Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 Draft Day Round 1***

Is the Thomas pick good? Depends, this game has 2 more days to go. Biggest hurdle is we pick #48 then not again till #96. Thats a big gap there.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-25-2024, 11:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 10:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Can’t wait to see most of you back track
Won't be me.

Been on the BTJ train for months.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Same here. No lie. No cap haha

I wanted the best big uglies. I don't care if this whole draft is linemen. It's always what I hope for. WRs are a dime a dozen if they aren't elite.

(04-25-2024, 11:24 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: What's with all the chick sunglasses?

Its just the style nowadays us olds don't understand.
No Fun

(04-25-2024, 11:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I wanted the best big uglies. I don't care if this whole draft is linemen. It's always what I hope for. WRs are a dime a dozen if they aren't elite.
And all of them were gone by the Jags pick.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 11:38 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

Or this:

https://x.com/mathbomb/status/1783690966563529099?s=42&t=CBRi9jm88jvmDLxwjCos5Q

I'd love a shot at Fiske from FSU in the later rounds.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Worthy and Pearsall in the first seems more like Balke and crew were on point.

SF just got a steal

(04-25-2024, 11:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: SF just got a steal

They got a mid 2nd round QB at pick 31 bud.

(04-25-2024, 11:56 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:

They got a mid 2nd round QB at pick 31 bud.

Clueless as usual.

JPJ tommorow puh leaseee

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 12:00 AM by Caldrac.)

(04-25-2024, 11:48 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: Worthy and Pearsall in the first seems more like Balke and crew were on point.
Yep. The run went early, then it got cold for a minute. It's a deep WR class but they went higher than expected.

You'll see a run early tomorrow night as well. Mitchell, Coleman, Franklin, McConkey & Baker will be the next wave.

Walker and Burton are also good values for some teams. Our focus should now shift immediately over onto IOL, IDL and CB for the next three selections.
Yeah. They did. Was wishful thinking he would be a RD2 selection. Too good of an athlete.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-25-2024, 11:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 11:48 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: Worthy and Pearsall in the first seems more like Balke and crew were on point.
Yep. The run went early, then it got cold for a minute. It's a deep WR class but they went higher than expected.

You'll see a run early tomorrow night as well. Mitchell, Coleman, Franklin, McConkey & Baker will be the next wave.

Walker and Burton are also good values for some teams. Our focus should now shift immediately over onto IOL, IDL and CB for the next three selections.
Yeah. They did. Was wishful thinking he would be a RD2 selection. Too good of an athlete.

Facts

(04-25-2024, 10:27 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 10:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Draft is falling perfectly for us with the trade back

Actually the NFL forced the trade. They had mistakenly run a commercial the pick before us.

lol dang, funny tho. I think the trade was good.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(04-25-2024, 11:26 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 11:25 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I don't like ESPN, but it's become such a tradition for me, I have a hard time changing the channel.

Same!

For those unhappy with ESPN and/or NFL Network, I watched the College Gameday coverage on ABC and it was the best and most enjoyable draft commentary I've ever watched.

As for the actual draft as a Jags fan, I feel every year I get excited, only to be disappointed.  But maybe this year's different????

Players I'd like in round 2:

Cornerbacks:
Cooper DeJean
Kool-Aid
Ennis Rakestraw
T.J. Tampa

Offensive line:
JPJ
Zack Frazier

Others:
Johnny Newton
Kris Jenkins
Marshawn Kneeland

These 9 players stand out and any would be great picks.

(04-25-2024, 11:32 PM)jagboss Wrote: https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1764...bMAeA&s=19
(04-25-2024, 11:37 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Or this:

https://x.com/mathbomb/status/1783690966563529099?s=42&t=CBRi9jm88jvmDLxwjCos5Q
So which is it? The Jags seem to like that metric, even though it hasn't exactly meant anything for production.
(04-25-2024, 11:24 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 11:13 PM)p_rushing Wrote: He feasted on bad defenses. He had 1 year. Plenty of question marks on if he will be able to be a #1 WR. Fits right in with all the other Jags 1st round WR picks.

He scored a long TD against FSU but he also wasn't the focus. When he wasn't the #1 WR on the team, kept under 100 against good teams, he probably wasn't worth the pick. The Jags need a sure fire starter, he'll probably start, but a CB there would have been better.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Nothing says either corner that was bypassed by a lot of teams would have been better than Montaric Brown this upcoming season.   CB in the 2nd round could be just as productive...or could just as likely be a bust.  (See Emmanual Forbes last draft)

This team is going to go as far as Trevor Lawrence takes it, and they just gave him a tall/fast target with skill.    

Let's not be too negative.
Not negative but not a definite #1 WR. He has speed and measurables but hasn't been the #1 WR yet. Hopefully it works out but there were other areas that the team needed to fill. The division has updated the offenses and the Jags need to update the lines and DBs. WR was needed but not at this risk. The options before the trade were all 5 year starters and sign or get comp picks.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(04-26-2024, 12:24 AM)JB111 Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 11:26 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Same!

For those unhappy with ESPN and/or NFL Network, I watched the College Gameday coverage on ABC and it was the best and most enjoyable draft commentary I've ever watched.

As for the actual draft as a Jags fan, I feel every year I get excited, only to be disappointed.  But maybe this year's different????

I thought ESPN and ABC coverage was the same, no? Either way, it's guys who made their name in college and not the NFL discussing the prospects and it just doesn't have an NFL feel to me.  Had to change away from it quick and have watched it for lengthier periods in years past and just did not care for it.