Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Just general college FB stuff

That's my coach!!

https://twitter.com/DustinLewisNG/status...PIyLQ&s=19
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2023, 08:10 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-28-2023, 06:21 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: That's my coach!!

Big credit to Norvell. He pulled that program up out of the mire that was Willie Taggart. I still don't think FSU belongs in the playoff (even with Travis) and they would be a middle of the pack team in the SEC, Pac 12 or even Big 10. But they beat who was in front of them, albeit arguably only one good team in LSU. 3 loss LSU. Enough said.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-28-2023, 08:03 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

Big credit to Norvell. He pulled that program up out of the mire that was Willie Taggart. I still don't think FSU belongs in the playoff (even with Travis) and they would be a middle of the pack team in the SEC, Pac 12 or even Big 10. But they beat who was in front of them, albeit arguably only one good team in LSU.  3 loss LSU.  Enough said.

I kinda agree with you with the playoff race. There's more deserving teams right now that should be ahead of FSU.. 

Honestly though, just still happy with a shot at The ACC Championship and a bowl game.

(11-29-2023, 11:06 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 08:03 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Big credit to Norvell. He pulled that program up out of the mire that was Willie Taggart. I still don't think FSU belongs in the playoff (even with Travis) and they would be a middle of the pack team in the SEC, Pac 12 or even Big 10. But they beat who was in front of them, albeit arguably only one good team in LSU.  3 loss LSU.  Enough said.

I kinda agree with you with the playoff race. There's more deserving teams right now that should be ahead of FSU.. 

Honestly though, just still happy with a shot at The ACC Championship and a bowl game.

Absolutely, as you should be. That program came back from the grave.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

He never should have been allowed back in the game last week.  You could see his eyes roll back in his head when he was laying on the field.  An NFL team would have been fined BIG TIME.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...title-game
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2023, 07:34 PM by WingerDinger.)

(12-01-2023, 06:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote: He never should have been allowed back in the game last week.  You could see his eyes roll back in his head when he was laying on the field.  An NFL team would have been fined BIG TIME.

I mean, I understand letting the kids play without all the ticky-tacky calls, but yeah, my boy got laid out like a slab of beef for the butcher.. I was pretty pissed..

Tate should play tomorrow night. But in all honesty, if he can't, Brock Glenn will be ready. Dude's going to be a superstar..

But yeah, that was one of the most undisciplined games by a team that I watched this whole season. UF should feel ashamed with that one..

(12-01-2023, 07:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 06:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote: He never should have been allowed back in the game last week.  You could see his eyes roll back in his head when he was laying on the field.  An NFL team would have been fined BIG TIME.

I mean, I understand letting the kids play without all the ticky-tacky calls, but yeah, my boy got laid out like a slab of beef for the butcher.. I was pretty pissed..

Tate should play tomorrow night. But in all honesty, if he can't, Brock Glenn will be ready. Dude's going to be a superstar..

But yeah, that was one of the most undisciplined games by a team that I watched this whole season. UF should feel ashamed with that one..

Yeah.  There were some pretty dirty plays by Florida…and I have no allegiance to either.

Well, dang. I can't watch the PAC-12 Championship game because Directv is in a tiff with the company that owns the channel with the rights.

Fun game to watch last night.  More than I can say for the crap that the majority of the prime time NFL games have been.

(12-02-2023, 09:25 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Fun game to watch last night.  More than I can say for the crap that the majority of the prime time NFL games have been.

I ended up watching the game on my laptop through ESPN while the Kansas and UConn basketball game played on TV. 

Oregon bounced back in the second half, but Washington never lost control of the game. They made the stops and scored when needed. A good competitive game.

Washington
Michigan
Alabama
Georgia

Those are your four teams barring Michigan losing against Iowa. Sorry FSU and Texas.

(12-02-2023, 08:39 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Washington
Michigan
Alabama
Georgia

Those are your four teams barring Michigan losing against Iowa. Sorry FSU and Texas.

I don’t know. I think Michigan, Washington, Alabama, and Texas. Even though I believe GA is still one of the four best, I can’t see them putting 2 SEC teams in with Texas having a legit claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023, 01:45 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

FSU got left out, as expected. But that's cool. The Noles went above and beyond this season!!

If I was Tate Rodemaker or Brock Glenn, I'd turn this into a serious chip on my shoulder and get better.

