Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Start 'me Sit 'em Week 3

Here is a list of players to start and sit for week three. I used a few sites to gather this and averaged it out. Some names are not on here are either because I feel they are week in week out starts like A. Rodgers, P. Manning, Brees, ADP, Calvin... Those guys, you know who they are. So here's the list of players you may have and wonder if you should start them.

Quarterbacks Start:

RGIII, Stafford, Romo, Luck, Newton

Quarterbacks Sit:

Roethlisberger, Manuel. ( not sure why you'd think about starting those guys anyway.

Keep an eye out for P. Rivers. Available in most leagues could stash him away or possibly even start for injuries, byes, or match ups.

RB's Start:

Bush/Bell ( watch injury reports start whichever gets the nod this week) Moreno, Gore. Again, start your stud RBs first.

RBs to SIt:

MJD, Wilson, S. Jackson(out for a few weeks), McFadden, Rice, Starks.

look for B. Pierce on waivers, J. Rodgers possibly too. May not want to start either flex at best. Watch injury report.

WRs Start:

Boldin, Bowe, Wallace.

WRs Sit:

Shorts, R. White, M. Williams

If your in a bind and need WRs look for Eddie Royal and Deandre Hopkins on waivers.

TEs Start:

Olsen, Gonzalez, Daniels, and Cameron( may still be on waivers in some leagues.

TEs Sit:

Rudolph, F. Davis, Fleener.

Def Start:

Broncos, Seattle, Patriots

Def Sit:

Bengals, Rams

This may not be the most complete list. Hope it helps some. I don't claim to be a fantasy genius. I get them wrong a lot. But my teams do pretty well. If you want to add any players to the list please throw in your thoughts as well. Keep in mind I didn't list the obvious starters.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

In both leagues I am in, I have no choice but to start the Rams Defense. It's either them or the Ravens.

Quote:In both leagues I am in, I have no choice but to start the Rams Defense. It's either them or the Ravens.

Do you have a weak player you can drop for a better defense this week? Bills may not be a bad pickup tis week.

Another option, not really recommended would be pull your defense. There's been one game I had that I lost a game by one pint and my defense got negative points.

RB 2 and a Flex (W/R/T)

Available: Moreno, Starks, Snelling (My RB is weak now), Wes Welker and Cecil Shorts

I was thinking Moreno as RB2. Starks if Lacy doesn't play, maybe?

Welker as flex.

Quote:RB 2 and a Flex (W/R/T)

Available: Moreno, Starks, Snelling (My RB is weak now), Wes Welker and Cecil Shorts

I was thinking Moreno as RB2. Starks if Lacy doesn't play, maybe?

Welker as flex.
Your on the right track. I have Moreno starting in a couple leagues where I'm weak at rb. He definitely seems like the man in Denver right now. Especially if Denver gets way ahead. I'd pick up Starks too. He may not get the numbers this week that he did last week. Lacy could be out another week. Definitely keep an eye on that. Snelling will split with Jaquiz Rodgers so I'd stay away. Welker should be good. Only downside is they have so many weapons and playing Oakland. I'd stay away from shorts too. Is Eddie Royal available?

At jeepjag, another option for flex if available still, would be J. Cameron TE browns. Just to throw more options at you. If I give enough decent options it is now up to you to pick the wrong guy and it won't be my fault. Smile

Start- Seattle Defense

I dropped Rams D for the Bills.  Jets 29th against D's this year so you should get decent points from your D which is what you want.  About as safe of a play for a D as there is this week.  

BTW, I have the fortunate opportunity to face Seattle's D...  

Which WR would you guys start week 3 

DeAndre Hopkins   or    Torrey Smith  ? 

Quote:Which WR would you guys start week 3 

That's a good one there. I would go with Torrey smith. Deandre Hopkins could be a very good wr this year, especially now when Andre Johnson not 100%. But, since he is still new to the league I would shy away from him until he shows he is for sure the real deal. Not to mention if it wasnt for overtime hopkins wouldnt have had as good f a game as he did last week. Smith you know is going to get the looks being the number one in Baltimore. This is truly a hard decision. If it were me I'd give the edge to Torrey Smith. I also like to look at my opponent when setting my lineups. You may either find out you need to shoot for the moon, or play it safe and "keep" the win.

