Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 Draft Day Round 1***

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 07:03 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 5 times in total.)

How y’all feelin’, what’s the vibes? It’s finally here boys. Will 5 QBs go in round 1? We will find out tonight!

Round 1 begins tonight at 8PM.
Rounds 2 and 3 will be Friday at 7PM
Rounds 4 thru 7 will be Saturday at Noon.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: 7b01efac-61db-4b91-a40f-83c0444d0b0f_text.gif]

Hope everyone enjoys the draft. These are my 2 favorite days of the year (other than my anniversary, of courseSmile. Will shortly be displaying my draft board and picture of Joel Buchsbaum (the original draft guru who died 22 years ago and whose fanaticism about the draft puts us all to shame!). This has been an annual tradition for several years to be shared with a small group of friends who attend my draft "party."

About time. I'd be more surprised if 4 QBs went in the top 10 than 5 total in the 1st round.

It's a mystery on what the Jags will do here. Could they sneak and trade up? Trade down? There's no guarantee which position they take at 17.

I think the worst case scenario for the jags is if they trade up to select a CB. Terrion arnold is the only guy I'd imagine us drafting that I'd be upset about.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 11:02 AM by Jag149.)

Finally ! we can quit discussing who and when and get down to some real Baalkie bashing ...Smile
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 11:52 AM by cland. Edited 1 time in total.)

The roller coaster is ticking up that first hill...put your hands up or hold on tight! I would say that trading up to get a WR or 3-tech DT, would be a bad move as the draft is incredibly deep in both positions. I would love to see OL somewhere in the first 2 rounds but that's just my general philosophy of building the line around Trevor.

I think the top needs in no order are CB, DT, WR, and OL, so not drafting someone at one of those positions in the first two rounds would be a disappointment. I also think the board agrees that TE, LB, and RB shouldn't be looked at until the 4th round at the earliest. And finally, continuously trading down to stockpile late round draft picks without using them to trade back up (as a repeat of last year) would be pretty miserable.

All that said, good luck to the Jaguars, may you get the second best prospect at each of those positions --Texans fan.

Somebody said Trent sounds like he is yawning when he talks. If he drafts a 3T that plays in 100+ games with 35 sacks, it won’t be a mistake.

Best Player Available, shout out Vic Ketchman.

(04-25-2024, 12:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Somebody said Trent sounds like he is yawning when he talks. If he drafts a 3T that plays in 100+ games with 35 sacks, it won’t be a mistake.

Best Player Available, shout out Vic Ketchman.

BAF!!!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Pretty excited. I like so many players I feel it'll be hard to mess this up.

Also would love trade down to 20-27 range if it brings us an extra second/third value. Don't want a bunch of late picks.

(04-25-2024, 01:42 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: Pretty excited.  I like so many players I feel it'll be hard to mess this up.

Also would love trade down to 20-27 range if it brings us an extra second/third value.  Don't want a bunch of late picks.
You new here?

Need some sound effects in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn1dOk6-Q-8

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 02:43 PM by nhiverson. Edited 1 time in total.)

Twitter has lots smoke for Xavier Worthy to Jags..
I don't know what to think of that.

https://twitter.com/prettyrickey213
He says we don't trade up for a WR.
He also said we're working on a long term deal for Lawrence with discount if we add a weapon
so are the Lions for Goff.
JJ to the Pats
LT for Chiefs or WR backup plan is what he has heard.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 02:50 PM by MikePete54. Edited 2 times in total.)

I want a big ugly in the 1st
Dont mess this up by trading up for a WR

I'm unhappy if Jags don't address OL early and often. Obviously biggest need/most impactful. Rewatch some games I bet most of you hoping for DL/CB change your mind quick

Jags finally have franchise QB. No other logical move other than to protect him first and foremost

I think a big boy or wr (is someone elite falls) will be the pick.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 02:52 PM by Haterade. Edited 1 time in total.)

Need a player with a mean streak

I wouldn't be mad at DL/OL/WR rd1 I think we can find a cb later on.
No Fun

I think the safest picks, the safest bets in tonight's first round are Cooper DeJean and Graham Barton.

I consider them sleeper picks for us at this point. Specifically due to their versatility and overall athletic scores.

They simply offer too much across the board to be busts at the next level. Barton could be a tackle or center.

DeJean can be a corner that plays outside or over the slot and he can play safety very easily. His gunner and returner abilities are also top shelf.

Just saying. Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all with either selection.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-25-2024, 02:50 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: I'm unhappy if Jags don't address OL early and often. Obviously biggest need/most impactful. Rewatch some games I bet most of you hoping for DL/CB change your mind quick

Jags finally have franchise QB. No other logical move other than to protect him first and foremost

Agree completely.