Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So...We're Really Keeping Baalke?

(01-09-2024, 09:12 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Shad Khan is the worst owner in all sports.

Even a women like Amy Adams Strunk has more balls than him to pull the trigger and fire her H that is regarded as one of the better coaches in the league.

That's kind of a weird point to make.  You admire Amy Adams Strunk because she had the balls to make a bad decision?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2024, 07:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 09:12 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Shad Khan is the worst owner in all sports.

Even a women like Amy Adams Strunk has more balls than him to pull the trigger and fire her H that is regarded as one of the better coaches in the league.

That's kind of a weird point to make.  You admire Amy Adams Strunk because she had the balls to make a bad decision?
No I admire her decision despite prior success..... not  putting up with [BLEEP] results as of late.... Tennessee has had 2 seasons of missing the playoffs and she cut ties, simple as that, followed by firing her GM last year (despite some great seleftions) he made. While Shad over here is still keeping Baalke after a horrible draft year. Dudes picks is what cost us the hugest collapse in the NFL history.

I can't find one fan on this forum or in daily life that wants to keep Baalke. Usually there are dissenters. Not one person wants him except Shad. Not even writers think Baalke should be GM. 

He's gotta question that.

(01-13-2024, 07:48 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 07:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That's kind of a weird point to make.  You admire Amy Adams Strunk because she had the balls to make a bad decision?

I can't find one fan on this forum or in daily life that wants to keep Baalke. Usually there are dissenters. Not one person wants him except Shad. Not even writers think Baalke should be GM. 

That wasn't the point, though.  He was saying he admired Amy Adams Strunk because she had the balls to fire Mike Vrabel.  I was saying that's a weird thing to admire someone for- the ability to make a bad decision.  My point had nothing to do with Baalke.

(01-13-2024, 08:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 07:48 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: I can't find one fan on this forum or in daily life that wants to keep Baalke. Usually there are dissenters. Not one person wants him except Shad. Not even writers think Baalke should be GM. 

That wasn't the point, though.  He was saying he admired Amy Adams Strunk because she had the balls to fire Mike Vrabel.  I was saying that's a weird thing to admire someone for- the ability to make a bad decision.  My point had nothing to do with Baalke.

I was just trying to get us back on point. Baalke being retained even though it makes no sense.

I feel like the usual adage that you should get a GM and a coach at the same time doesn’t apply here. Coming into work with Trevor and Doug would be a very appealing job for gms.

(01-13-2024, 07:27 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 07:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That's kind of a weird point to make.  You admire Amy Adams Strunk because she had the balls to make a bad decision?
No I admire her decision despite prior success..... not  putting up with [BLEEP] results as of late.... Tennessee has had 2 seasons of missing the playoffs and she cut ties, simple as that, followed by firing her GM last year (despite some great seleftions) he made. While Shad over here is still keeping Baalke after a horrible draft year. Dudes picks is what cost us the hugest collapse in the NFL history.

Baalke and Doug are essentially making these picks together. 

I'm still a Doug Pederson believer - so I'm not trying to cast shade on the guy - but everyone wetting their diapers about "Baalke's picks" are mostly failing to include Pederson in their pout sermons. 

Not addressing the OL  - and previously addressing it with 290 pound ballerinas instead of 330 pound road graders is the result of Baalke choosing players with Pederson to address Pederson's intended scheme.

Baalke needs to find this team a Center that can beat the guy in front of him when we need one yard to convert or score. And Doug needs to tell him to stop trying to draft OL players to block safeties 30 yards downfield and draft them to dominate the LOS.

Well, this is as good as the team has been in years. The jags just had Two winning seasons in a row, so I doubt Balkie gets fired unless the team has a losing season, and we don’t want any losing seasons, so that’s where things are at.

(01-13-2024, 10:34 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Well, this is as good as the team has been in years.  The jags just had Two winning seasons in a row, so I doubt Balkie gets fired unless the team has a losing season, and we don’t want any losing seasons, so that’s where things are at.

Baalke isn't getting fired this offseason unless Doug goes to Khan in the next few weeks and says "I can't work with this guy." 

And Baalke is basing his picks on what Pederson wants. 
So Pederson knows the draft failures and roster build issues are his fault too. 
He's not going to throw Baalke under the bus knowing they both just agreed to draft a non-factor TE and a developmental RB early instead of greater needs. 

They both want to see this thing get fixed to redeem themselves and neither appears to be pointing the finger at the other just yet.  Baalke and Pederson are in this thing together until one of them disagrees enough to change that.

(01-13-2024, 10:34 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Well, this is as good as the team has been in years.  The jags just had Two winning seasons in a row, so I doubt Balkie gets fired unless the team has a losing season, and we don’t want any losing seasons, so that’s where things are at.

If he/they fix the lines this offseason will we keep complaining?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-13-2024, 10:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

C'mon, you've been on this board long enough...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Unfortunately we won’t know if the lines are fixed until it’s too late (late next season)

If pigs had wings they could fly.  They had tons of opportunities last year to fix the lines.  They think this oline is good if healthy.  They think the poor defense was because of Caldwell

(01-13-2024, 10:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Baalke isn't getting fired this offseason unless Doug goes to Khan in the next few weeks and says "I can't work with this guy." 

And Baalke is basing his picks on what Pederson wants. 
So Pederson knows the draft failures and roster build issues are his fault too. 
He's not going to throw Baalke under the bus knowing they both just agreed to draft a non-factor TE and a developmental RB early instead of greater needs. 

They both want to see this thing get fixed to redeem themselves and neither appears to be pointing the finger at the other just yet.  Baalke and Pederson are in this thing together until one of them disagrees enough to change that.

+1
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I think Baalke is terrible so I will want him fired regardless.

Pout sermons, lol

Right, right...we've been so successful that back to back winning seasons is cause to pout.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-13-2024, 03:23 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: Pout sermons, lol

Haha

New one there - I was feeling inspired

Baalke might truly be the antichrist for all I know, but I also know our situation isn't really that dire and Pederson is tied to many of these roster moves.

Even “a woman”? It’s not the 1950’s anymore.
TBH, it’s likely she had a bunch of dudes helping her make that bad decision.

(01-13-2024, 04:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 03:23 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: Pout sermons, lol

Haha

New one there - I was feeling inspired

Baalke might truly be the antichrist for all I know, but I also know our situation isn't really that dire and Pederson is tied to many of these roster moves.

Envisioning lower level employees witnessing office doors getting slammed and hearing shouting coming through meeting room walls is so much more fun though.