Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Wiggins again with good points. What if press is not the problem

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2024, 07:13 PM by OG-JAGFAN.)

This couid be accurate I mean press did win a Superbowl working with Foles. Maybe the prince is not as good as we all thought. I can see that possibility. Around 7 min mark.

https://youtu.be/1TXOxj94lBM?si=KGivHuT0TlJyDJjI

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Press was just the QB coach at that point right?

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2024, 07:30 PM by OG-JAGFAN.)

Idk if true but leave this here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/s/CzzdRHjNsn

(01-12-2024, 07:15 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: Press was just the QB coach at that point right?

Yea Reich was the OC. With that said, Taylor still has a ring and worked directly with the SB winning QB. He isn't just some scrub.

Oh this is getting stupid. It's the [BLEEP] center and guards. That's all it is.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-12-2024, 07:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh this is getting stupid. It's the [BLEEP] center and guards. That's all it is.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(01-12-2024, 07:13 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: This couid be accurate I mean press did win a Superbowl working with Foles. Maybe the prince is not as good as we all thought. I can see that possibility. Around 7 min mark.

https://youtu.be/1TXOxj94lBM?si=KGivHuT0TlJyDJjI

Your Clutching at thin air with this one mate

(01-12-2024, 07:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh this is getting stupid. It's the [BLEEP] center and guards. That's all it is.

I'd say that's the majority of the issue, couples in with some butter finger WRs and a trigger happy turnover machine at QB.

But either way, fixing the line will improve everything.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2024, 09:21 PM by nhiverson.)

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1...7006722450

It's a combination but play,line and qb turnovers.
Baalke
Doug=Press so I don't know what you do about that one.
No Fun

Definitely needed another Trevor thread.

Good grief…..

I disagree. There are still big holes in Lawrence game. The good news is he is still young and will grow. How much is the potential.

(01-12-2024, 10:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Definitely needed another Trevor thread.

Good grief…..

Well for now we can look forward to the day that he has sufficient talent around him, and he matures into a really good QB and then I presume nobody will roast him.

(01-12-2024, 09:17 PM)nhiverson Wrote: https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1...7006722450

Baalke

Lawrence definitely needs to cut down on turnovers but yeah on a play by play bases he played well enough to get us wins. No image he has a line to block and a defense that can get stops.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-13-2024, 12:19 AM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 09:17 PM)nhiverson Wrote: https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1...7006722450

Baalke

Lawrence definitely needs to cut down on turnovers but yeah on a play by play bases he played well enough to get us wins. No image he has a line to block and a defense that can get stops.

Judging from the picture above he is above average which is fine by itself. 

He isn't good enough to elevate the team around him like a SB winner should. 

Further to that we've now more or less used his entire rookie contract so cap space that could have been used to pay for better support is going to Trevor himself soon.

I don't know how many times it needs to be explained, but for some reason, people don't grasp it.  What you are saying is exactly correct.  Our interior offensive line is causing a cascading series of problems for our entire offense.  It affects every part of the offense.

(01-13-2024, 06:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I don't know how many times it needs to be explained, but for some reason, people don't grasp it.  What you are saying is exactly correct.  Our interior offensive line is causing a cascading series of problems for our entire offense.  It affects every part of the offense.

Talk to coach pederson about it. If you watched his most recent responses, he says there is nothing wrong with the offense line except that they didn’t have the chemistry because of the injuries during the season. So buckle up buttercup and maybe get a better play caller who can overcome these issues just in case we get stuck with this same line next season.

(01-13-2024, 06:45 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 06:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know how many times it needs to be explained, but for some reason, people don't grasp it.  What you are saying is exactly correct.  Our interior offensive line is causing a cascading series of problems for our entire offense.  It affects every part of the offense.

Talk to coach pederson about it. If you watched his most recent responses, he says there is nothing wrong with the offense line except that they didn’t have the chemistry because of the injuries during the season. So buckle up buttercup and maybe get a better play caller who can overcome these issues just in case we get stuck with this same line next season.

Coaches are not going to be honest about players that need to be replaced.  There's no reason for Pederson to come out and say what I said.  But I'm sure he knows it.  

You say a better play caller can overcome these issues.  No way.  "Calling better plays" is not a solution for bad players.  There is no set of "better plays" that will solve our problem.  And you can't evaluate our current play caller when he's handcuffed by our inability to run the ball and protect the passer.  

It's like boxing with one arm tied behind your back.  You would say, "He just needs to box differently."  I would say, "He needs the use of both arms to box effectively."

(01-13-2024, 07:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 06:45 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Talk to coach pederson about it. If you watched his most recent responses, he says there is nothing wrong with the offense line except that they didn’t have the chemistry because of the injuries during the season. So buckle up buttercup and maybe get a better play caller who can overcome these issues just in case we get stuck with this same line next season.

Coaches are not going to be honest about players that need to be replaced.  There's no reason for Pederson to come out and say what I said.  But I'm sure he knows it.  

You say a better play caller can overcome these issues.  No way.  "Calling better plays" is not a solution for bad players.  There is no set of "better plays" that will solve our problem.  And you can't evaluate our current play caller when he's handcuffed by our inability to run the ball and protect the passer.  

It's like boxing with one arm tied behind your back.  You would say, "He just needs to box differently."  I would say, "He needs the use of both arms to box effectively."

Pederson repeatedly called out players saying it's execution not scheme.

(01-13-2024, 07:50 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 07:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Coaches are not going to be honest about players that need to be replaced.  There's no reason for Pederson to come out and say what I said.  But I'm sure he knows it.  

Pederson repeatedly called out players saying it's execution not scheme.

If he's saying it's execution because of a lack of continuity, that's not the same as saying we need some new players.

Baalke
You’re tweet isn’t getting enough love because the Trevor haters don’t understand what they’re looking at

(01-13-2024, 09:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Baalke
You’re tweet isn’t getting enough love because the Trevor haters don’t understand what they’re looking at

Worse, either it doesn't fit in with their trolling,  or it doesn't fit in with their desire to thrash around randomly once they get up in their feelings until mommy changes their diaper and they start the cycle of self-soiling anew.