Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 Free Agents- Who do you keep, who do you let walk

Keep Allen, Smoot, Ridley, McManus, Cleveland, Shaq, Thomas, Junior

The rest can go.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Build your own 2024 Jaguars using the actual salary cap numbers for each player.

https://overthecap.com/calculator/jacksonville-jaguars

(01-15-2024, 10:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Build your own 2024 Jaguars using the actual salary cap numbers for each player. 

https://overthecap.com/calculator/jacksonville-jaguars

Really want to play around with this when I am off the clock. I was aware of the website but was not aware it had this tool as a feature. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-14-2024, 09:29 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: So looking at our upcoming coming FA'S. We currently have $12.9m in cap to spend but none of these players are included with that cap figure so would need to be resigned using the $12.9m and/or more cuts/restructure of other contracts.

Our upcoming FA'S are 

Josh Allen - YES
Agnew - interesting Luxury, depends on cash and who we draft. (trade bait?)
Smoot - - NOT for a 5 mill cap hit
Chaisson - - NO, draft pick's spot
Ridley - AFTER we sign our guys IF we have the cash AND only in a way we do not give up our second
Herndon - upgrade, practice squad maybe
Shatley - Minimum and let him compete with Cleveland for one spot
McManus - Yes
Ezra Cleveland - Yes, in lieu of FA market which may be bare this year. O-line coach relationship
D'Ernest Johnson - No

Then we have those bottom of the roster players

Hence  - NO, draft pick's spot
Shaq Quarterman - Venrill's spot, practice squad maybe,
Van Lanen - NO, draft pick's spot

Daniel Thomas - Yes
Tim Jones = NO
Claybrooke - No
Gregory Junior. - Sure

There's some very tough decisions on that list. Josh is a must sign and would be nice not to have to franchise tag him. I'd like to keep Agnew but it would need to be a team friendly deal. Smoot is a tough competitor and a good depth option, I'd like to keep Cleveland but not sure what he'd be after money wise.

Herndon is a tough one. I'm not his biggest fan but could be good to have as a 4th/5th CB on the depth chart but it would need to be a team friendly deal and I think we can find an improvement in the draft. McManus was doing well until his late season collapse.

Ridley is the big question mark. You'd need to cut or restructure a few probably to keep him and I have no idea what kind of money he would expect. I'd be interested to hear the coaches and Trevors opinions from working with him everyday as on gameday he's been very up and down.

So who you keeping and who you showing the door?

A new broom always sweeps clean.

Josh Allen - Yes
Agnew - No
Smoot - No
Chaisson - No
Ridley - No
Herndon -No
Shatley - No
McManus - No
Ezra Cleveland - Yes
D'Ernest Johnson - Yes

Then we have those bottom of the roster players

Hance - Yes
Shaq Quarterman - No
Van Lanen - No
Daniel Thomas - Yes
Tim Jones - Yes
Claybrooke - No
Gregory Junior - Yes

Smoot did little or nothing coming back from the injury. He'll probably never be the same and doesnt' give you much production for what he got last year. Better off rolling with a cheaper draft pick.

(01-14-2024, 09:29 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: So looking at our upcoming coming FA'S. We currently have $12.9m in cap to spend but none of these players are included with that cap figure so would need to be resigned using the $12.9m and/or more cuts/restructure of other contracts.

Our upcoming FA'S are 

Josh Allen Keep
Agnew Overrated, no thanks 
Smoot he can walk, he did nothing, I am disappointed
Chaisson lol
Ridley I rather keep the 2nd but I wouldn't complain much if they re-sign him to a FAIR contract 
Herndon lol
Shatley Bye, sorry
McManus keep? not sure
Ezra Cleveland I'd keep him if he is cheap, he might become solid with an offseason in this offense
D'Ernest Johnson I'd keep him for cheap

So who you keeping and who you showing the door?

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...MHZdA&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-15-2024, 07:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...MHZdA&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I wish, he's gonna get the bag.  Maybe Trevor can talk him into come here since they were teammates at  Clemson lol.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2024, 08:55 PM by OG-JAGFAN.)

(01-15-2024, 09:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Keep Allen, Smoot, Ridley, McManus, Cleveland, Shaq, Thomas, Junior

The rest can go.

Why? These guy did nothing this season. Cleveland we gave up a pick and he stunk.

(01-15-2024, 04:19 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Smoot did little or nothing coming back from the injury.  He'll probably never be the same and doesnt' give you much production for what he got last year.  Better off rolling with a cheaper draft pick.

True, he stunk.

(01-15-2024, 08:54 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 09:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Keep Allen, Smoot, Ridley, McManus, Cleveland, Shaq, Thomas, Junior

The rest can go.

Why? These guy did nothing this season. Cleveland we gave up a pick and he stunk.

(01-15-2024, 04:19 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Smoot did little or nothing coming back from the injury.  He'll probably never be the same and doesnt' give you much production for what he got last year.  Better off rolling with a cheaper draft pick.

