Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dan Hicken preaching the truth.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2023, 06:04 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-26-2023, 11:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 11:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Bucky Brooks reported on it in the 3rd quarter on the radio broadcast. He said players were "lollygagging around" and were "disinterested in what anyone had to say." It gave the impression that Doug has lost the locker room.

Brooks is allowed in the locker room as part of the media team so he witnessed it himself is my understanding.

flsprtsgrl is worried about someone on a message board turning on Doug when i havent seen anyone that, yet he needs to worry about him losing the team.  If anyone would know it would be Bucky Brooks.  Cant blame it all on the players and make zero changes after what we have seen the last month

He's not though. He said this as well post game:

"We've got to coach them up better," Pederson said. "We got to make sure that they're on the same page with Trevor and our quarterbacks. We can't make those mistakes in games. We've got to do our part as a staff to make sure that these things don't happen in the future."

So, not sure why that's being said or thrown around there. There's plenty of accountability being preached. We're also looking at our ninth different combination within a fledgling offensive line unit for the 16th game of the season. Nine different line-up's now. That's the biggest issue on this football team, whether you like it or not. That's the truth of it all. 

Lawrence has to protect the football better, 19 turnovers is no bueno, period. I am a big believer in, if the football is in your hands? It's either you make the play, chuck it away, hit the deck or take the check down. I am no longer giving him free passes for that aspect to his game on my end. He just came off his 51st career start. That has to be better moving forward regardless of circumstances surrounding him. 

It would have helped though had the front office and coaching staff done a better job handling this off season after a wild run in year one of Pederson's installation. The biggest number that's going to keep coming up for me is 14. 14. 14 [BLEEP] draft picks back in April and we have next to nothing to show for it, except for a banged up right tackle. 

That's about it...

We started falling apart physically when we approached the most physical teams and competent teams in the play-off mix annually on this schedule. Anybody with eyes could have seen this train wreck a mile away. The biggest test of the year was when they came back from a bye week and had to play the 49ers. That was their first, true big boy test and they flunked the [BLEEP] out of it. They then proceeded to rebound against the tinhorns in a close one and then it all started coming apart from there.

Maybe that road win against the tinhorns was their Superbowl of 2023 and between the injuries, turnovers and blown assignments they all seemingly began to mentally check out. This does not bode well for Doug Pederson but it especially does not bode well for Trent Baalke.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-26-2023, 11:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 11:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Bucky Brooks reported on it in the 3rd quarter on the radio broadcast. He said players were "lollygagging around" and were "disinterested in what anyone had to say." It gave the impression that Doug has lost the locker room.

Brooks is allowed in the locker room as part of the media team so he witnessed it himself is my understanding.

flsprtsgrl is worried about someone on a message board turning on Doug when i havent seen anyone that, yet he needs to worry about him losing the team.  If anyone would know it would be Bucky Brooks.  Cant blame it all on the players and make zero changes after what we have seen the last month

Did you misgender me on purpose? Because that's the kind of childishness I'd actually expect of of one with your elementary intellect.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-27-2023, 08:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 11:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: flsprtsgrl is worried about someone on a message board turning on Doug when i havent seen anyone that, yet he needs to worry about him losing the team.  If anyone would know it would be Bucky Brooks.  Cant blame it all on the players and make zero changes after what we have seen the last month

Did you misgender me on purpose? Because that's the kind of childishness I'd actually expect of of one with your elementary intellect.
My bad, it doesn't have the gender up for each poster.  I was just going by your post history.

(12-27-2023, 08:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 08:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Did you misgender me on purpose? Because that's the kind of childishness I'd actually expect of of one with your elementary intellect.
My bad, it doesn't have the gender up for each poster.  I was just going by your post history.

You need to chill with the petty crap,
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2023, 09:19 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-27-2023, 06:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 11:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: flsprtsgrl is worried about someone on a message board turning on Doug when i havent seen anyone that, yet he needs to worry about him losing the team.  If anyone would know it would be Bucky Brooks.  Cant blame it all on the players and make zero changes after what we have seen the last month

He's not though. He said this as well post game:

"We've got to coach them up better," Pederson said. "We got to make sure that they're on the same page with Trevor and our quarterbacks. We can't make those mistakes in games. We've got to do our part as a staff to make sure that these things don't happen in the future."

So, not sure why that's being said or thrown around there. There's plenty of accountability being preached. We're also looking at our ninth different combination within a fledgling offensive line unit for the 16th game of the season. Nine different line-up's now. That's the biggest issue on this football team, whether you like it or not. That's the truth of it all. 

