Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Super Bowl predictions

(02-12-2024, 09:20 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: brock purdy got his team to the Super Bowl faster then Lawrence did his team to the super bowl.  Purdy got san fran there in only 2 years.   Lawrence has been qb for jags for 3 years, and hasn't even gotton any were close to a Super Bowl.  I'm just saying.

Do you think Brock Purdy would've taken this franchise the the Super Bowl in the last two years? Hint: the correct answer is "no".

P.S. - The second round of the playoffs is pretty damn close to the Super Bowl especially considering where they were just a season before.

P.S.S. - I'm quite disappointed with how far Wolfie has fallen.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-12-2024, 09:20 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: brock purdy got his team to the Super Bowl faster then Lawrence did his team to the super bowl.  Purdy got san fran there in only 2 years.   Lawrence has been qb for jags for 3 years, and hasn't even gotton any were close to a Super Bowl.  I'm just saying.

So did Jimmy G. With the same exact coaching staff on offense play caller wise and relatively the same exact players minus CMC. The defense was also top of it's class for the most part in the NFC during that time and during this time. 

What's your point? All you're proving is that a well established front office and coaching staff can compile a talented roster and win a [BLEEP] ton of football games with competent QB play around them.

You know who else this applies to? A number of other QB's and teams. Pretty much 25+ some odd teams. Carry on though...
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-12-2024, 09:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Superb Owl strikes again. 2020 had similar outcomes so far with 2023/2024. It's funny how everything is cyclical. I am going to make an early prediction. For fun.

I believe the Superbowl game next year in Feb. will be between the Bengals and Rams again.

[Image: 8a162a2213b1fe92b81718ff50c52bf1.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Don’t make me throw my breakfast up please.

(02-12-2024, 09:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Do you think Brock Purdy would've taken this franchise the the Super Bowl in the last two years? Hint: the correct answer is "no".

P.S. - The second round of the playoffs is pretty damn close to the Super Bowl especially considering where they were just a season before.

P.S.S. - I'm quite disappointed with how far Wolfie has fallen.
Must be nice to have elite coaching, elite offensive line, elite defense, CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk, and Kittle..... But that can't possibly be it.

unforttanttly  2022 was a fluke just like 2017 was.   no Purdy wouldn't of gotten jags to the Super Bowl this season ,but he also wouldn't have all the ints , and fumbles Trevor had.  

theres been 20 good qbs from college who failed in the NFL.   

https://thesportsdrop.com/articles/elite...he-nfl/20/

my point is Jags have a qb who had susscues in college ,Jags need a qb with a chip on his shoulder  to go all the way,and one thats good.  Trevor won in college ,so he doesn't have the chip on his shoulder needed.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2024, 10:55 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-12-2024, 09:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 08:59 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I have less of a problem with that.  Makes total sense to get it first from the standpoint of if both teams get FGs or TDs on their OT possession, you’d get the ball first in sudden death.
If you go second, you know exactly what you need in order to win the game.

Chiefs actually game planned for this. If the 49ers scored a TD, Chiefs were going for 2 if they scored a TD.

Always better to go second if you know for a fact you’re getting the ball no matter what.

Yes in that scenario that would have been the better choice, but there is more than one scenario.  What if they trade field goals or both defenses force punts on the first two drives?  You’d want the ball in sudden death and going first ensures you do in those scenarios.

Thats why I have less of a problem with that decision because at the time they didn’t know they’d be settling for a FG and their defense would disappear.  I mean, it had been a defensive battle for most of the game.

However, settling for a FG did seem like they were in the position of now hoping for sudden death as I had no doubt Mahomes would be able to lead a FG drive in 4 down territory from the 25. There are scenarios where you kick the FG and play defense as they did, like if you find yourself in 4th and long, though, I think it was a critical mistake not to instead go for it on 4th and 4 from the 9 as I mentioned previously.  I think being inside the 10 in a manageable distance for a 1st down is reason enough to go for it there because it really isn’t the end of the world if you don’t convert.  I know Mahomes is Mahomes, but even his probability of leading a scoring drive goes down the longer the field is for him. Also, even if going 2nd allows you to make the go for 2 and the win decision, it’s still a lower probability situation to be in to not only drive for a TD and also convert the 2 than it is to drive for a TD to tie.

I have no problem with your logic at all, I just have no problem with taking the ball first either especially in what had been a defensive battle to that point.  It’s not a cut and dry decision any more in my opinion with the rules change and so I don’t blame Shanahan there.  I do think he needed a little Dan Campbell angel/devil on his shoulder screaming to go for it on 4th and 4 from the 9 though.

I think we can all agree that TLaw's rookie year should have an asterisk next to it thanks to the Urban Meyer Decay and (at least in preseason) Tim Tebow fiasco. Nothing good came out of that season other than we managed to win two games and we saw TLaw could handle pressure in a total [BLEEP] show scenario.

(02-12-2024, 10:23 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: unforttanttly  2022 was a fluke just like 2017 was.   no Purdy wouldn't of gotten jags to the Super Bowl this season ,but he also wouldn't have all the ints , and fumbles Trevor had.  

my point is Jags have a qb who had susscues in college ,Jags need a qb with a chip on his shoulder  to go all the way,and one thats good.  Trevor won in college ,so he doesn't have the chip on his shoulder needed.

