Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which two rank 1st and 2nd to you as biggest detractors from offensive goals in 2023?
OL talent & performance + Execution (skill players)
OL talent & performance + QB execution
OL talent & performance + play calling
Play Calling + OL talent & performance
Play Calling + QB execution
Play Calling + Skill player execution
QB execution + OL talent & performance
QB execution + play calling
QB execution + skill player execution
It's all about the line
Corn
Blank #2
[Show Results]
This poll will close on: Today

2023 Offensive Underachievement Poll

I"d say bad drafting. And bad coaching.

Baalkie and Doug have both sucked bigly. Kind of suprised how Doug is getting a pass here.

Both should be fired next year if we end up with a mediocre season again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-14-2024, 02:55 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: I"d say bad drafting. And bad coaching.

Baalkie and Doug have both sucked bigly. Kind of suprised how Doug is getting a pass here.

Both should be fired next year if we end up with a mediocre season again.
I think entering year three this is fair and a reasonable take.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-13-2024, 11:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 11:12 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: That’s a bad take. Not even Mahomes could carry Kansas City in the first half of the year when the rest of the team was sucking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you do understand outside of Kelce, none of KCs wrs would start above our top 3 wrs right? He has far less talent around him..

How often did our top 3 WR's play during the final 6 games?

(01-14-2024, 07:04 AM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 11:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Now you do understand outside of Kelce, none of KCs wrs would start above our top 3 wrs right? He has far less talent around him..

How often did our top 3 WR's play during the final 6 games?

Not to mention the absurdity of essentially stating, "besides the first ballot hall of famer on their side, our guys are better." 
Every time we play them Kelsey eats us alive.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2024, 08:45 AM by The Real Marty.)

(01-13-2024, 11:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 11:12 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: That’s a bad take. Not even Mahomes could carry Kansas City in the first half of the year when the rest of the team was sucking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you do understand outside of Kelce, none of KCs wrs would start above our top 3 wrs right? He has far less talent around him..

But he has far more talent in front of him.

(01-14-2024, 08:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 11:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Now you do understand outside of Kelce, none of KCs wrs would start above our top 3 wrs right? He has far less talent around him..

Jawaan Taylor for example.

(01-14-2024, 11:32 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(01-14-2024, 08:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: But he has far more talent in front of him.

Jawaan Taylor for example.

Sarcasm aside, their run game was still better than ours somehow (their RBs are not as good as ETN) because their line actually blocks. What a concept.

(01-14-2024, 11:37 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-14-2024, 11:32 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Jawaan Taylor for example.

Sarcasm aside, their run game was still better than ours somehow (their RBs are not as good as ETN) because their line actually blocks. What a concept.

The problems with this team stem from the most fundamental aspects of football- blocking and tackling.   You can't scheme your way out of that.  There are no plays you can call to make up for it.

(01-14-2024, 11:37 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-14-2024, 11:32 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Jawaan Taylor for example.

Their run game worked better also because the fact that they didn't face an 8 man box half the time, when you play Trevor and Travis you gotta defend Travis.. when you're playing Mahomes and Pacheco.. you defend mahomes.

Are you saying Kansas City OLine has alot of talent? And its not Mahomes actually making their jobs easier?

Smith is tied for sixth among all offensive tackles in pressures allowed and ranks fourth in hurries. He's 10th in penalties. Taylor, that signed a big [BLEEP] contract a four-year deal worth $80 million in the spring, has collected more penalties this season than any offensive lineman in the sport. Smith is performing at a level closer to his salary than Taylor is, which isn't necessarily a praise of the former. The Chiefs need better play from their bookend duo simple as that. 

Also, Lawrence > mahomes when it comes to recieving corps no idea this is even debateable. Best defense in the Mahomes era currently being wasted by burger king janitor wide receivers….and Matthew Nagy.

No they don't, they have an Elite QB and we do not.

Hell you can't even tell me Kelce is better than Engram based on this past season alone. Engram lead all TEs in receptions and has 2nd most in NFL history lol.

