Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why Liberalism will fail

Quote:There is no agreement to be made with 0bama.  That's the point.  He's not interested in negotiating unless the terms are in complete agreement with his viewpoint.  Otherwise, he hits the campaign trail and fundraising circuit demonizing the other side at every turn.  Heck, all of this talk about impeachment?  There are few prominent members of the GOP who have even mentioned it, but that hasn't stopped dear ruler and his democrat minions from running around saying that's what they're planning to do so they can raise money for the mid terms. 

This country has a dumbed down electorate that has been chipped away at for decades.  They're easily influenced by hot button issues and shiny objects, and do very little in the way of critical thinking.  If you ever watched some of the man on the street interviews guys like Kimmel or Leno did around politics, it's utterly amazing just how poorly informed most average people are when it comes to what is happening to their country, and I honestly think that's by design.  The masses have been trained like dogs to avert critical thought, and conditioned to defer to whoever is in charge telling them what they can or can't do, what they should or should not think, and who they should or should not vote for. 
Are you trying to say the GOP has spent the last six years attempting to negotiate? It's pretty obvious neither side is doing anything at all productive. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Are you trying to say the GOP has spent the last six years attempting to negotiate? It's pretty obvious neither side is doing anything at all productive. 

Years 1 and 2 didn't matter, they had no power. After they were given the House and the mandate to confound the leftist's attempts to remake the country they've done exactly what they were sent there to do: gridlock.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Years 1 and 2 didn't matter, they had no power. After they were given the House and the mandate to confound the leftist's attempts to remake the country they've done exactly what they were sent there to do: gridlock.

exactly, the House GOP was sent to STOP legislation, because their constituents disagree with the legislation that was being passed in every way. I'm no champion of the GOP but the House is doing what they where sent to do.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Years 1 and 2 didn't matter, they had no power. After they were given the House and the mandate to confound the leftist's attempts to remake the country they've done exactly what they were sent there to do: gridlock.

Obama the leftist--that's a joke.

Quote:exactly, the House GOP was sent to STOP legislation, because their constituents disagree with the legislation that was being passed in every way. I'm no champion of the GOP but the House is doing what they where sent to do.
Constituents from heavily gerrymandered districts across the nation. 

Quote:Obama the leftist--that's a joke.

Did you vote for Obama? Yes/ no?

Quote:Did you vote for Obama? Yes/ no?

Nonsequitur alert!

Quote:If we are only electing people based on personality, and not on the content of their character, and their position on critical issues that impact this nation as a whole, we are screwed.  We wind up with unqualified ideologues who are partisan to the core like 0bama who read a teleprompter competently, but have never actually run a stinking thing in their life.... 

"content of their character"?? I'm convinced more than ever that fewer people care about this at all - not in their political leaders or for themselves. 

Quote:"content of their character"?? I'm convinced more than ever that fewer people care about this at all - not in their political leaders or for themselves. 
If your idea of content of character is being antagonistic and being broad and general in your stereotyping of large groups of people than you need to rethink what the idea of character actually means. 

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2014, 01:34 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:If your idea of content of character is being antagonistic and being broad and general in your stereotyping of large groups of people than you need to rethink what the idea of character actually means. 

I know what character is, and wasn't generalizing or throwing it at "liberals" if that was your point. 

I'm talking about as individuals. Its about being trustworthy. Being responsible. Being ethical. Hard working and civic minded. Caring about your fellow man/ woman. Having respect for yourself and others. 

I'm guessing liberals might have a guilty conscience when I speak of this however - hence a quick trigger like above. 

Quote: 

<div> 
I know what character is, and wasn't generalizing or throwing it at "liberals" if that was your point. 

I'm talking about as individuals. Its about being trustworthy. Being responsible. Being ethical. Hard working and civic minded. Caring about your fellow man/ woman. Having respect for yourself and others. 

I'm guessing liberals might have a guilty conscience when I speak of this however - hence a quick trigger like above. 

</div>
No I was referring to a slew of your replies where you are antagonistic and broad in general in sweeping assumptions about groups of people. Just as you are in your reply here. 

I do agree with the bolded above though. 

Charles speaks the truth? What have you been smoking. He also said he hates all white people.

Yes, he's right because there are no wealthy liberal physicians only wealthy Alabama redneck conservatives? SMH.

Regards....................the Chiefjag