Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Wiggins again with good points. What if press is not the problem

(01-13-2024, 09:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 09:17 PM)nhiverson Wrote: https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1...7006722450

It's a combination but play,line and qb turnovers.
Baalke
Doug=Press so I don't know what you do about that one.
You’re tweet isn’t getting enough love because the Trevor haters don’t understand what they’re looking at

They either have no idea what that chart is saying or simply refuse to address it because it doesn't jive with their whine-fest.

Trevor Lawrence made too many mistakes in a number of games this year - and some of the turnovers are squarely on him - but the degree to which this offense was crippled by the OL was a much, much bigger problem.

The chart shows Trevor was essentially the 13th most efficient QB in moving the footbal toward the goal line, and the second chart shows where he'd rank in the same field if you account for the poor line play. 
THIRD most efficient. 

Nonetheless - the haterz are going to hyperbolize all of his shortcomings and try to find a way to make some "TL sux" post they made in October of 2022 appear somehow redeemed after Trevor made it look stupid in November and December of that year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2024, 09:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 09:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You’re tweet isn’t getting enough love because the Trevor haters don’t understand what they’re looking at

They either have no idea what that chart is saying or simply refuse to address it because it doesn't jive with their whine-fest.

Trevor Lawrence made too many mistakes in a number of games this year - and some of the turnovers are squarely on him - but the degree to which this offense was crippled by the OL was a much, much bigger problem.

The chart shows Trevor was essentially the 13th most efficient QB in moving the footbal toward the goal line, and the second chart shows where he'd rank in the same field if you account for the poor line play. 
THIRD most efficient. 

Nonetheless - the haterz are going to hyperbolize all of his shortcomings and try to find a way to make some "TL sux" post they made in October of 2022 appear somehow redeemed after Trevor made it look stupid in November and December of that year.

"I didn't say those things about Trevot Lawrence"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-12-2024, 07:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh this is getting stupid. It's the [BLEEP] center and guards. That's all it is.

Did the center and guard miss that last 4th down throw? Hm. All it is, weird. I haven't had the time to go through the all-22 of the last 2 games but I kinda want to make it a point to do so for all 17 games and just analyze Trevor's decision making when/if I have the time. Me thinks there's gonna be a lot to be desired in that department.

(01-16-2024, 02:56 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 07:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh this is getting stupid. It's the [BLEEP] center and guards. That's all it is.

Did the center and guard miss that last 4th down throw? Hm. All it is, weird. I haven't had the time to go through the all-22 of the last 2 games but I kinda want to make it a point to do so for all 17 games and just analyze Trevor's decision making when/if I have the time. Me thinks there's gonna be a lot to be desired in that department.

Show me the man, I'll show you the crime.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-13-2024, 06:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I don't know how many times it needs to be explained, but for some reason, people don't grasp it.  What you are saying is exactly correct.  Our interior offensive line is causing a cascading series of problems for our entire offense.  It affects every part of the offense.

People like their biases.

(01-16-2024, 02:56 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

I'll save you the trouble
Plenty missed opportunities from Trevor in specific situations.

Are you going to bench him? Are you going to start Beathard?
Are you trading for a starter? Are you drafting a replacement early?
Are you signing someone to start?

NO?
Are you willing to acknowledge the issues around Trevor?
Ok, then lets fix the oline and dline.

(01-16-2024, 05:51 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 02:56 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Did the center and guard miss that last 4th down throw? Hm. All it is, weird. I haven't had the time to go through the all-22 of the last 2 games but I kinda want to make it a point to do so for all 17 games and just analyze Trevor's decision making when/if I have the time. Me thinks there's gonna be a lot to be desired in that department.

I'll save you the trouble

NO?

Saying Trevor has issues that need to be corrected is not the same as saying cut him and start over.

Lots of hyperbole.

(01-16-2024, 06:40 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 05:51 PM)jagshype Wrote: I'll save you the trouble

NO?

Saying Trevor has issues that need to be corrected is not the same as saying cut him and start over.

Lots of hyperbole.

So you are just whining for the sake of hearing yourself complain?

(01-16-2024, 06:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 06:40 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: Saying Trevor has issues that need to be corrected is not the same as saying cut him and start over.

Lots of hyperbole.

So you are just whining for the sake of hearing yourself complain?

.... isn't that what this board is for?

None of us can change anything lol

(01-16-2024, 06:53 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 06:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: So you are just whining for the sake of hearing yourself complain?

.... isn't that what this board is for?

It's a lot more tolerable if you bother to complain about something that's actually worth changing.
Not sure if you discern the difference.

(01-16-2024, 07:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 06:53 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: .... isn't that what this board is for?

It's a lot more tolerable if you bother to complain about something that's actually worth changing.

So... Trevor can't correct his issues?

(01-16-2024, 07:47 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 07:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's a lot more tolerable if you bother to complain about something that's actually worth changing.

So... Trevor can't correct his issues?
LOL

His issues are minuscule compared to the problems worth making roster and scheme changes over. 

You've conceded you won't change the starter at QB

Would you change the LG?
Center?
RG?
XWR?
Run scheme?

