Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 NFL combine thread

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 08:58 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

This is the next thing we have which comes before FA.  Who do yall think will surprise some people and who do yall think will disappoint?  Who do yall really want to see.  I think Hutch, Neal, and Dotson kill it. The player that I want to see most at the combine is McBride.  I love McBride game at TE, as I don't think there is really a TE in the league like him.  I'm curious to see how athletic he is.  Drake London is another guy I really want to see.

I really want to see Neal as well and see how he moves for his size. I think his stock could rise after the combine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-18-2022, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is the next thing we have which comes before FA.  Who do yall think will surprise some people and who do yall think will disappoint?  Who do yall really want to see.  I think Hutch, Neal, and Dotson kill it. The player that I want to see most at the combine is McBride.  I love McBride game at TE, as I don't think there is really a TE in the league like him.  I'm curious to see how athletic he is.  Drake London is another guy I really want to see.

I really want to see Neal as well and see how he moves for his size.  I think his stock could rise after the combine

If Neal nails the combine I imagine every mock will pin him to us, and doubt the team goes in any other direction, like it or not.

I generally don't pay much attention to the combine. It can help to shape the picture you get of a player, but I hope our front office isn't making draft selections based on bench press reps or standing vertical leaps.

I wanna see Pickens, D Pierce, Salyer and Dean form Ga as well along with Kinnard

(02-18-2022, 10:02 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is the next thing we have which comes before FA.  Who do yall think will surprise some people and who do yall think will disappoint?  Who do yall really want to see.  I think Hutch, Neal, and Dotson kill it. The player that I want to see most at the combine is McBride.  I love McBride game at TE, as I don't think there is really a TE in the league like him.  I'm curious to see how athletic he is.  Drake London is another guy I really want to see.

I really want to see Neal as well and see how he moves for his size.  I think his stock could rise after the combine

If Neal nails the combine I imagine every mock will pin him to us, and doubt the team goes in any other direction, like it or not.

I generally don't pay much attention to the combine. It can help to shape the picture you get of a player, but I hope our front office isn't making draft selections based on bench press reps or standing vertical leaps.

I don't care how Neal moves. I've seen enough of him last season to know what he is and I'm taking a hard pass. I don't care if he runs a 4.5/40. That wouldn't translate to what I saw on the field. 

I really want to see the receivers. I know which ones I really like and as long as they don't run ridiculously slow, my board shouldn't drastically change. It'll be really interesting to see what guys like Drake London and David Bell run.

I think Burks will dissapoint at WR. I think Justyn Ross and Dontario Drummond will surprise at WR. I also think it's possible Dotson tests off the charts at WR and potentially cements himself as the top WR in this class.

I think Jake Ferguson and Jelani Woods are going to surprise at TE. I could see them elevating their stock by turning from early RD picks in RD5 to potentially mid to late RD3 picks or early RD4 picks.

I think Luke Goedeke is going to show off some really good footwork, good snap and quickness and he's going to be in the discussion as a top three guy at RT. I really like that kid. Coming from a zone heavy run scheme he's a legitimate prospect to watch in RD3.

Brandon Smith at OLB and Nik Bonitto at DE are probably going to turn some heads as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Hutch is going to kill it in the drills that don't matter for EDGE and disappoint in the ones that do, and no one will matter because omg look at his 40 yard time and his bench press.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 05:01 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-18-2022, 12:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think Burks will dissapoint at WR. I think Justyn Ross and Dontario Drummond will surprise at WR. I also think it's possible Dotson tests off the charts at WR and potentially cements himself as the top WR in this class.

I think Jake Ferguson and Jelani Woods are going to surprise at TE. I could see them elevating their stock by turning from early RD picks in RD5 to potentially mid to late RD3 picks or early RD4 picks.

I think Luke Goedeke is going to show off some really good footwork, good snap and quickness and he's going to be in the discussion as a top three guy at RT. I really like that kid. Coming from a zone heavy run scheme he's a legitimate prospect to watch in RD3.

Brandon Smith at OLB and Nik Bonitto at DE are probably going to turn some heads as well.

Agreed. 

Smith is a pure 4-3 OLB like Myles Jack and those guys just don't go that high. I'm thinking Smith goes in round 3 and Bonitto gets selected as a 3-4 OLB in that 3rd or possibly late 2nd round area.

(02-18-2022, 01:15 PM)Upper Wrote: Hutch is going to kill it in the drills that don't matter for EDGE and disappoint in the ones that do, and no one will matter because omg look at his 40 yard time and his bench press.

