Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 NFL DRAFT ROUNDS 4-7***

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 06:33 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

One thing is for sure, no team has a dline as athletic as ours lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-27-2024, 06:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Nah. He's an edge at 6'6 270+.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I kinda like Cole. Had him mocked to us several times. Again, makes sense based on Balke's M.O.

He'll be developed behind Allen and Walker.

(04-27-2024, 06:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1763373540324086138

I understand all of the workout warriors and measurable monsters but we need players who can play football too.

(04-27-2024, 06:14 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:10 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: Pretty inconceivable to me that we're really trynna run back almost the entire OL.

Name one day 3 rookie who would start for us this year? I get we need depth but there is little chace a day 3 rookie is starting for us barring injury.

"Barring Injury" is the entire point!  And I'll guarantee you that there's a day 3 pick you'll wish you had. The last hope is that Jags find an IOL in post-draft FA, but they better be aggressive in their pursuit.

I don't know too much about Myles Cole, but I like what I see.  He's viewed as good value at this spot and the position was a huge need.

(04-27-2024, 06:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One thing is for sure, no team has a dline as athletic as ours lol
Yeah. Agreed. Bunch of freaks on it now. Here's to having hope and faith that our offensive line is good with where it's at.

Defensively we added everything you could think of for Nielsen to succeed immeditately. Expect it to be a top 10 squad.

Offensively it just has to be on point and healthier. Expect more out of Strange and Bigsby. Expect a healthy Zay Jones back. Expect a ready to go unit in general.

Now we wait for UDFA's and training camp.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-27-2024, 06:34 PM)enigma Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1763373540324086138

I understand all of the workout warriors and measurable monsters but we need players who can play football too.

Agreed, i like the 7th round pick though.  Thats when you take a shot on the measureable guys that dont have good production.  Low risk hight reward type pick

(04-27-2024, 06:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One thing is for sure, no team has a dline as athletic as ours lol

Add Cole into this group at 6'6 280 and Jordan Jefferson at 6'3 315. Some big boys on this DL.
https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/17...0396680683

(04-27-2024, 06:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:34 PM)enigma Wrote: I understand all of the workout warriors and measurable monsters but we need players who can play football too.

Agreed, i like the 7th round pick though.  Thats when you take a shot on the measureable guys that dont have good production.  Low risk hight reward type pick

100%. I'm cool with taking shots at those type of players late in the draft for sure.

Our front 7 is gonna be a scary unit to play against.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 06:42 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-27-2024, 06:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
Yeah. Agreed. Bunch of freaks on it now. Here's to having hope and faith that our offensive line is good with where it's at.

Defensively we added everything you could think of for Nielsen to succeed immeditately. Expect it to be a top 10 squad.

Offensively it just has to be on point and healthier. Expect more out of Strange and Bigsby. Expect a healthy Zay Jones back. Expect a ready to go unit in general.

Nielsen is a dline guru.  He should have a field day with what he has to work with there.  

I think Maason Smith could make or break this draft.  If he lives up to his potential I think this could be a great draft.  He has the potential to be one of the best defenders in this draft.  Just can he live up to it?

(04-27-2024, 06:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Add Cole into this group at 6'6 280 and Jordan Jefferson at 6'3 315. Some big boys on this DL.
https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/17...0396680683

Allen and Armstead should be great mentors and role models as well.  This dline could be scary good if these guys live up to it.

Cole's arm length is 37 inches, good lord.

(04-27-2024, 06:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. Agreed. Bunch of freaks on it now. Here's to having hope and faith that our offensive line is good with where it's at.

Nielsen is a dline guru.  He should have a field day with what he has to work with there.  

I think Maason Smith could make or break this draft.  If he lives up to his potential I think this could be a great draft.  He has the potential to be one of the best defenders in this draft.  Just can he live up to it?
If his pressures from last year are any indication? I believe so. He'll be playing alongside Armstead, Walker and Allen. Plus Hamilton. These guys should be on Stroud, Richardson and Levis like stink on [BLEEP] this season.

Lawd have mercy on any pure pocket passers we play on the schedule this year. They should finally be able to collapse a pocket consistently for once instead of relying on just two guys to work it all from outside, in.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 06:48 PM by StrayaJag.)

Sacksonville on both fronts

I hope we can find some hidden o line gems in udfa

Final impressions are positive:
I liked our first and third round pics, and I can see them helping us right now "+"
The second round guy is a freak, if he plays to his limits is a very good pick, so a "+"
I liked the fourth round guys, both are a project but I can see them helping if needed be "+"
I like Prince and think he can earn a spot on the final 53 "+"
The kicker I don't mind that much
For the rest of the late round picks I wanted at least one more OL."-"

I hope we can bring a couple of Undrafted OL to compete

But in the end we got promised "strong and bigger" on both lines and we did that in the DL at least.

I give it a B+. We hit needs. We added much needed speed and size on defense. You got your WR1 of the future while adding a 3rd and 4th in 2025.

Would have liked an offensive lineman one more time over the RB selection, but, I'll live I think. The K was a need. He has a cannon. Can hit 60 at least.

Maason and Myles are genetic freaks though. Cannot wait to see them.

(04-27-2024, 06:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Nielsen is a dline guru.  He should have a field day with what he has to work with there.  

If his pressures from last year are any indication? I believe so. He'll be playing alongside Armstead, Walker and Allen. Plus Hamilton. These guys should be on Stroud, Richardson and Levis like stink on [BLEEP] this season.

Lawd have mercy on any pure pocket passers we play on the schedule this year. They should finally be able to collapse a pocket consistently for once instead of relying on just two guys to work it all from outside, in.

Think about the speed we have at CB now as well.  Jones and Prince are 4.3 guys if they want to use one to blitz from the slot or even if they wanted to use one as a spy on a mobile QB. Neilsen could get create if he wants with the flexability of a lot of these players.

Something tells me Baalke is measuring more than just arm length.

(04-27-2024, 06:57 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Something tells me Baalke is measuring more than just arm length.
Should send him a box of Magnum's.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 07:05 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Crazy that Leonard Taylor might not even get drafted. He was a top 5 recruit coming out of High School. Would love to bring him in as a UDFA along with McGlothern

Our D is going to be solid up front.