And my point is that Trevor Lawrence brought a garbage franchise out of the dumpster and given us two consecutive winning seasons for the first time in twenty years. Which in fact means that what you are calling a "fluke" really is an anomaly, but a good one not what you in your misunderstanding think is a negative. So you and all the rest of the whiners can shove it. Get on the bus or get out of the way, the trajectory is pointing up for the third year in a row even if you just wanna sit in the road and pout.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-12-2024, 10:44 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I think we can all agree that TLaw's rookie year should have an asterisk next to it thanks to the Urban Meyer Decay and (at least in preseason) Tim Tebow fiasco. Nothing good came out of that season other than we managed to win two games and we saw TLaw could handle pressure in a total [BLEEP] show scenario.

Yeah I think anyone who isn't a pessimist by nature or a troll throws out year 1.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2024, 12:12 PM by Mikey.)

(02-11-2024, 07:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's going to be a KC stupid luck night.

winner, winner

(02-11-2024, 09:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Apple should be ashamed..

I been saying this since the days of the iMac

(02-11-2024, 11:53 PM)Haterade Wrote: Taylor Swift 13+ Sightings

would you rather Clark Hunt or Donna Kelce sightings?
or how about any of the other myriad celebrities that overpaid for tickets (we all know they got em comped) to say they were part of the crowd?

Not like she was stealing camera time from some make-a-wish kids or anything.

(02-12-2024, 12:01 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Ugh another year of dynasty talk finally wait long enough for the patriot dominance to end and the chiefs emerge is same fashion.

Taylor's cap hit is nearly $25M next season...gonna have to either let some people go or kick the can down the road to keep the band together. Especially if Mahomes wants to be paid more in line with the top QB contracts.

Dunno if Reid said anything, but if he is mulling retirement, that will be a big hit to their chances to keep rolling.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2024, 03:30 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

Ultimately, the 9ers put it in Purdys hands on two 3rd and 4 situations, and he couldnt deliver the 1st down. They settled for 3 both times, and on the 1st one, they left the Chefs too much time in regulation as a result.

After watching last nights game, it is painfully clear that we are MILES away from competing at that level. We simply have not built the culture yet. With the resurgence of the Texans and the Colts, and the addition of another Harbaugh in the AFC, our recent 1 1/2 year window may be all that we get for a while.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Yeah the Jaguars have not built anything that makes me see them in the super bowl.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-12-2024, 02:03 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Yeah the Jaguars have not built anything that makes me see them in the super bowl.

Agreed.. Playoff team? Probably..

Super Bowl? 

Not a chance..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2024, 03:21 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-12-2024, 10:23 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: unforttanttly  2022 was a fluke just like 2017 was.   no Purdy wouldn't of gotten jags to the Super Bowl this season ,but he also wouldn't have all the ints , and fumbles Trevor had.  

I don't know why, but, the word "susscues" just feels like a word that should be used more often. It's like, when you're trying to use the words "success" and "excuses" at the same time, when you're so good, so talented and successful that you're able to have any excuses you need. 

"Susscues". Can't wait to use this tonight. 

My wife: Can you sit down and eat at the table with us tonight, like a normal family?
Me: Nope, I must be susscuesed from the table.
My wife: What did you say?
Me: You heard me wench, my success enables me to be excused from the table.
My wife: Fine
Me: Fine? Damn right I am fine. Now susscues me while I kiss the sky. 
*Amazing Jimi Hendrix solo ensues with my almost four year old son revealing his hidden talent with an electric spiderman guitar*

Then, I wake up. Because we don't eat at a table in my household. Ain't nobody got time for that!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-12-2024, 03:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

I don't know why, but, the word "susscues" just feels like a word that should be used more often. It's like, when you're trying to use the words "success" and "excuses" at the same time, when you're so good, so talented and successful that you're able to have any excuses you need. 

My wife: Can you sit down and eat at the table with us tonight, like a normal family?
*Amazing Jimi Hendrix solo ensues with my almost four year old son revealing his hidden talent with an electric spiderman guitar*

Then, I wake up. Because we don't eat at a table in my household. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Judge: "I must be susscuesed from this case due to a conflict of interest".
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-12-2024, 03:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Let us know how the test drive on that goes. Smile

I’m kinda partial to “succused”.  As in, when Baalke finally goes because he “succ’d” then was “excused”.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(02-12-2024, 12:24 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-11-2024, 11:53 PM)Haterade Wrote: Taylor Swift 13+ Sightings

would you rather Clark Hunt or Donna Kelce sightings?
or how about any of the other myriad celebrities that overpaid for tickets (we all know they got em comped) to say they were part of the crowd?

Not like she was stealing camera time from some make-a-wish kids or anything.

I'm personally burnt out on it all. 

I don't even blame Taylor as she's just living life. It's the idiot entertainment media and the NFL highlighting everything she does. Kelce almost knocking Reid over while screaming at him on the sideline is on Entertainment Tonight's YT channel. I'm just tired of her/him/them showing up everywhere the media can make money off of them. I guess that's just how it is in this day and age.

Kelce better hope this romance lasts until he dies of old age. Hell hath no fury like rabid Swifty fans who would likely burn his effigy in front of his house for breaking her heart. Even if it was a friendly breakup and they remained pals.

So only quarterbacks that lost in college are good?   Laughing Laughing Laughing
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]