Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump fined $350 Million

(02-18-2024, 10:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Is there a single liberal trucker in the entire country? This could get interesting if they hold strong.

There's got to be a least one but there are probably way more "don't care" truckers who don't care if their Trumper buddies tell them to stop delivering to NY.

How will the independent truckers who care about this issue punish the independent truckers who don't?

Isn't the whole thing about being independent that they will leave each other alone?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-18-2024, 10:52 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-18-2024, 10:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Is there a single liberal trucker in the entire country? This could get interesting if they hold strong.

There's got to be a least one but there are probably way more "don't care" truckers who don't care if their Trumper buddies tell them to stop delivering to NY.

How will the independent truckers who care about this issue punish the independent truckers who don't?

Isn't the whole thing about being independent that they will leave each other alone?
It's not truckers, it's the companies and dispatchers that aren't taking the jobs. It's already wider than I thought it would be. It probably won't have a big impact as they would need to shut everything from DC up down. They may have to start paying more for shipments to get someone to pick them up.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Whether liberal or not, everyone has their price...

(02-19-2024, 12:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Whether liberal or not, everyone has their price...

[Image: 915146adfc1b71dd1570210d762f55d4_w200.webp]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-17-2024, 07:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: His $400 sneakers that sold out in hours will help pay the "fine" too.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/...8uvaA&s=19

CEO wins autographed golden Donald Trump sneakers after $9K bid

Trump stood alongside a pair of limited-supply gold, custom Trump-branded sneakers during his surprise appearance

A luxury watch dealer CEO came out the big winner at Philadephia's Sneaker Con Saturday, taking home a pair of golden sneakers signed by former President Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ceo-win...ers-9k-bid
Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

(02-19-2024, 05:06 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 07:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: His $400 sneakers that sold out in hours will help pay the "fine" too.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/...8uvaA&s=19

CEO wins autographed golden Donald Trump sneakers after $9K bid

Trump stood alongside a pair of limited-supply gold, custom Trump-branded sneakers during his surprise appearance

A luxury watch dealer CEO came out the big winner at Philadephia's Sneaker Con Saturday, taking home a pair of golden sneakers signed by former President Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ceo-win...ers-9k-bid

[Image: 20240219-164722.jpg]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

300 jobs and the soul of a small town gone. Just the start. I wouldn't have picked GA though, as they are trending in that direction.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/ny-vi...te-georgia

(02-21-2024, 08:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: 300 jobs and the soul of a small town gone. Just the start. I wouldn't have picked GA though, as they are trending in that direction.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/ny-vi...te-georgia

This is the way..

New York has other problems looming. By demonstrating they are willing to use the legal system to target political opponents, along with all of their other issues, it’s not unreasonable to predict more economic flight.

(02-21-2024, 09:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: New York has other problems looming. By demonstrating they are willing to use the legal system to target political opponents, along with all of their other issues, it’s not unreasonable to predict more economic flight.

I'm still not completely convinced the impacted people will change the way they vote.

"The ends justify the means." - Judge Engoron... probably.

(02-21-2024, 09:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 09:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: New York has other problems looming. By demonstrating they are willing to use the legal system to target political opponents, along with all of their other issues, it’s not unreasonable to predict more economic flight.

I'm still not completely convinced the impacted people will change the way they vote.

Doesn't matter, what they put on the card doesn't end up in the tally that way anyhow.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/21/trump-fa...case-.html

"Unless he wants to pay the entire penalty while his expected appeal is considered, Trump will need to post an appeal bond. This is typically up to 120% of the judgment plus the current interest.
At that rate, Trump’s original ruling with interest would indicate he will need to secure a bond worth more than $540 million. But it’s unlikely that the real estate baron will be able to use his properties as collateral.
It’s “not very attractive to take real estate as collateral,” said Neil Pedersen, owner of New York-based surety bond agency Pedersen & Sons.
Trump could have to liquidate some assets to secure a bond, said Pedersen. The bond company will also charge a fee that could total millions of dollars."

I love that you are completely overlooking this miscarriage of justice.

(02-22-2024, 11:30 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I love that you are completely overlooking this miscarriage of justice.

It's against someone he despises, so naturally he's going to hope for the worst, doesn't matter if it's good for the country or not.

Teflon Don will ultimately net a profit from this fiasco. Normal people without his means should get out of blue states immediately.

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2024, 11:48 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-22-2024, 11:30 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I love that you are completely overlooking this miscarriage of justice.

I hate Trump, but I'm not sure how I feel about this verdict and penalty.  It does seem like a victimless fraud.  Is fraud against the law when there is no victim?  And would he have been charged if he wasn't Donald Trump?  Probably not.  We'll see how it holds up on appeal.  

I'm not overlooking it or celebrating it.

(02-22-2024, 11:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I hate Trump, but I'm not sure how I feel about this verdict and penalty.  It does seem like a victimless fraud.  Is fraud against the law when there is no victim?  And would he have been charged if he wasn't Donald Trump?  Probably not.  We'll see how it holds up on appeal.  

I'm not overlooking it or celebrating it.

It's only fraud if the court values his properties at laughably low numbers. There's a house down the street in Ponte Vedra that just sold for $22 million dollars and it's not a tenth of the Lago. His numbers were fine, the bank (who didn't even use his numbers) is fine, the deals were resolved. This was nothing but the weaponization of the law against a politician. If you don't actively oppose this behavior then you are in fact endorsing it.

And he just made 4 Billion dollars selling Truth this week, he's gonna be just fine.

Trump gave wrong (very wrong) numbers on forms that the government saw, that the banks were supposed to use to decide if he would be leant money at what interest rate.

The government has a regulatory role to play to make sure that the bank is operating like a public bank and not a private club. That's why the forms exist. So even if the banks didn't use those numbers, Trump's actions still frustrated a legitimate government activity and should be punished. Punished to what extent? Hard to say.

Now what numbers did the bank actually use, and are they actually the victims in all of this? Why are they not suing? Simple answer: it's Deutsche Bank, which has long been suspected of international money laundering for Russian kleptocrats and other bad actors. They want their internals exposed as little as possible in all of this. But it doesn't mean they weren't victims and it doesn't mean Trump shouldn't be punished.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.