Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dan Hicken preaching the truth.

Cam is back. Jags better be back. Swag better be back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Winning fixes everything the mood will be very different on here after a big W

(12-28-2023, 08:36 AM)WYjagsfan Wrote: Winning fixes everything the mood will be very different on here after a big W

There are no big wins left in the season. We play two teams with losing records, one being the worst in the league, and there is legitimate doubt we’ll win that game. If we somehow win the division mathematically, we’ll be demolished in the first round. 

The season will end with a shrug and a head shake.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2023, 09:07 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-28-2023, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 08:36 AM)WYjagsfan Wrote: Winning fixes everything the mood will be very different on here after a big W

There are no big wins left in the season. We play two teams with losing records, one being the worst in the league, and there is legitimate doubt we’ll win that game. If we somehow win the division mathematically, we’ll be demolished in the first round. 

For me it would end about where I expected it to end. I never saw this team getting past the first round in the play-off's to begin with, especially post draft, but, I did expect them to win this division, now, I didn't expect the other three teams in our division to also be this competitive as well. 

However, they're still barely hanging onto the division lead. If everything goes down hill these next two weeks? I will circle back to three key losses on the year for me as a fan. The early loss to the Chiefs at home, the Monday Night Football loss to the Bengals at home and the road loss to the Browns. 

Those three games were winnable, they summed up pretty much the entirety of the team this year in the grand scheme of things. Perfect examples of the following:

1. Defense showing up, offense not executing.
2. Offense showing up, defense not executing. 
3. Offense and defense doing enough to win you the game at the same time, while also having major lapses in concentration to lose it.

That was the team's battle standard last year. It has been the team's battle standard this year, just a little bit more ripped apart, charred and tattered. With that said, the season will end with a head shake if they bottom out and miss the play-off's completely. If they make it? I'll just nod in acceptance if they get bounced in round one.

If they win the first play-off game? I'll be ecstatic, over joyed and beyond belief. Still expecting changes in the front office and coaching staff though, as, you want to take that next big leap forward and not get stuck in this neutral cycle of barely getting in & barely moving the needle.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

...starting to wonder if that dub occurs before we're on the back half of 2024.

The hopium tank is depleted.

(12-28-2023, 10:50 AM)Mikey Wrote:

...starting to wonder if that dub occurs before we're on the back half of 2024.

The hopium tank is depleted.

Must admit I've got no real confidence they can beat the Panthers atm either

But a team is only one good performance away from having confidence again and we're not a crap team, even if we played like one against Tampa

I share your pessimism based on what we’ve seen on the field and the snippets coming out of the locker room, however, this is the NFL and it’s a week to week league.  Players can in fact begin playing better.  Coaches can scheme better following a bad performance.  Streaks are not perpetual.  

In short, win and hang on to the division these last two weeks and all bets are off once the playoffs begin.

(12-28-2023, 01:43 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: There are no big wins left in the season. We play two teams with losing records, one being the worst in the league, and there is legitimate doubt we’ll win that game. If we somehow win the division mathematically, we’ll be demolished in the first round. 

I share your pessimism based on what we’ve seen on the field and the snippets coming out of the locker room, however, this is the NFL and it’s a week to week league.  Players can in fact begin playing better.  Coaches can scheme better following a bad performance.  Streaks are not perpetual.  

In short, win and hang on to the division these last two weeks and all bets are off once the playoffs begin.

The O line likes your optimism.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...ipo=images]

I'm only half kidding. If the D can resurrect themselves and Press Taylor can draw up some plays to minimize the weakness up front, there's a chance we can win. I don't see how, though. Backfield penetration (that sounds naughty) is almost instantaneous, which means our run game is wrecked and all their D has to do is cover the checkdowns. Expect Carolina and Tennesse to duplicate what Baltimore did.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2023, 05:55 PM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

3 days until we mess around and find out lol

By the way, the jags hung in on every game in this losing streak except for the Bucs. The jags had a one off there.

Go jags baby!

Not on the high note the 2022 season ended.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I watched the GB CAR replay last nite. GB had no business letting the Panthers back in that game. If we can muster up a scrap of pride, we should be able to take a close one. Carolina isnt good.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Sundays performance should fix everything right? They didn't seem to have any issues on the field. Lets hope what we seen Sunday will be what we see the rest of the season, including the playoffs.
In Dougie I Trust!