Everybody wants Trevor to cut out the mistakes. Most are just wise enough to see where those mistakes fall in order of negative impact on this offense.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2024, 07:47 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(01-16-2024, 06:53 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: .... isn't that what this board is for?

Trevor having butter fingers with the ball, making horrible decisions passing (when there is time to throw) and sailing passing many feet above his WRs catch radius is worth changing. He needs to get A LOT better to be anywhere near as good as you think he is.

And that twitter link above is absurd, You really think Geno Smith played better than Lamarr Jackson this season? Come on use your brain if it still works.

(01-16-2024, 07:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 07:47 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: So... Trevor can't correct his issues?
LOL

His issues are minuscule compared to the problems worth making roster and scheme changes over. 

Would you change the LG?
Center?
RG?
XWR?
Run scheme?

Everybody wants Trevor to cut out the mistakes. Most are just wise enough to see where those mistakes fall in order of negative impact on this offense.

The O line has absolutely no bearing on a lot of his poor passes/dropped fumbles..

(01-22-2024, 07:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Trevor having butter fingers with the ball, making horrible decisions passing (when there is time to throw) and sailing passing many feet above his WRs catch radius is worth changing. He needs to get A LOT better to be anywhere near as good as you think he is.

And that twitter link above is absurd, You really think Geno Smith played better than Lamarr Jackson this season? Come on use your brain if it still works.

(01-16-2024, 07:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Would you change the LG?
Center?
RG?
XWR?
Run scheme?

The O line has absolutely no bearing on a lot of his poor passes/dropped fumbles..

Bull [BLEEP].

Would you change the LG?
Center?
RG?
XWR?
Run scheme?

Wow

The OL failure forced him to scramble on some of the plays he fumbled on, the OL rushed him on some of the passes he threw INTs on.

Kind of can't believe I'm explaining this. 

When you take those out of the equation and take INTs that were on receivers bobbling the ball, this "a lot of his poor passes" thing you are arguing seems pretty disingenuous since the number is so decreased. 

He made mistakes. He needs to make less. Fine.
Trying to diminish the line's contribution to a healthy portion of those mistakes is kind of silly and we haven't even talked about him making mistakes while playing through 4 separate injuries.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2024, 09:16 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-12-2024, 09:07 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

I'd say that's the majority of the issue, couples in with some butter finger WRs and a trigger happy turnover machine at QB.

But either way, fixing the line will improve everything.

Fixing the line will give us a clearer picture of what the problems are.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Would you change the LG?
Center?
RG?
XWR?
Run scheme?

This statement is why your opinion means nothing involving this subject, especially when the people who get paid to analyze his and other QB’s play say otherwise.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2024, 09:38 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(01-22-2024, 09:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 07:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Trevor having butter fingers with the ball, making horrible decisions passing (when there is time to throw) and sailing passing many feet above his WRs catch radius is worth changing. He needs to get A LOT better to be anywhere near as good as you think he is.

Wow

The OL failure forced him to scramble on some of the plays he fumbled on, the OL rushed him on some of the passes he threw INTs on.

When you take those out of the equation and take INTs that were on receivers bobbling the ball, this "a lot of his poor passes" thing you are arguing seems pretty disingenuous since the number is so decreased. 

Trying to diminish the line's contribution to a healthy portion of those mistakes is kind of silly and we haven't even talked about him making mistakes while playing through 4 separate injuries.

Yes because scrambling is the reason he has poor ball security.. come on dude.

The O line absolutely made it difficult for him to move the ball but to reach that hard to blame them for every mistake he made is insanity.

(01-22-2024, 09:17 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 07:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Trevor having butter fingers with the ball, making horrible decisions passing (when there is time to throw) and sailing passing many feet above his WRs catch radius is worth changing. He needs to get A LOT better to be anywhere near as good as you think he is.

This statement is why your opinion means nothing involving this subject, especially when the people who get paid to analyze his and other QB’s play say otherwise.

A lot of people who get paid to analyze his QB play also thought he was a similar prospect to Andrew Luck, some even thought he was better.

It took me less than a day to watch his college tape to realize that was total bull [BLEEP]. Go back and watch some of Lucks games in college he was light years better than Trevor at that level, and he was light years better than Trevor throughout his time in the NFL even tho he had a terrible OL that lead to his retirement.

(01-22-2024, 09:35 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 09:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wow

Yes because scrambling is the reason he has poor ball security.. come on dude.

The O line absolutely made it difficult for him to move the ball but to reach that hard to blame them for every mistake he made is insanity.

LOL

I'm gonna help you connect a couple of dots here.

This is going to sound really crazy to you at first - but you may get somewhere with it if you let it marinate. 

If he wasn't running for his life from pressure on a designed pass play, he wouldn't fumble the ball running downfield on that play. Therefore - he would have fumbled fewer times in 2023 with better protection.

(01-22-2024, 09:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 09:35 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Yes because scrambling is the reason he has poor ball security.. come on dude.

LOL

I'm gonna help you connect a couple of dots here.

This is going to sound really crazy to you at first - but you may get somewhere with it if you let it marinate. 

If he wasn't running for his life from pressure on a designed pass play, he wouldn't fumble the ball running downfield on that play. Therefore - he would have fumbled fewer times in 2023 with better protection.

Just let it go, he's clearly a dip [BLEEP].