Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL To More Than Double Prices of NO Super Bowl For NY

That's freaking crazy. The true fans of the game are being priced out. At the rate things are going, the average fan will be priced out of a single game regular season ticket.

And the NFL doesn't care.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...--nfl.html

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Someday soon the games we see on TV will ALL be pay per view. They've already taken several games a year and put them on pay TV, the only thing left is either the NFL Network takes it all over or they move to a single game PPV system.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Joe Fan has been priced out of the Super Bowl for a long time already.  Doubling it will probably cause many corporate sponsors to reconsider the number of tickets they'll snap up.   

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Someday soon the games we see on TV will ALL be pay per view. They've already taken several games a year and put them on pay TV, the only thing left is either the NFL Network takes it all over or they move to a single game PPV system.

If it ever goes PPV, that will be the beginning of the end for its peak popularity. Once you start limiting your potential viewers, you are cutting your nose to spite your face. 

Its funny how the greedy ones won't be able to see past their own gluttony though. 

Quote:If it ever goes PPV, that will be the beginning of the end for its peak popularity. Once you start limiting your potential viewers, you are cutting your nose to spite your face. 

Its funny how the greedy ones won't be able to see past their own gluttony though.

I love football...but I would never buy a PPV to watch it!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Well, they limited the viewers when they went to MNF on ESPN and now ThNF on NFLn and that doesn't seem to be going away.

If they go to a $2.99 per game paradigm where the 2 teams playing split 80% of the take (50H/30A/20% to the league) and they can still sell the in-game advertising then there's no way they'll be able to resist.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Well, they limited the viewers when they went to MNF on ESPN and now ThNF on NFLn and that doesn't seem to be going away.

If they go to a $2.99 per game paradigm where the 2 teams playing split 80% of the take (50H/30A/20% to the league) and they can still sell the in-game advertising then there's no way they'll be able to resist.

That's just because most people have cable or satellite...

I wonder what the rating differences are for the MNF and the TNF games..
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I really doubt they will ever go to actual PPV, at least for regular season games.  I could see them doing it for the playoffs/Super Bowl.  I think it would be a stupid idea because I would only pay for it if it were my team.

I don't see PPV exclusively from ever happening. The NFL has an exemption from the Fair Labor Standards Act allowing them to restrict employees from moving betweent the 32 separate business entities in exchange for showing their games "to the masses for free" according to the agreement reached with Congress way back when.

In the latest lockout/strike in 2011 the NFL and NFLPA stood firm in their positions on the CBA until it looked like Congress was stepping in to the mix then the NFL bowed to the pressure. The NFL owners DO NOT want Congress to get involved in their business. If they go PPV you can be certain the constituents in the Congressional Districts will be all over their Congressmen to stop this rip off.

They have a golden goose and will not jeopardize it's health.

Regards....................the Chiefjag