Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 NFL DRAFT ROUNDS 4-7***

(04-27-2024, 07:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Crazy that Leonard Taylor might not even get drafted. He was a top 5 recruit coming out of High School. Would love to bring him in as a UDFA along with McGlothern
At one point last year I had him as a guy for us late RD1 after the 8 - 3 start. I agree. Pretty wild he's not off the board.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-27-2024, 06:47 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Sacksonville on both fronts

I hope we can find some hidden  o line gems in udfa
That’s well played lol

(04-27-2024, 07:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 07:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Crazy that Leonard Taylor might not even get drafted.  He was a top 5 recruit coming out of High School. Would love to bring him in as a UDFA along with McGlothern
At one point last year I had him as a guy for us late RD1 after the 8 - 3 start. I agree. Pretty wild he's not off the board.

I wonder if teams know something about him that the general public doesn't.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 07:18 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-27-2024, 07:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 07:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Crazy that Leonard Taylor might not even get drafted.  He was a top 5 recruit coming out of High School. Would love to bring him in as a UDFA along with McGlothern

Just looked it up.  He was the 4th overall recruit.  I hope Baalke goes after him after the draft.  Im sure he will have a chip on his shoulder and bring in good competion.  I would be a great UDFA

(04-27-2024, 07:08 PM)enigma Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 07:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: At one point last year I had him as a guy for us late RD1 after the 8 - 3 start. I agree. Pretty wild he's not off the board.

I wonder if teams know something about him that the general public doesn't.

He was just a junior.  He should of stayed another year

(04-27-2024, 07:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:47 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Sacksonville on both fronts

That’s well played lol

Hahaha was hoping someone got it

Definitely bring him in if possibly.

It was a sad day
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-27-2024, 07:16 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 07:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: That’s well played lol

Hahaha was hoping someone got it

Oh damn, I read over that so fast that I got whooshed haha.

That was very sly and clever 10/10

Laughing

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 08:01 PM by StrayaJag.)

Any good udfa centers

I still and sure the team is gonna regret not selecting Frazier or jpj

I'm happy with the draft overall. Their objective was the give Trevor one weapon and then build up the defense. Have a depth pick on the OL. Good with that. Both CBs are very solid picks. The trade down and grabbing Brian Thomas Jr. is great. Used 3 picks on DLs. I feel depth on the DL was important here. However, 3 raw DLs. If it pans out, this team will have a top 5 DL. I'm scratching my head over the RB selection aside from just being a special teamer. And I'm not too upset about kicker Cam Little drafted. I was disappointed in some scenarios where I felt there were better players available.

Needs met: A-
Value: C+
Overall: B

(04-27-2024, 08:02 PM)Jagulars Wrote: I'm happy with the draft overall. Their objective was the give Trevor one weapon and then build up the defense. Have a depth pick on the OL. Good with that. Both CBs are very solid picks. The trade down and grabbing Brian Thomas Jr. is great. Used 3 picks on DLs. I feel depth on the DL was important here. However, 3 raw DLs. If it pans out, this team will have a top 5 DL. I'm scratching my head over the RB selection aside from just being a special teamer. And I'm not too upset about kicker Cam Little drafted. I was disappointed in some scenarios where I felt there were better players available.

Needs met: A-
Value: C+
Overall: B

I came here to say all of these things. This draft was more understandable than previous ones with a lot of head scratching. They filled needs with decent enough picks. We're all GMs during the draft, but we just don't know what was available.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 09:09 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

"Holy [BLEEP] they took ______________ in the [insert 5th, 6th or 7th] round?!?! What the [BLEEP] are they doing?"

Never change guys.

Also, the "consensus" value nonsense. I used several mock draft sites leading up to the draft. Some had Maason Smith coming off the board in the 2nd round consistently. Others didn't. Either way, I saw many teams draft guys that many of the mocks I ran suggested would be available much later. Don't read too much into the "consensus" value nonsense. The 1st round consensus is generally fairly accurate. That accuracy goes downhill in a hurry once you get past the 1st though. Judge it partially when you see it on the field later this year and reserve final judgement for a couple of years from now.

AAHA!!! Found our new Center. Baalke can get him as UDFA, wait for it... The LSU center Charles Turner lll.

Overall draft impressions:

1.Like most drafts, the final grade (after 2 years, at the least) will be based primarily on Thomas and Smith, the 1st 2 picks. Both have incredibly high ceilings, but the concerns about both are warranted. Was Thomas a 1 year wonder who succeeded because of Daniels and Nabers? I don't think so, but that possibility exists. The concerns about Smith seem more legitimate. Will he totally recover from his ACL injury in 2022? If he does, he could be a legitimate force on the defensive interior as well as helping Allen and Walker rack up a high number of sacks.

2. The selection of Thomas looked much better after so many good receivers flew off the board before the Jaguars 2nd round pick.

3. Time will tell whether passing on Mitchell and Arnold was the right decision. It's quite possible they liked Jarion Jones almost as much due to his skills in press coverage. At the least, he should be very good covering slot receivers.

4. The defensive line should be much improved at stopping the run, a big weakness last season.

5. No problem with the Cam Little pick in round 6. Hopefully he'll be as good as Josh Scobee, who was drafted in round 5.

6. The biggest negative was not taking more offensive linemen. Foster seems like a nice addition, but they should have added another interior lineman when they had the chance. McCormick and Bortolini would have been better picks than Jefferson, in my opinion.

7. One thing I really wish they would have done was move up in round 2 to take JPJ. Depending on when this could have been done, they'd likely have only had to part with a 3rd or 4th rounder. He has a good chance of becoming a pro bowl center for a long time. Maason Smith may turn out well, but I'd have preferred JPJ.

8. I refuse to grade a draft class until at least 1 year after draft day. Hopefully a couple of years from now we will be giving this class an A!

(04-27-2024, 06:47 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
Sacksonville on both fronts

I hope we can find some hidden o line gems in udfa

For sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(04-27-2024, 09:28 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:47 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
Sacksonville on both fronts

For sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an instant classic.  Thanks for the laugh!

Looks like Myles Cole has outstanding measurables. So that's nice.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 11:25 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-27-2024, 11:07 PM)Dimson Wrote: Looks like Myles Cole has outstanding measurables. So that's nice.

Lack of production, but the measurables are off the charts. Incredible length. 7'3" wingspan, 37" arm length. Height, weight, speed athlete with high developmental upside.

6 years in college and he turns 24 in a couple days.

(04-27-2024, 11:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 11:07 PM)Dimson Wrote: Looks like Myles Cole has outstanding measurables. So that's nice.

Lack of production, but the measurables are off the charts. Incredible length. 7'3" wingspan, 37" arm length. Height, weight, speed athlete with high developmental upside.

6 years in college and he turns 24 in a couple days.

I have faith in our new DC to turn our new recruits into something

He produced lemonade out of Brussels sprouts in atalanta