Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So...We're Really Keeping Baalke?

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 04:39 PM by Khan Artist. Edited 2 times in total.)

Khan has employed two GMs during his time as Jaguars owner.  The team has gone 60-135 during that span.

We are currently one of the most expensive rosters in the NFL.  The last two drafts have produced two to three average to good starters.

We went 9-8 last season, and our GM made the decision that we were going to run it back with virtually no change.  Guess what?  We're 9-8 again.

Our franchise QB just experienced an injury-filled season that certainly affected his play, and this can directly be attributed to our GM doing nothing to fix glaring IOL issues.

Our DL is also quite weak, with a total inability to produce pressure.  

Even the Tyson Campbell pick has to be called into question now.

So Khan is just going to keep rolling with this, I guess.  Baalke has never had success anywhere he's been, and he has successfully taken a clean slate (multiple picks in high rounds and the most cap space in the NFL after Caldwell's firing) and turned it into an expensive and underachieving mess.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I want shack harris back at this point
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 04:42 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-09-2024, 04:16 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: Khan has employed two GMs during his time as Jaguars HC.  The team has gone 60-135 during that span.

We are currently one of the most expensive rosters in the NFL.  The last two drafts have produced two to three average to good starters.

We went 9-8 last season, and our GM made the decision that we were going to run it back with virtually no change.  Guess what?  We're 9-8 again.

Our franchise QB just experienced an injury-filled season that certainly affected his play, and this can directly be attributed to our GM doing nothing to fix glaring IOL issues.

Our DL is also quite weak, with a total inability to produce pressure.  

Even the Tyson Campbell pick has to be called into question now.

So Khan is just going to keep rolling with this, I guess.  Baalke has never had success anywhere he's been, and he has successfully taken a clean slate (multiple picks in high rounds and the most cap space in the NFL after Caldwell's firing) and turned it into an expensive and underachieving mess.

He had a decent run of success in San Francisco. It just came crashing down due to clashing ego's with him and Harbaugh. It was a negative aspect to him that followed him everywhere around the NFL and it was a primary driving force as to what was taking so long to get Doug Pederson hired here to begin with back in 2022. 

Started with Pederson, then they went on a round robin crusade to find Meyer's replacement, the sticking point was "Baalke has to be here" while other candidates were calling for him to go prior to stepping foot inside Jacksonville's front office. 

He really needs to go, but, he's not. Khan is a [BLEEP]. This is his nature, his historical decision making since taking ownership tells you this about him. He'll see back-to-back 9-8 seasons as a success story, in spite of everything you listed above with Lawrence getting absolutely hammered this year physically and mentally with the rest of the team clearly regressing. 

This past season exposed this team for what it was last season and again this past season. It's an overpriced, middling football team that needs a ton of lucky bounces and breaks to get into the post season. When they actually had a tougher schedule to contest with? They folded like a lawn chair in every single outing. 

Doug sugarcoated his expectations a little bit when hired on, stating it wasn't an overnight fix, and, to an extent, he was right, however, when you go 9 - 8 and manage to win at least one play-off game? You have to do more to build upon that and they didn't do it. The 2023 draft class and next to nothing being done in the 2023 free agency market speaks volumes to three things:

1. Khan's complacency. 
2. Baalke's incompetency. 
3. Pederson's laidback personality. 

We have three people in three very important and critical positions in this sport and none of them are willingly comfortable enough to strike while the iron is hot and comfortable enough to rock the boat to get the crew back on course and to tighten up the ship. 

We went from one extreme to the other and complacency, incompetency and being laidback kills. Everybody was waiting on a spark to happen this past season just like last season. That spark was already provided in 2022, it was there job's to keep hammering away at it like a master blacksmith with a deliberate goal of continuing to fold and shape this team into a strong contender.

Instead? They decided the product was finished and ready to be placed in the bucket of water to cool off for showing and sale. They all collectively failed this team and fanbase just like that in one off season. Some of us saw this coming earlier, the expectations were tempered back just a little bit, I had expected them to barely win enough to finish as a 4th seed again. However, nobody expected Houston to do what they did and that was what ultimately resulted in the final result. 

We needed 10 in 2023 instead of 9 like we did in 2022. That's all it boils down to. They could have had that 10 win mark and then some had they addressed the obvious needs on both sides of the football. They flat out ignored it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Baalke must have compromising pix of Khan. It's the only possible explanation.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-09-2024, 04:57 PM)Sibelius Wrote: Baalke must have compromising pix of Khan. It's the only possible explanation.

He is a snake, always has been. Unless you cut the snake's head off, it will find a way to survive. He has positioned himself as a trusted advisor to Khan somehow even though everyone was saying you need to fire him. They even tried to hire a VP or similar role to run the team but he somehow got that stopped. Then they said they would look at making a hire later and it's now 2 years later and no movement on that.

Balkie and roaches would survive a nuclear catastrophe.

Not a surprise really
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Khan evidently doesn’t have a spine
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

If Baalke is still the GM at the time of the NFL Draft & week 1 of next season ..... the clown masks have to return. It's unconscionable to me that he's lasted as long as he has and despite a plethora of draft picks we have little to show for it and the problems that have plagued this team since before his arrival have yet to be corrected or even addressed in any meaningful way.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 07:00 PM by mikesez. Edited 3 times in total.)