True, he stunk.
Cleveland was almost as bad as Fortner.   I thought the goal was to upgrade the interior lol

The rest can go.

True, he stunk.

Cleveland is fine, he was a mid-season pick up for contract reasons and is one of the better guards in the League despite y'all's armchair eval. The others are veteran teams guys or backups. Maybe they have replacements but we'll see in camp, it's not like they will be on more than 1 year contracts. You don't resign every guy to a big deal and those guys perform well in their roles.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The rest can go.

True, he stunk.
"Cleveland is one of the better guards in the league"

Jags worst PFF grades this year.  Every grade matches the eye test.

C Luke Fortner: 44.2
G Ezra Cleveland: 46.0
G Tyler Shatley: 47.5
TE Brenton Strange: 48.6
WR Parker Washington: 51.1

(01-15-2024, 10:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 08:54 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Why? These guy did nothing this season. Cleveland we gave up a pick and he stunk.

True, he stunk.
"Cleveland is one of the better guards in the league"

WR Parker Washington: 51.1 up 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/ezra-cleve...r-injuries

We traded for a guy with a foot injury, he gets the offseason to heal up and he'll be fine. Again, your armchair eval isn't worth the pixels it took to post.

And PFF has him at 59.5 for the year, so I guess your stats source is as bad as your talent evaluation.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/ezra-cleveland/41973

You'll also notice that his Minnesota grades from before the trade put him at 73.8, among the leaders at guard in the League. Almost like he was hampered by that injury.

https://premium.pff.com/nfl/players/2023...e-blocking

So maybe if you wanna throw out numbers you ought to look just a little bit beyond them so you can understand what's going on in pro football. Or you can keep thinking you know what's going on and believing your fake news.

(01-15-2024, 11:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 10:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: "Cleveland is one of the better guards in the league"

WR Parker Washington: 51.1 up 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/ezra-cleve...r-injuries

We traded for a guy with a foot injury, he gets the offseason to heal up and he'll be fine. Again, your armchair eval isn't worth the pixels it took to post.

And PFF has him at 59.5 for the year, so I guess your stats source is as bad as your talent evaluation.

You'll also notice that his Minnesota grades from before the trade put him at 73.8, among the leaders at guard in the League. Almost like he was hampered by that injury.

So maybe if you wanna throw out numbers you ought to look just a little bit beyond them so you can understand what's going on in pro football. Or you can keep thinking you know what's going on and believing your fake news.
You are wrong again.  His 59.5 is his grade on the year, 46 is his pff grade while with the Jags, keep up.  I  don't give a [BLEEP] what he did with the Vikings, I care what he does with the Jags and he sucked.  He was so good the Viking traded him for a 6th and no other team in the league would give more than a 6th and he showed why with his play.  

His play has regressed kind of like Fortner has.  Maybe Fortner was injured as well and why he didn't perform so well.  All players are banged towards the end of the season.

(01-15-2024, 11:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 11:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/ezra-cleve...r-injuries

You are wrong again.  His 59.5 is his grade on the year, 46 is his pff grade while with the Jags, keep up.  I  don't give a [BLEEP] what he did with the Vikings, I care what he does with the Jags and he sucked.  He was so good the Viking traded him for a 6th and no other team in the league would give more than a 6th and he showed why with his play.  

His play has regressed kind of like Fortner has.  Maybe Fortner was injured as well and why he didn't perform so well.  All players are banged towards the end of the season.

Exactly dip [BLEEP], you don't have a clue. But like all good teachers I'll keep helping you learn. Some day you might have an opinion worth readng.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2024, 11:44 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-15-2024, 11:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 11:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You are wrong again.  His 59.5 is his grade on the year, 46 is his pff grade while with the Jags, keep up.  I  don't give a [BLEEP] what he did with the Vikings, I care what he does with the Jags and he sucked.  He was so good the Viking traded him for a 6th and no other team in the league would give more than a 6th and he showed why with his play.  

Exactly dip [BLEEP], you don't have a clue. But like all good teachers I'll keep helping you learn. Some day you might have an opinion worth readng.

Teacher? That will be the day hell freezes over. Like Cleveland and his 46 pff grade with the Jags?  Lol Cluless as usual

(01-15-2024, 11:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 11:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Exactly dip [BLEEP], you don't have a clue. But like all good teachers I'll keep helping you learn. Some day you might have an opinion worth readng.

Teacher?  That will be the day hell freezes over.  Like Cleveland and his 46 pff grade with the Jags?  Lol Cluless as usual

Lol, keep digging dippy, show everyone your ignorance.

(01-15-2024, 11:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 11:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Teacher?  That will be the day hell freezes over.  Like Cleveland and his 46 pff grade with the Jags?  Lol Cluless as usual

Lol, keep digging dippy, show everyone your ignorance.

Yeah, Fortner playing like Fortner.  Film at 10:30 lol

(01-15-2024, 11:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 11:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, keep digging dippy, show everyone your ignorance.

Yeah, Fortner playing like Fortner.  Film at 10:30 lol

You're off topic Skippy, rein it in.