Trust the process and Coach Norvell!!

https://twitter.com/CFBRep/status/173134...RQjNA&s=19

(12-03-2023, 01:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: FSU got left out, as expected. But that's cool. The Noles went above and beyond this season!!

If I was Tate Rodemaker or Brock Glenn, I'd turn this into a serious chip on my shoulder and get better.

Trust the process and Coach Norvell!!

https://twitter.com/CFBRep/status/173134...RQjNA&s=19

Norvell has done a great job.  He seized the opportunity to supplement his talent pool through the transfer portal. During this process he showed he was a really good evaluator of talent. He also, did it in a way that did not trash the team culture. (aka his traditional recruits did not get totally pissed off)  This is the beginning of a shift in the way college teams can be built.  Without the NIL and transfer portal rule changes it never could have been done without being placed on probation. 

Defense
NB - Jarrian Jones - Missisippi State
LCB - Fentrell Cypress II - Virgina
MLB - Tatum Bethune - Central Florida
RDE - Jared Verse - Albany
LDT - Braden Fiske - Western Michigan
RDT - Fabien Lovett Sr. -  Mississippi State
RDE - Gilber Edmond - South Carolina
NB - Greedy Vance Jr - Louisville
BUCK - Ashlynd Barker - Western CC

Offense
QB - Jordan Travis - Louisville
WR - Johnny Wilson - Arizona State
WR - Keon Coleman - Michigan State
WR - Deuce Spann - Illinois
LT - Bless Harris - Lamar
LG - Casey Roddick - Colorado
LG - Keiondre Jones - Auburn
RG - D'Mitri Emmanuel - Charlotte
RT - Jeremiah Byers - UTEP
RT - Bless Harris -Lamar
LTE - Kyle Morlock - Shorter
RTE - Jaheim Bell - South Carolina
RB - Trey Benson - Oregon
RB - Caziah Holmes - Penn State

The results of this process has jump started his recruiting.  How will this hold up over time as many other teams embrace this tactic will be interesting to see. Will smaller schools become "training grounds" for college football behemoths?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

The Seminoles got totally shafted. They did everything possible to deserve a shot at the title. While I'm not generally a conspiracy theorist, one has to wonder what factors were considered in this decision? The ratings for Alabama vs. Michigan will be off the charts bringing more money to ESPN. We'll never know if any pressure was placed on the committee, but FSU simply doesn't have a national appeal like Alabama and Saban. If I were an FSU player likely to get drafted, there's no way I'd play in the bowl game. If it didn't cost the ACC a ton of money, the whole team couldn't be blamed for boycotting the game.

I believe Alabama would win a head to head match-up vs. FSU at this point due to Jordan Travis' injury, but that should have zero to do with their selection. The people who have criticized the NCAA in the past have been validated totally.

(11-28-2023, 08:03 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

Big credit to Norvell. He pulled that program up out of the mire that was Willie Taggart. I still don't think FSU belongs in the playoff (even with Travis) and they would be a middle of the pack team in the SEC, Pac 12 or even Big 10. But they beat who was in front of them, albeit arguably only one good team in LSU.  3 loss LSU.  Enough said.

If FSU Does not belong with Travis then Bama definitely doesn't. They shouldn't even be top 6 if we're being real. The resume just isn't good outside of the UGA victory and they needed a prayer to beat Auburn and stunk it up vs USF. They're not that great either.

College football is so dumb.

Its all subjective and when deciding a champion, it should never be subjective.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023, 09:51 PM by I am Yoda.)

(12-03-2023, 09:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: College football is so dumb.

Yeah. The way the NFL does it is better. Or ncaam basketball. Prove it by playing. That why next year’s CFB will be more legitimate.

That’s why the argument that someone won their conference isn’t the be all and end all to me. What’s the strength of your conference? Are you better or as good as you were earlier in the season? It will be better when we have more objective benchmarks.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Maryland will never be in the playoffs regardless so you won't have to worry about it lol

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023, 10:25 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-03-2023, 09:51 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

Yeah. The way the NFL does it is better. Or ncaam basketball. Prove it by playing. That why next year’s CFB will be more legitimate.

That’s why the argument that someone won their conference isn’t the be all and end all to me. What’s the strength of your conference?  Are you better or as good as you were earlier in the season?  It will be better when we have more objective benchmarks.

It’s more of a “what have you done lately” kind of ranking. Bamas bad games and their loss to Texas means nothing because they beat Georgia.

I just don’t trust a process where “eye test” is in the criteria. I mean look at this board. We all watch the same games and every one comes away seeing something different.