Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do you still get excited to watch Jaguar football on sunday

Quote:Yes.  I still get excited about Jaguar football on Sunday regardless of how poorly the team plays.  There's always hope right up until kickoff. 
Does the "hope" die when (1) the foot hits the ball, (2) the ball is in mid air, or (3) when the ball lands out of the end zone?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes, I get excited because before the game starts it is 0-0 and I cling on to any sliver of hope.  

What is really hard for me this year is balancing the will/want to win vs. knowing that losing will ultimately be better for our future in a rich QB draft next year.  I can't root for them to lose, but in the back of my mind, I think about it.  I mean, after 2 games this year, I already feel like this is a lost season from winning perspective (not developmental of course) knowing that we won't win more then X amount of games and each game we win increases are chance of losing the #1 pick.  

I'm always excited to see my team play.  If we lose, then we lose.  If we win, then we win.  Either way, I'm happy to see my team play.

Granted I may yell at the TV a couple of times, but I still get to see my team play.   When we start to play better (whether this season, next season, or the one after that), that'll just make me that much happier.

I used to tell friends that being a fan meant three hours of stress every Sunday.

Well, there's very little stress now! I just look for any ray of light I can find.

I still find it somewhat hard to believe that Jacksonville has an NFL team - so I remind myself how fortunate I am to get to see the greatest football players in the world play in my hometown.

I remain faithful regardless of the won-loss record.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Does the "hope" die when (1) the foot hits the ball, (2) the ball is in mid air, or (3) when the ball lands out of the end zone?
the moment the clock says 14:59 in the first quarter.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I still am, but it kinda sucks when the team is so bad that 3 games into the season, I am now already on draft pick watch...   Wallbash

• Ravens @ Steelers 2002 (PIT 34-31)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2009 (TEN 30-13)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2012 (TEN 38- 20)
  • Colts @ Jaguars 2013 (IND 37-3)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2014 (TEN 16-14)
  • Panthers @ Jaguars 2015 (CAR 20-9)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2015 (TEN 42-39)

Quote: 

What is really hard for me this year is balancing the will/want to win vs. knowing that losing will ultimately be better for our future in a rich QB draft next year.   

I found myself in that position vs the Raiders.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 02:27 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

<sup>I really miss caring about the other games.  Right now, I don't even know who Tennessee plays this weekend.   In the past, I would mentally play out the best possible scenarios that would enable the Jags to be in division contention. </sup>

I approach every game the same way, eternally hopeful until it is readily apparent there is no hope. Then I just look for reasons to have optimism.

Bryan Anger is really good, isn't he?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

This team is the joke of the NFL. We are being bashed by the national news channels, not just the sports channels. It  takes decades to become what we've become.

Everybody wants the "elite" QB coming out of the draft. Unfortunately, those QB's are rare. What's more realistic is solid guys like Phillip Rivers, Sam Bradford, Matt Ryan, et. al. Just give us a solid guy with a good coach and try stockpiling draft picks for pass rushers and we can be excited to watch every game in just a season or two.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 05:05 PM by SwollenGoat.)

You have to stay excited because things will change. I suffered through a long stretch with the Seahawks before we turned the corner. Now, it's fun! I wish you guys luck on Sunday................in that no one gets hurt and the Jags can keep the score respectable, even though we are going to whoop ya!

I'm always excited about the jags games,but this week,im really fired up. I can't wait to watch us beat seattle. Smile  Smile

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I get excited because there are only 16 of these per year.

Also, when you temper expectations, it makes watching a whole lot easier.
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

I don't agree with "lets lose this year to get a better draft pick so it can make us better" mentality. 

Lets not forget the draft is a gamble and there are no guarentees.  There is a long line of players who were "sure fire to be great" that turned out to be bust. 

I do not agree with losing to get a better lottery ticket.  This team has to be smart and get good players in the draft and spend some serious money in FA.  Yes there have been teams that have spend wisely in FA and are much better for it.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I don't agree with "lets lose this year to get a better draft pick so it can make us better" mentality. 

Lets not forget the draft is a gamble and there are no guarentees.  There is a long line of players who were "sure fire to be great" that turned out to be bust. 

I do not agree with losing to get a better lottery ticket.  This team has to be smart and get good players in the draft and spend some serious money in FA.  Yes there have been teams that have spend wisely in FA and are much better for it.

I'd never want to see the team intentionally tank for a draft pick, but when it's as bad as this one is today, I've got no problem with them losing because the silver lining is the potential of getting a top pick in the draft that could be used to potentially fix a major problem on this roster.  Nothing is guaranteed, but the hope is you'll be rewarded for being lousy enough to warrant a top pick in the draft. 

Odds are extremely unlikely that you'll land a franchise QB in free agency, so having the better picks to address that issue and the pass rush will certainly help.

Tank for Teddy?  I'm not a proponent.  But, as bad as this team is, they won't need to tank anything.  It'll just happen.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I will agree this team suck so bad we are going to be in the running for the top pick regardless.  I just don't believe in lets lose to get the pick.

Teddy could be our answer to a franchise QB or he could be Jamarcus Russel.

I don't expect the team to get a Franchise QB in FA but they could get some oline, dline,lb, and te help. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

There just has to be that one team that completely stinks.  At one time, Tampa Bay was a terrible football team. Sure they aren't very great still but hey jack, they one at least one Super Bowl. Fans are meant to be loyal no matter what.

I didn't suspect us to be great rightaway with Gus.  At best I saw us  going 8-8 this season. Truth is, this team is just plain awful right now.

Quote:There just has to be that one team that completely stinks.  At one time, Tampa Bay was a terrible football team. Sure they aren't very great still but hey jack, they one at least one Super Bowl. Fans are meant to be loyal no matter what.

I didn't suspect us to be great rightaway with Gus.  At best I saw us  going 8-8 this season. Truth is, this team is just plain awful right now.
When I see Del Rio get 5 wins with worse and get fired, and Mularkey gets 2 wins with about the same and get fired, and now knowing Caldwell and Bradley are likely to get 3 years I'm not enthused.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Truthfully. I'm actively looking for a part-time job on Sundays...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:To me, there's a certain amount of "How bad is it going to be this week?"

No, I don't get excited to see the Jaguars get destroyed every week, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan than you. I still watch every second of every game, I'm still emotionally invested in this team, I'm still active on this message board. Just because we don't share the same emotions regarding the games, doesn't mean that we aren't the same level of fan. You don't have to be excited to be a fan.

Exactly this.