Need some quick opinions.

Kaepernick vs Indy or newton vs giants?

Three rbs Richardson foster and bush which needs to sit?

Also Jordan Cameron Reggie Wayne and Steve Johnson? Need two.

Thanks ahead.
Crab Cakes and Football! That's what Jacksonville does!

Quote:Need some quick opinions.

Thanks ahead.
Not sure which Richardson, I assume you mean Trent not Daryl. Trent was just traded to Indy. I would go foster and bush. Then Cameron and Wayne. Once Trent gets established in Indy see how his numbers stack up then.

Oh forgot QB. I like newton this week over kaep.

Quote:Not sure which Richardson, I assume you mean Trent not Daryl. Trent was just traded to Indy. I would go foster and bush. Then Cameron and Wayne. Once Trent gets established in Indy see how his numbers stack up then.

Oh forgot QB. I like newton this week over kaep.

Thanks. I'm pretty stacked at wide out with aj green and demaryius Thomas as well. I was leaning toward newton this week too. And I did mean Trent.
Crab Cakes and Football! That's what Jacksonville does!

Quote:Thanks. I'm pretty stacked at wide out with aj green and demaryius Thomas as well. I was leaning toward newton this week too. And I did mean Trent.

If by chance J. bell is still on waivers in your league I would pick him up. I'm actually starting him over bush since bush always seems a play away from getting injured. But they both have been doing well so bush should be ok this week.

Quote:Which WR would you guys start week 3 

I'd wait to hear more on Andre Johnson. It sounds like he will play Sunday and if that's the case, I'd go Torrey Smith.

Quote:Need some quick opinions.

Thanks ahead.

Kap

Bush is banged up and might not play so that's risky. Trent in a new system against San Fran doesn't look good either though. Would probably wait to hear some practice reports about Bush before starting him.

Reggie and Cameron. I don't trust Hoyer but, I don't feel confident in EJ going against a Jets D with extra time to prepare. Cromartie will most likely shadow Stevie also.

Need some advice w/ my flex option, Currently I have Joe flacco, but I'm looking to drop him for Phillip rivers or Sam Bradford. Which of the two should I go with?

Quote:Need some advice w/ my flex option, Currently I have Joe flacco, but I'm looking to drop him for Phillip rivers or Sam Bradford. Which of the two should I go with?

I'm kinda partial to rivers at he moment.

Quote:Your on the right track. I have Moreno starting in a couple leagues where I'm weak at rb. He definitely seems like the man in Denver right now. Especially if Denver gets way ahead. I'd pick up Starks too. He may not get the numbers this week that he did last week. Lacy could be out another week. Definitely keep an eye on that. Snelling will split with Jaquiz Rodgers so I'd stay away. Welker should be good. Only downside is they have so many weapons and playing Oakland. I'd stay away from shorts too. Is Eddie Royal available?
Yes, I actually snagged Royal off the waiver wire yesterday. Him over Welker?

Quote:Yes, I actually snagged Royal off the waiver wire yesterday. Him over Welker?

Well it is really hard for me telling you to start Royal over Welker. So, I will give you the pros on each and you can decide. Eddie Royal is currently the number one wr. He is pretty much the oly option out in San Diego. He has I think 5 touchdowns in two games so far. I picked him up in a bunch of leagues. Starting him where I am weak and benching him to see if the trend continues where im not. Wes Welker is Wes Welker. We all know how good he is. Only thing I don't like about him is that Denver just has so many options you don't know who will get the yardage and tds. It could be all their receivers along with Tomas. Or it could be lopsided. Both qbs are hot right now. Obviously manning is the better one. If I was looking for the safe route I would go Welker this week. Hold on to Royal. If he pans out you could have two solid WRs each week or a great flex option.

This one is emotional for me. I'm in a points per yards league.

MJD vs. SEA or Fred Jackson vs. NYJ?

@OnGuardJax