I don't care about his 40 time. I wanna see his 10 yard split. OLB's rarely run 40 yards.

(02-18-2022, 12:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think Burks will dissapoint at WR. I think Justyn Ross and Dontario Drummond will surprise at WR. I also think it's possible Dotson tests off the charts at WR and potentially cements himself as the top WR in this class.

If burks shows good hands he should test off the charts almost everywhere else

(02-18-2022, 06:37 PM)baggnsaggnbarry Wrote:

If burks shows good hands he should test off the charts almost everywhere else

I think his weigh in and 40 time are going to make or break him. He's reportedly a 4.5 guy at the moment at 6'3 225. If he [BLEEP] around and shows up at the combine over 230 and he runs a 4.6? He's going to more than likely fall into the middle of RD2. If he shows up a little bit lighter and clocks a 4.4? He'll probably be in the RD1 conversation. I think he's probably going to end up somewhere in between all of that. 

He's an interesting prospect. I think in the NFL he could be a poor man's Larry Fitzgerald at his best or a Plaxico Burress at his worst. Which, in all honesty? Would probably be better than anything Jacksonville has had here in years. So, not sure what to make of him. Would I take him with the 33rd overall pick? Mehhhhh. Depends. Really, really depends. If Dotson is off the board on the opening night of the draft but Burks and McBride are there at 33? Mannnn.... that's a tough one for me potentially depending on how free agency shakes out.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Burks and Dotson are no brainers at 33.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 08:06 PM by Upper.)

(02-18-2022, 05:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't care about his 40 time. I wanna see his 10 yard split. OLB's rarely run 40 yards.

That's precisely my point. You would think that 10 yard split would matter, but surprisingly the analysts say there is no real corrolation between 10 yard split and EDGE success either.

Really it's like 90% 3 cone, vertical, and broad jumps...with length/mass being a small factor.

(02-18-2022, 08:06 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 05:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't care about his 40 time. I wanna see his 10 yard split. OLB's rarely run 40 yards.

That's precisely my point. You would think that 10 yard split would matter, but surprisingly the analysts say there is no real corrolation between 10 yard split and EDGE success either.

Really it's like 90% 3 cone, vertical, and broad jumps...with length/mass being a small factor.
What's your "goldilocks zone" numbers wise that you're looking for with Hutchinson or Thibodeaux in those drills that makes you feel confident or comfortable with them at the NFL level?

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 09:03 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-18-2022, 07:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Burks and Dotson are no brainers at 33.

I would take Dotson, David Bell and Tre McBride over Burks at #33.

(02-18-2022, 08:06 PM)Upper Wrote:

Imo, 10 yard split is the gold standard for DE/OLB's and always will be. They are consistently running approximately 10 yards to get to the QB. I wanna see nothing higher than a 1.68/10 yard split. I was looking at the Combine times of all of the top OLB's in the NFL and it seems that Joey Bosa had the slowest time at 1.68/10.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 11:11 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-18-2022, 08:32 PM)Caldrac Wrote: What's your "goldilocks zone" numbers wise that you're looking for with Hutchinson or Thibodeaux in those drills that makes you feel confident or comfortable with them at the NFL level?

Jumps are heavily mass based so it depends on the person. There are a lot of people who track weight adjusted jump percentages though so we'll see them.

7.2 seconds is typically viewed as the threshold for a good enough 3 cone at EDGE. I think Justis reverse engineered the Packers and Ravens and they were under 7.4. Under 7 is great, and what I expect Thibs to do. I would guess Hutch is in the 7.3-7.4 range.

I also think we need to consider that this is the #1 pick, not just some average threshold kind of thing. I want my #1 pick to be destroying thresholds.

Sigh, now unnecessary covid restrictions are threatening to cancel the testing portions of the combine.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1495566152575107072

(02-20-2022, 09:31 PM)Upper Wrote: Sigh, now unnecessary covid restrictions are threatening to cancel the testing portions of the combine.

Well, this certainly sucks!

Stock rise to where? He's projected to go number 1 overall in like 80% of mocks.

(02-21-2022, 05:14 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

Stock rise to where? He's projected to go number 1 overall in like 80% of mocks.
In real life on teams boards, not mocks

(02-20-2022, 09:31 PM)Upper Wrote: Sigh, now unnecessary covid restrictions are threatening to cancel the testing portions of the combine.

Good, there should be no bubble.  [BLEEP] stupid

The Combine may hinder some aspects of scouting but it can be made up for with college pro day's and private workouts.

Might see some guys just focus on the 40 and the vertical stuff at skill positions and the bigger guys on the line may just focus on bench and lateral drills.