Lawrence has to protect the football better, 19 turnovers is no bueno, period. I am a big believer in, if the football is in your hands? It's either you make the play, chuck it away, hit the deck or take the check down. I am no longer giving him free passes for that aspect to his game on my end. He just came off his 51st career start. That has to be better moving forward regardless of circumstances surrounding him. 

It would have helped though had the front office and coaching staff done a better job handling this off season after a wild run in year one of Pederson's installation. The biggest number that's going to keep coming up for me is 14. 14. 14 [BLEEP] draft picks back in April and we have next to nothing to show for it, except for a banged up right tackle. 

That's about it...

We started falling apart physically when we approached the most physical teams and competent teams in the play-off mix annually on this schedule. Anybody with eyes could have seen this train wreck a mile away. The biggest test of the year was when they came back from a bye week and had to play the 49ers. That was their first, true big boy test and they flunked the [BLEEP] out of it. They then proceeded to rebound against the tinhorns in a close one and then it all started coming apart from there.

Maybe that road win against the tinhorns was their Superbowl of 2023 and between the injuries, turnovers and blown assignments they all seemingly began to mentally check out. This does not bode well for Doug Pederson but it especially does not bode well for Trent Baalke.

The oline is a huge problem, with that said Cam is really the only starter out and Little has been here for a while now and people want to resign Cleveland.  Teams have injuries every year.  Look at the Chargers and Packers last year.  He'll the Texans whole offensive line was injured earlier in the season while they were going on a win streak while Stoud was lighting it up. There are a bunch of issues with this team right now, the defense is another

(12-27-2023, 08:58 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 08:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: My bad, it doesn't have the gender up for each poster.  I was just going by your post history.

You need to chill with the petty crap,

You're right and I will too. It's just a bit much around the social media world right now.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-27-2023, 09:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 06:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote: He's not though. He said this as well post game:

That's about it...

The oline is a huge problem, with that said Cam is really the only starter out and Little has been here for a while now and people want to resign Cleveland.  Teams have injuries every year.  Look at the Chargers and Packers last year.  He'll the Texans whole offensive line was injured earlier in the season while they were going on a win streak while Stoud was lighting it up. There are a bunch of issues with this team right now, the defense is another

Yes, this is true. That's why people putting so much emphsis on the OC is frustrating, because if you pigeonhole the reason as that one guy (who's not even really below average) then you come back next year with a new play caller and the same problems. I want this team to win too, just like you. Going back to the summer I was pouding the table to make the lines better, and if we had then we wouldn't be talking about play calling because the plays called would be working. Not being able to run the ball isn't about plays, it's about players. Not being able to pass block isn't about plays, it's about players. Not being able tackle isn't about plays, it's about players. Dropping touchdowns and missing throws isn't about the plays, it's about the players. That's why Doug responds like he does to those questions, because the greatest plans and best play calling on Earth can't help if the players don't or can't make the plays.

(12-27-2023, 09:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 09:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The oline is a huge problem, with that said Cam is really the only starter out and Little has been here for a while now and people want to resign Cleveland.  Teams have injuries every year.  Look at the Chargers and Packers last year.  He'll the Texans whole offensive line was injured earlier in the season while they were going on a win streak while Stoud was lighting it up. There are a bunch of issues with this team right now, the defense is another

Yes, this is true. That's why people putting so much emphsis on the OC is frustrating, because if you pigeonhole the reason as that one guy (who's not even really below average) then you come back next year with a new play caller and the same problems. I want this team to win too, just like you. Going back to the summer I was pouding the table to make the lines better, and if we had then we wouldn't be talking about play calling because the plays called would be working. Not being able to run the ball isn't about plays, it's about players. Not being able to pass block isn't about plays, it's about players. Not being able tackle isn't about plays, it's about players. Dropping touchdowns and missing throws isn't about the plays, it's about the players. That's why Doug responds like he does to those questions, because the greatest plans and best play calling on Earth can't help if the players don't or can't make the plays.

I agree that the oline is the biggest problem on offense and I was pounding the table for Dawand Jones and Torrence, could of had both over Stange and Bigsby.  With that said the play calling isn't the best it can be, it can be better and I want the best play caller we can possibly have.  I've also seen plays were the oline actually has a good down and the Trev makes the wrong read or a bad throw, or the WR messes up with a drop or runs the wrong route, or doesn't get his head around, or even a drop.

If you think Press is a better player caller than Doug, than that's your opinion but i disagree.  The WRs are also part of the problem and the QB also needs to play better.  If the WRs are running the wrong routes week 17, then that also falls on the coaches not having.   them ready this late in the season

The defense is another issue, poor tackling can also fall on the coaches. I bet if Dick LeBeau was coaching this defense you wouldn't see these issues.  They need to start holding players accountable.  If a player continues to mess up bench him for a series or 2.  There are a bunch of reasons why we are playing like the worst team in the league right now.

