Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Maybe the Chiefs aren't sooo bad after all

Shocking...

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013, 09:56 PM by Haterade.)

And maybe Joeckel still has hope

Joeckel has plenty of hope and the Chiefs are not a bad football team.

Quote:Joeckel has plenty of hope and the Chiefs are not a bad football team.
Joeckel false start = automatic bust

Quote:Joeckel false start = automatic bust
He's going to have a hard time in Seattle.

lane Johnson had gotten worked

[Image: giphy.gif]

Eric Fisher doesnt look good at all. Don't know what made them take him instead of Joeckel. I wanted us to draft Star bad but I think we got the best end tackle.

23 points for the Chiefs D in fantasy..think I know who I'm rolling with the rest of the way.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

Quote:Eric Fisher doesnt look good at all. Don't know what made them take him instead of Joeckel. I wanted us to draft Star bad but I think we got the best end tackle.

There's no question Eric Fisher struggled for much of the first 3 QTR's.    To Fisher's credit,   he looked like a top draft pick in the 4th QTR when the Chiefs controlled the ball the vast majority of the Quarter.   

On the other hand,   it looked like Lane Johnson was overmatched in this game.    

A common theme in the games I've seen in the early part of the season is rookie growing pains are occurring with many players taken in the top 2 Rounds of the draft.     That isn't surprising.

Quote:23 points for the Chiefs D in fantasy..think I know who I'm rolling with the rest of the way.
got me 34 points, yeah sticking with them for sure

The Chiefs were such a fluke last year. They had 5 Pro Bowlers... on a 2-14 team.

They pretty much have the same defense as last year, but a new and better QB. Goes to show...

It was obvious.

I know the kids around here wanted to pin the blame for the KC game on Gabbert and spread the blame around for the Oakland loss deflecting it off of Henne, but KC is a good team and a REALLY good defense.

They held Dallas and Philly WAAAAAAAAAAAAY down off of their normal production.

I believe that if Henne had played in that KC game it's likely we would have lost by 40.

Quote:It was obvious.

I know the kids around here wanted to pin the blame for the KC game on Gabbert and spread the blame around for the Oakland loss deflecting it off of Henne, but KC is a good team and a REALLY good defense.

They held Dallas and Philly WAAAAAAAAAAAAY down off of their normal production.

I believe that if Henne had played in that KC game it's likely we would have lost by 40.
Dude, Gabbert looked not-NFL-caliber bad.  We are in all likelihood drafting his replacement after this year.  KC defense is stellar this year, but our offense was disgusting.  And Henne is just as bad.

Quote:I know the kids around here wanted to pin the blame for the KC game on Gabbert and spread the blame around for the Oakland loss deflecting it off of Henne, but KC is a good team and a REALLY good defense.

funny because all the apologist were saying it was everyone but Gabberts fault, he played a HoF game that sunday

and most everyone said henne sucked last week 

Quote:The Chiefs were such a fluke last year. They had 5 Pro Bowlers... on a 2-14 team.

They pretty much have the same defense as last year, but a new and better QB. Goes to show...

Don't expect that to be so easy for us regardless of the QB.  Like you said, they had a fluke year with a team full of Pro Bowlers ready to bounce back.  We're a long year way (minimum) from being close to being in that position.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:funny because all the apologist were saying it was everyone but Gabberts fault, he played a HoF game that sunday

and most everyone said henne sucked last week 
Gabbert's biggest flaw in week 1 was that he couldn't overcome the mass of disarray around him.

Neither could Henne, but Henne played a MUCH weaker team. That the Jaguars had scored a single field goal and passed for less than 100 yards with minutes left in the Oakland game is really telling. The team is bad, really bad, and Gabbert couldn't overcome KC, but I'm willing to wait and see more from him. KC is a good team.

Henne's complete inability to overcome a much lesser team in Oakland is much more concerning.

Henne had a golden opportunity to make himself look good against a much weaker opponent, much the way he had that same opportunity last year in the second half of the season against the weak part of the schedule.

He's always failed to do so, which is why it has puzzled me to see people call for him to start.

They've certainly exposed that Chip Kelly "feast or famine" offense.

When it's not working, it's downright anemic and can't handle switching to smash mouth mode when it has to.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Alex Smith is still bad.

Quote:The Chiefs were such a fluke last year. They had 5 Pro Bowlers... on a 2-14 team.

Plus they had some key injuries too...

Getting those players back health to go with what's already there and it was a no-brainer they were going to be better once the got Smith at QB... he does not turn the ball over very much and that was one big improvement from last year too...
[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Quote:Gabbert's biggest flaw in week 1 was that he couldn't overcome the mass of disarray around him.

Neither could Henne, but Henne played a MUCH weaker team. That the Jaguars had scored a single field goal and passed for less than 100 yards with minutes left in the Oakland game is really telling. The team is bad, really bad, and Gabbert couldn't overcome KC, but I'm willing to wait and see more from him. KC is a good team.

Henne's complete inability to overcome a much lesser team in Oakland is much more concerning.

Henne had a golden opportunity to make himself look good against a much weaker opponent, much the way he had that same opportunity last year in the second half of the season against the weak part of the schedule.

He's always failed to do so, which is why it has puzzled me to see people call for him to start.

Neither of them played well, at all. I don't care who the opponent was Gabbert looked lost from the get go and never recovered. The pressure was a problem but for whatever the reason the kid can't avoid the rush to save his life. I'm confident neither QB will be here this time next year.