Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rg3

How's that trade working out? Bust

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

To be fair, he's thrown for 300+ yards in each game, completed more than 60% of his passes in each game, and has thrown more TDs than INTs.

I haven't actually watched much of his play, but based on stats and the brief amount that I actually have watched, I'd say he isn't the problem.

Their defense is ranked last in the NFL, so the bulk of your problem lies there, but he's lost a little bit of step I beleive and that's why he won't tuck the ball as often, putting a lot more pressure on Alfred Morris and leaving the run game ineffective.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

He's not fully recovered from his knee injury. It's only been what, 8 or 9 months since he had the surgery? Not everyone is Adrian Peterson.

He probably won't regain his explosiveness until the end of this season or even next season, after he can ditch that knee brace.

At least he's learning to become a pocket passer, so when he regains his explosiveness, he can be an even better dual threat.

lol calling a running qb who tore his acl with no preseason a bust when his defense sucks so bad. judge him after game 5

Quote:How's that trade working out? Bust
Dude is the next Gabbert am I right?

Quote:How's that trade working out? Bust
Why?  Did St. Louis made the playoff with the plethora picks from the trade? What is St. Louis record right now?

Even with all the 'Skins problems right now, I'm willing to bet RG3 -- 100% healthy or not -- will still have a better season than Sam Bradford.

A lot of his yardage is garbage time. I've followed him the last 2 weeks cuz I've played against him in 2 fantasy leagues and hes been stinking it up until late in games when they're down multiple scores already. Still love him as a player though. Definitely not a bust.

Dude is definitely not 100% , that's for sure. He's getting better each week though.

He's struggling coming off the injury and the whole team is struggling along with him. He's not anything close to a bust by week 3 of year two. Misused? I would argue yes, he's being misused in that offense.

Being that the St. Louis Rams have the Redskins 1st Round pick in the 2014 Draft,     the Rams still have a great opportunity to continue to build their roster.       If the Redskins don't turn things around,   the Rams will have a tremendous amount of draft currency.     

Quote:He's not fully recovered from his knee injury. It's only been what, 8 or 9 months since he had the surgery? Not everyone is Adrian Peterson.

He probably won't regain his explosiveness until the end of this season or even next season, after he can ditch that knee brace.

At least he's learning to become a pocket passer, so when he regains his explosiveness, he can be an even better dual threat.

Great point about RGIII becoming more of a pocket passer.      In the long run,   this could potentially extent RGIII's career for many seasons.     RGIII has the tools to be a high caliber pocket passer when used in that role.    

What jumped out to me when watching the Lions-Redskins game yesterday from the standpoint of RGIII is he was throwing the ball well when he had a relatively clean pocket.      At this point in RGIII's recovery though,   he's not throwing the ball as well,    including accuracy,    when having to improvise because of a pass rush.    

All things considered,    I give RGIII credit for how far he's come in his rehab.      Your correct about Adrian Peterson being the exception,  not the norm.   Even with Peterson,  his best running last season was in the 2nd half of the season.  

Quote:Their defense is ranked last in the NFL, so the bulk of your problem lies there, but he's lost a little bit of step I beleive and that's why he won't tuck the ball as often, putting a lot more pressure on Alfred Morris and leaving the run game ineffective.

Amazingly,  the Washington Redskins gave up more yards on Defense through 3 games than any team has in the first 3 games in NFL history!      Part of the problem is there have been parts of games the Redskins Defense was on the field far too long.     However,   their problems on Defense are much deeper than that.   

At times yesterday,   the Redskins got their running game going.    But it was never at the point that it was consistently taking over the game.      If RGIII can get back more of his explosiveness,   that should help open up more rushing opportunities for Alfred Morris and their other RB's.  

Its pretty clear that After Morris was the recipient of RG3's presence in the Redskins' offense. Without Griffin's explosiveness, Afred Morris' production and effectiveness is just like any other RB in the league.

Also, that dropped TD pass in the 4th qr was HUGE. I thought that was the game right there.

Watching Griffin turn a pass loose is cringe-worthy. The guy just won't step into his throws and I don't think that it's his fault. His knee was torn up and it needs time to heal. I just hope that Shanahan doesn't ruin another good player by grinding him out through excessive playing time.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Yeah like already stated most of his yardage is garbage time. Look up his stats after the first half of the opener vs philly... Atrocious lol.
Clownin' for Clowney 2013!

I think his health is going to be a constant issue, shame really a fan of the kid but his style won't last long in the NFL.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

out of all the option qbs, hes the best pocket qb.

I blame Adrian Peterson