(12-27-2023, 09:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 09:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, this is true. That's why people putting so much emphsis on the OC is frustrating, because if you pigeonhole the reason as that one guy (who's not even really below average) then you come back next year with a new play caller and the same problems. I want this team to win too, just like you. Going back to the summer I was pouding the table to make the lines better, and if we had then we wouldn't be talking about play calling because the plays called would be working. Not being able to run the ball isn't about plays, it's about players. Not being able to pass block isn't about plays, it's about players. Not being able tackle isn't about plays, it's about players. Dropping touchdowns and missing throws isn't about the plays, it's about the players. That's why Doug responds like he does to those questions, because the greatest plans and best play calling on Earth can't help if the players don't or can't make the plays.

I agree that the oline is the biggest problem on offense and I was pounding the table for Dawand Jones and Torrence, could of had both over Stange and Bigsby.  With that said the play calling isn't the best it can be, it can be better and I want the best play caller we can possibly have.  I've also seen plays were the oline actually has a good down and the Trev makes the wrong read or a bad throw, or the WR messes up with a drop or runs the wrong route, or doesn't get his head around, or even a drop.

If you think Press is a better player caller than Doug, than that's your opinion but i disagree.  The WRs are also part of the problem and the QB also needs to play better.  If the WRs are running the wrong routes week 17, then that also falls on the coaches not having.   them ready this late in the season

The defense is another issue, poor tackling can also fall on the coaches. I bet if Dick LeBeau was coaching this defense you wouldn't see these issues.  They need to start holding players accountable.  If a player continues to mess up bench him for a series or 2.  There are a bunch of reasons why we are playing like the worst team in the league right now.

I don't think Taylor is a better play caller, but I think he's running Doug's offense and it's not significantly different. At least not enough to overcome the player problems. It's a Hierarchy of Needs model IMO. The Head Coach/System is the foundation, then the GM, then the QB, then the rest of the starters, and then the Coordinators, then the other coaches and lastly the backups and practice squad guys. We have critical issues as the GM and starters levels that have to be fixed before the assistants make a significant difference. You don't have to address these linearly, but having a failure at a lower level is more significant than one at the upper levels.

"Jacksonville can clinch the AFC South with a win against Carolina combined with losses by Houston (vs Tennessee) and Indianapolis (vs Las Vegas)."

(12-27-2023, 10:22 AM)H8tank Wrote: "Jacksonville can clinch the AFC South with a win against Carolina combined with losses by Houston (vs Tennessee) and Indianapolis (vs Las Vegas)."

It's all possible. Vegas has been playing good football with Pierce coaching them, coming off a big win with the Chiefs. The tacks are scrappy, with or without CJ Stroud, the tinhorns could be in trouble there. 

Hopefully we can manage not to get upset by the Panthers at [BLEEP] home man. If they do? Oof.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-27-2023, 10:22 AM)H8tank Wrote: "Jacksonville can clinch the AFC South with a win against Carolina combined with losses by Houston (vs Tennessee) and Indianapolis (vs Las Vegas)."

We can also be eliminated from winning the afc south this week as well.

(12-27-2023, 11:34 AM)rfc17 Wrote:

We can also be eliminated from winning the afc south this week as well.

Yeah. Going to be an interesting game this Sunday. Against the worst team in football at the moment. What a wild [BLEEP] statement to make.

The "reading their own press clippings" from earlier in the season sounds like the tip of an iceberg now.

(12-27-2023, 03:44 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The "reading their own press clippings" from earlier in the season sounds like the tip of an iceberg now.

Yeah. There's definitely some kind of weird dynamic occurring in the locker room.

(12-27-2023, 08:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 08:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Did you misgender me on purpose? Because that's the kind of childishness I'd actually expect of of one with your elementary intellect.

Don't be that guy.

(12-27-2023, 04:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 08:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: My bad, it doesn't have the gender up for each poster.  I was just going by your post history.

Don't be that guy.

He was trying to take a few shots so I had to take a little one.  I'll be better next time.  All they have to do is win and most will be in a good mood on here except for the trolls.

(12-27-2023, 09:28 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 08:58 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: You need to chill with the petty crap,

You're right and I will too. It's just a bit much around the social media world right now.

Everyone is in a bit of a mood with the jags losing. Hopefully we are all in a good mood next Monday

Just once I’d like to see an undermanned, wounded Jaguars team beat an opponent they’re supposed to lose to.

Just once.

(12-28-2023, 12:09 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Just once I’d like to see an undermanned, wounded Jaguars team beat an opponent they’re supposed to lose to.

Just once.

Here here.