Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Did anyone here vote for Ross Perot in 1992?

Just curious...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wasn't even alive.  Confusedweat:

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2014, 07:24 PM by Kotite.)

I did. I liked the idea of someone with business sense managing our budget even if he was a little weird and had shortcomings in other areas. I really also liked the idea of a third option (still do). It was the first time I was eligible to vote.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I did. I liked the idea of someone with business sense managing our budget even if he was a little weird and had shortcomings in other areas. I really also liked the idea of a third option (still do). It was the first time I was eligible to vote.

Bill Clinton thanks you for your vote! :thumbsup:

:woot:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I did. I liked the idea of someone with business sense managing our budget even if he was a little weird and had shortcomings in other areas. I really also liked the idea of a third option (still do). It was the first time I was eligible to vote.
So, you voted for Romney in 2012?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2014, 07:29 PM by The Mad Dog.)

At one time prior to the election - July '92 to be exact.....Perot was actually leading the polls, with 39% of the vote, with 31% for Bush and then 25% for Clinton, but slick Willie ultimately wound up finagling his way to the win in November. Perot ultimately finished 3rd with about 19% of the vote. 

Quote:Bill Clinton thanks you for your vote! :thumbsup:

Bingo.

Perot had a lot of good ideas.  The thing was, he wasn't running for the office because he wanted to be president.  He ran because he couldn't stand Bush, and he was intent on servicing a grudge.  The guy was certifiable. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:So, you voted for Romney in 2012?

I couldn't bring myself to vote for a guy who thought strapping a dog in a crate to the roof of his car was an acceptable idea.

Quote:Bill Clinton thanks you for your vote! :thumbsup:

He got it the second time.

Quote:He got it the second time.

lol.....shocker. 

Quote:lol.....shocker.

Option B was SO appealing.

Bush/Quayle. Clinton, like all Ds lately, got a massive back lash after two years because America remembered that they don't really like Democrat policies, just Democrat celebrities.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

That surplus Clinton created is sounding pretty good around now.  Where exactly did that go again?

Quote:That surplus Clinton created is sounding pretty good around now.  Where exactly did that go again?

It got erased when they flipped over the Etch a Sketch!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:That surplus Clinton created is sounding pretty good around now. Where exactly did that go again?

9/11 happened followed by a nice depression, Bush cut taxes (actually a good thing) while starting two wars without a means to pay for them. The IT bubble bursting didn't help either.

No, but in retrospect maybe I should have.

I understood and knew he was right about the GIANT SUCKING SOUND, but he was too rough around the edges everywhere else and didn't seem like he'd make a good statesman. That said if he'd have won and actually did what he said he wanted to do I don't doubt the country would be economically more stable and stronger today.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014, 10:55 AM by Kotite.)

Our reaction to 9/11 still infuriates me.  That so many went along so willingly is the scary part.  9/11 was carried out by Saudis and people from Yemen trained by Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, yet we try to colonize Iraq.  You wanna talk about waste, look at the billion dollar embassy we built in Baghdad, by far our most expensive, which could be overrun if ISIS keeps on their pace.  To speak out against that war meant you were "unpatriotic."  I hate that we sent soldiers to fight that farce of a war.

Quote:Just curious...

I almost did.   I was very enthusiastic when he first started out, because he was talking about the most important thing that none of the other candidates wanted to address- the health of our government finances.   The deficit!!!!! 

But then he got more and more weird and I just....   couldn't do it.   

He was a classic one-issue candidate.  He was clueless on every other issue. 

I wasn't old enough.  But I was Ross Perot in our class debates in 2nd grade.  And my parents supported him.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:At one time prior to the election - July '92 to be exact.....Perot was actually leading the polls, with 39% of the vote, with 31% for Bush and then 25% for Clinton, but slick Willie ultimately wound up finagling his way to the win in November. Perot ultimated finished 3rd with about 19% of the vote. 
Bush was a weak candidate who thought he could win based on nothing more than riding once again on the coattails of Reagan.  He ran a lousy campaign, and got trounced.  Perot bled votes from the republicans because, despite being nuts, his businessman approach made sense to a lot of Americans.  The whole "tinkering under the hood" approach appealed to enough voters to fragment the vote.  The way the Clinton's love to triangulate, it wouldn't shock me at all to discover that their machine was behind Perot running in the first place.