(01-14-2024, 01:01 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-14-2024, 08:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: But he has far more talent in front of him.

No they don't, they have an Elite QB and we do not.

Hell you can't even tell me Kelce is better than Engram based on this past season alone. Engram lead all TEs in receptions and has 2nd most in NFL history lol.
Jags tackles > Chiefs tackles 
Chiefs IOL >>>>>>>>>>>> Jags IOL

Also. Reid > Pederson
Chiefs D > Jags D
Chiefs special teams > Jags ST

(01-14-2024, 01:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-14-2024, 01:01 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: No they don't, they have an Elite QB and we do not.

Also. Reid > Pederson
Chiefs D > Jags D

You forgot one

Chiefs QB (never ended a season before the AFC title game since.. we went in '17) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jaguars QB (Hasn't ended a season with less than 20 turnovers)

(01-14-2024, 01:13 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-14-2024, 01:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags tackles > Chiefs tackles 

Also. Reid > Pederson
Chiefs D > Jags D

You forgot one

Chiefs QB (never ended a season before the AFC title game since.. we went in '17) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jaguars QB (Hasn't ended a season with less than 20 turnovers)

Is this the thread where we argue that the guy that won one more game than Trevor with a future hall of famer on offense along side him, superior protection in front of him, and a vastly superior defense watching his back and lost a few weeks ago by throwing pick sixes with everything on the line is vastly superior to Trev?

I mean, yeah, Mahomes is the best QB in the league the last few years and already a first ballot hall of famer, but the comparison is showing exactly the opposite of what you think it is.

(01-14-2024, 01:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-14-2024, 01:01 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: No they don't, they have an Elite QB and we do not.

Also. Reid > Pederson
Chiefs D > Jags D

The biggest difference is Mahomes has better defense, but even Lawrence played with a defense that had alot of takeaways and for a QB thats all you can ask...

(01-14-2024, 01:13 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Also. Reid > Pederson
Chiefs D > Jags D

You forgot one

As usual, [BLEEP] you buddy

(01-14-2024, 01:31 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:

Also. Reid > Pederson
Chiefs D > Jags D

The biggest difference is Mahomes has better defense, but even Lawrence played with a defense that had alot of takeaways and for a QB thats all you can ask...
No. Thats not all you can ask for.

You can ask for a defense to not allow Jake Browning, Joe Flacco, Baker Mayfield, and Ryan Tannehill to put up 30 points.

(01-14-2024, 01:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-14-2024, 01:31 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: The biggest difference is Mahomes has better defense, but even Lawrence played with a defense that had alot of takeaways and for a QB thats all you can ask...
No. Thats not all you can ask for.

You can ask for a defense to not allow Jake Browning, Joe Flacco, Baker Mayfield, and Ryan Tannehill to put up 30 points.
In an offense league it is all you can ask, because you have to put up more points than the next team to win games. Defense helps you make it but it is proven that the offense is far more superior than defense in this league. All the rules suggest that, whether you agree or not, rules does not care about your feelings.

(01-14-2024, 01:37 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(01-14-2024, 01:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: No. Thats not all you can ask for.

In an offense league it is all you can ask, because you have to put up more points than the next team to win games. Defense helps you make it but it is proven that the offense is far more superior than defense in this league. All the rules suggest that, whether you agree or not, rules does not care about your feelings.

Football analysis doesn't have jack [BLEEP] to do with feelings. Don't be a douche bag. 

When your defense gift wraps 21 points to the Flacco led browns with busted coverages then lets Henry run for three times his typical YPC it is a major [BLEEP] problem that supersedes offensive efficiency on that day.

(01-14-2024, 02:25 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 07:56 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Where is just play calling and HC giving up responsibility of the offense?

What a lame [BLEEP] [BLEEP] poll

A lot of people think this. You can check Reddit or you tube comments. I agree with bad play calling being a huge part of the down fall in the 23 season.

Yes, YouTube and reddit comments. The true home of reasonable and sound football analysis. 

Gimme a [BLEEP] break, man. If you want to find the worst takes on the planet that's where you look first.