In Baalke's defense, suppose he did what we all wanted in the draft and picked up Torrence in rd 2 and Stromberg in rd 3. Two of the best IOL available, supposedly. They both stunk it up this year! If Baalke had been fired at the end of 2022 and replaced with our ideal GM, it's hard to see how 2023 ends up with the offense doing any better than it did this year.

That said, Baalke takes a lot of the blame for the roster being in the state it's in, in the first place. He could have made better decisions going back many years.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-09-2024, 04:34 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I want shack harris back at this point

Lol ....the man who passed on Terrell Suggs to draft Leftwich and then the following year passed on Big Ben to draft Reggie Williams (because we already had our franchise QB)..

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 07:37 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Is Micheal Huyghue still alive?

(01-09-2024, 04:57 PM)Sibelius Wrote: Baalke must have compromising pix of Khan. It's the only possible explanation.

The same theory applies to Press Taylor and Pedersen. Maybe farm animals are involved.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-09-2024, 06:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Lol ....the man who passed on Terrell Suggs to draft Leftwich and then the following year passed on Big Ben to draft Reggie Williams (because we already had our franchise QB)..

Yea I hate him when he was here so much I jumped on the gene train faster then anyone. I hate TB so much id take Harris back at this point.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Keeping Press Taylor seems like a terrible idea.

Keeping Baalke isn't much better, but Khan is way too patient with GM's. Is anyone really impressed by any of his picks? Baalke should've been on a short leash after the Urban Meyer disaster. Winning a playoff game last year bought him time he shouldn't have. We did so little to improve last year. Ridley was our big add, and he didn't really pan out. I guess this year we'll have more to work with, but his seat should be very hot for next year, and barring a playoff run, he should be gone.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Breaking news......

Water is wet
Fire burns
Dogs return to their vomit

Khan is overly patient. He cuts the checks and pays the bills. We are stuck watching.

P.S. The NFL doesn't care about the existing fans. They are too busy chasing people that want the NFL to be the National Flag League.

Shad Khan is the worst owner in all sports.

Even a women like Amy Adams Strunk has more balls than him to pull the trigger and fire her H that is regarded as one of the better coaches in the league.

I've maintained that Baalke's record in Jacksonville is one of someone who "can hit the soft ball but not the hard ball".  Let's start with free agency.  A big reason for the team's improvement since he got here was his 2022 free agent class.  Yes, we got a lot of talent.  However, we also set an NFL record for money spent in free agency.  If you have the most money, you should expect the best results.  Even if we do give Baalke credit as a good signer of free agents, that's not our path going forward.  The Jaguars are at the phase where signing new expensive free agents will be an infrequent occasion.  

As far as the draft is concerned, yes, Lawrence, ETN, Walker, Lloyd and Harrison are major contributors to the team.  Guess what?  They were all first round picks.  Campbell is also good, but he was the top pick in the second round.  The problem is that Baalke has made 23 draft picks later than #33 overall and Andre Cisco is the only decent starter in that group.  Walker Little has primarily been a backup and most on here want to keep him there.  Fortner starts, but there's a consensus that he sucks and is the priority to upgrade this off-season.  After those three, it's backups at best with about a third of these picks not even on the 53 man roster anymore.  Just hitting on first rounders is not good enough.

(01-09-2024, 09:18 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I've maintained that Baalke's record in Jacksonville is one of someone who "can hit the soft ball but not the hard ball".  Let's start with free agency.  A big reason for the team's improvement since he got here was his 2022 free agent class.  Yes, we got a lot of talent.  However, we also set an NFL record for money spent in free agency.  If you have the most money, you should expect the best results.  Even if we do give Baalke credit as a good signer of free agents, that's not our path going forward.  The Jaguars are at the phase where signing new expensive free agents will be an infrequent occasion.  

As far as the draft is concerned, yes, Lawrence, ETN, Walker, Lloyd and Harrison are major contributors to the team.  Guess what?  They were all first round picks.  Campbell is also good, but he was the top pick in the second round.  The problem is that Baalke has made 23 draft picks later than #33 overall and Andre Cisco is the only decent starter in that group.  Walker Little has primarily been a backup and most on here want to keep him there.  Fortner starts, but there's a consensus that he sucks and is the priority to upgrade this off-season.  After those three, it's backups at best with about a third of these picks not even on the 53 man roster anymore.  Just hitting on first rounders is not good enough.

This should be all that Khan needs to see to move on from him. We're really going to let this S.O.B have ANOTHER draft to set us back some more. Unreal.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Give me Baalke's free agents and 1st rounders.

Harris picking the rest of the draft.

Diamond Dave's contract negotiations.

Can we find all that in 1 person?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-10-2024, 09:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Give me Baalke's free agents and 1st rounders.

Harris picking the rest of the draft.

Diamond Dave's contract negotiations.

Can we find all that in 1 person?

Rick Spielman might have been a good start but, well, ya know....