance showed a lack.

He's competitive. He wants to win. I get the outburst there. It was just directed at the wrong people. Getting upset over your teammate [BLEEP] your team over again this year is the root cause. Toney is a magnet for disaster and let down. The biggest issue this year is the lack of talent available to him outside of Kelce. His receiving core is relying heavily on a rookie in Rice to get the job done. 

But, again, dropped passes, penalties, nagging injuries here and there and missed opportunities have been the common them for most AFC teams this year. It's really wide open man. I think the NFL has a lot of interesting scenarios that could play out here next month and I personally love it as a fan in general. I don't think, maybe outside of San Francisco, that, ANY team truly has a well lit runway to take it all the way home this year. 

Good [BLEEP].
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-13-2023, 10:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 08:45 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Mahomes' problem is he hasn't faced enough adversity if an 8-5 season has him going crazy. He needs some perspective.

The refs and the NFL really need to give him and fat [BLEEP] Andy some perspective.

A few sub .500 seasons in a row would help the dude, a lot.
Would you say the same thing about Brady?

Yes.

I don't recall Brady having any undignified outbursts like Mahomes did, but my reaction to Brady doing it would have been the same.

I agree with everyone who says Mahomes just doesn't know how to handle adversity. He hasn't had any since entering the NFL and he's just not doing a good job at handling it. Hopefully he will learn from this embarrassing episode. The guy is a role model to so many kids so it will be a shame if he continues to act like a spoiled baby. Of course, his great frustration is warranted due to how badly his receivers have played, but that's not the way to handle it. I hate to say this, but I still believe the Chiefs have a good chance to reach the Super Bowl. Their defense is very good and Rice is beginning to emerge as a reliable receiver. The last thing I want to see is Mahomes and Reid receiving the Lombardi trophy again, although SF should habdily defeat them.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2023, 05:46 PM by NewJagsCity.)

Watching the end of Buffalo KC on NFL Network. Sure was a lot of uncalled KC defensive PI on that last Buffalo drive. Guess the Chefs werent interested in crying about that.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-14-2023, 05:46 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Watching the end of Buffalo KC on NFL Network. Sure was a lot of uncalled KC defensive PI on that last Buffalo drive.  Guess the Chefs werent interested in crying about that.

When it happens to me it's a huge problem, when it happens to them it's just a part of the game.

Mahomes just needs a few years of losing and getting hit 15 times a game to help him get a little perspective.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2023, 11:13 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-15-2023, 09:08 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-14-2023, 05:46 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Watching the end of Buffalo KC on NFL Network. Sure was a lot of uncalled KC defensive PI on that last Buffalo drive.  Guess the Chefs werent interested in crying about that.

When it happens to me it's a huge problem, when it happens to them it's just a part of the game.

Mahomes just needs a few years of losing and getting hit 15 times a game to help him get a little perspective.

Exactly.  Most players of his caliber can handle it.  One I remember that did handle it well was Derek Jeter. He broke into the league in 2001 (2002 full time) and was in the playoffs until 2012.  When asked in 2013, his first year not in his only response was he was at a loss for what to do with the extra time.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(12-15-2023, 11:12 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 09:08 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: When it happens to me it's a huge problem, when it happens to them it's just a part of the game.

Exactly.  Most players of his caliber can handle it.  One I remember that did handle it well was Derek Jeter. He broke into the league in 2001 (2002 full time) and was in the playoffs until 2012.  When asked in 2013, his first year not in his only response was he was at a loss for what to do with the extra time.

I'm guessing there probably wasn't a time that he cried about umpiring to the media, either.

Have the KC Swifties become privileged punks?

Chiefs’ Kadarius Toney Says Refs ‘Lied’ About Critical Call in Bills Game

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chi...06a1&ei=39

(12-16-2023, 10:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Have the KC Swifties become privileged punks?

Sounds like an investigation is in order. Too bad Ashley Moody is off wasting her time on other endeavours.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-16-2023, 10:39 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-16-2023, 10:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Have the KC Swifties become privileged punks?

Sounds like an investigation is in order. Too bad Ashley Moody is off wasting her time on other endeavours.

Amazing response by Toney.  It is the fault of the ref's not doing his job for him.  Like I said earlier, all we have gotten from the chief's are denials of any responsibility. If I were the ref's I would begin calling illegal formation on the O-line every chance I got.

(12-16-2023, 06:17 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(12-16-2023, 10:39 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Sounds like an investigation is in order. Too bad Ashley Moody is off wasting her time on other endeavours.

Amazing response by Toney.  It is the fault of the ref's not doing his job for him.  Like I said earlier, all we have gotten from the chief's are denials of any responsibility. If I were the ref's I would begin calling illegal formation on the O-line every chance I got.

They let Taylor line up next to Mahomes most plays anyway, so it won't be difficult to find.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Good.  Wish it was more.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3912...total-150k
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-16-2023, 07:20 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Good.  Wish it was more.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3912...total-150k

Well, we have a new contestant now. Toney has sounded off.  LOL

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chi...r-AA1lBvzy

(12-13-2023, 11:59 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 10:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Would you say the same thing about Brady?

Yes.

I don't recall Brady having any undignified outbursts like Mahomes did, but my reaction to Brady doing it would have been the same.

The man is seen losing his [BLEEP] on the sidelines his entire career.  He broke a tablet once.

(12-17-2023, 12:29 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 11:59 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Yes.

The man is seen losing his [BLEEP] on the sidelines his entire career.  He broke a tablet once.

Yeah. Brady volcanoed all over Josh McDaniels more than once.

(12-17-2023, 12:29 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 11:59 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Yes.

Did he cry to the opposing QB and the media afterward?

Guys getting pissed off on the sidelines is fine by me, just keep it dignified on the field and with the media.

Like I said, Mahomes has had too much success too early. He needs some adversity for a while.

(12-17-2023, 08:48 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 12:29 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: The man is seen losing his [BLEEP] on the sidelines his entire career.  He broke a tablet once.

Did he cry to the opposing QB and the media afterward?

Guys getting pissed off on the sidelines is fine by me, just keep it dignified on the field and with the media.

Like I said, Mahomes has had too much success too early. He needs some adversity for a while.

"Hey Josh, I know you just won the game and you're all excited and all, but... worst... call... ever... man.  Amirite?"

(12-20-2023, 12:07 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 08:48 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Did he cry to the opposing QB and the media afterward?

"Hey Josh, I know you just won the game and you're all excited and all, but... worst... call... ever... man.  Amirite?"

Hey Josh you all had to cheat us to win the game.