Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which Player
Aidan Hutchinson
Evan Neal
Someone Else
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Who should the Jags draft at number one?

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2022, 03:23 PM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

I have always been an advocate for the Jags building a solid O-Line. But I have to say, passing on Aidan Hutchinson seems like a big, HUGE mistake. Can we find quality O-Line men in the later rounds or the Jags hell bent on drafting Evan Neal?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hutchinson. It’s not even close. Neal will be a starter for sure. But Hutch has star potential.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I will let you know after I see Hutch's 3 cone.

(03-04-2022, 04:19 PM)Upper Wrote: I will let you know after I see Hutch's 3 cone.

I don't care about his 40 or how high he can jump or even how many reps he can do on the bench press. I care about his short area quickness.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2022, 04:39 PM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmmkfk4obL8
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(03-04-2022, 04:35 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 04:19 PM)Upper Wrote: I will let you know after I see Hutch's 3 cone.

I don't care about his 40 or how high he can jump or even how many reps he can do on the bench press. I care about his short area quickness.

I care very much about the jumps. They are the best indicator of how much burst an EDGE has. All I need for a pass rusher are his 3 cone first and foremost, and then the jumps.

Couldn't care less about the 40, 10 yard split, bench press.

I just have a sinking feeling that, that SCUMBAG Baalke will screw the draft up...

Waiting to see what that group does tomorrow on defense. If they draft Neal he needs to start at LT and Little needs to compete with him for LT and the loser of that battle goes to RT and moves Taylor off the starting line up and onto the trading block. If that's the direction they're leaning towards after the combine.

Baalke needs to tag Chark and be done with it. In this case you don't keep nor tag Robinson. That money can be allocated towards another skill position. Just [BLEEP] hate the idea of this team investing a 2nd RD pick last year in Little at LT to play RT in year two already followed by drafting Neal to play LT who is said to probably be a better fit at RT on a Tristan Wirfs level.

Just a frustrating year to have the top pick.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-04-2022, 06:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Just a frustrating year to have the top pick.

I'm obviously still skeptical that he will, but I'd love if Huch just runs like a 6.89 3 cone and we can put everything to bed and take him.

(03-04-2022, 04:38 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 04:35 PM)Dimson Wrote: I don't care about his 40 or how high he can jump or even how many reps he can do on the bench press. I care about his short area quickness.

I care very much about the jumps. They are the best indicator of how much burst an EDGE has. All I need for a pass rusher are his 3 cone first and foremost, and then the jumps.

I would think a broad jump would show more than how high you can jump.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-04-2022, 08:06 PM)Dimson Wrote: I would think a broad jump would show more than how high you can jump.

I think they're basically the same as proxies for quick twich and explosive traits.

(03-04-2022, 08:06 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 04:38 PM)Upper Wrote: I care very much about the jumps. They are the best indicator of how much burst an EDGE has. All I need for a pass rusher are his 3 cone first and foremost, and then the jumps.

I would think a broad jump would show more than how high you can jump.

Both the jumps (broad and vert) show how explosive somebody is, both are good to look at. If a prospect jumps high/far, you can pretty much assure they're going to run the 40 really fast as well, if you care about that.

For me:
1a. Thibs
1b. Neal

2. Hutch

Happy with any of the 3 really, preferably a trade back of some sort though

(03-04-2022, 06:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Just a frustrating year to have the top pick.

Imo... any year you have the top pick is frustrating. Even getting Trevor... I dunno it just sucks to be the worst team in the league.

(03-04-2022, 11:04 PM)Kane Wrote:

Imo... any year you have the top pick is frustrating. Even getting Trevor... I dunno it just sucks to be the worst team in the league.

We're always one of the worst. Always........

(03-05-2022, 04:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 11:04 PM)Kane Wrote: Imo... any year you have the top pick is frustrating. Even getting Trevor... I dunno it just sucks to be the worst team in the league.

We're always one of the worst. Always........

I think that's about to change for us.  I really do.  If Pederson's is the dominant voice in the room, even if he does not have official final say, we are about to become a respectable franchise and a perennial playoff contender.  The course of this off-season will tell us a lot about it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2022, 11:06 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

I like Pederson. I really hope he ends up being like Andy Reid or Mike Tomlin for us and this team is primed to be in the play-off hunt yearly from here on out.

His overall approach and philosophy to the game on offense seems to also be very QB friendly, and, to an extent? Salary Cap friendly. He seems to spread the football around evenly between the RB, WR and TE position.

He'll favor the TE position in most scenarios because that's the benefit of a good RPO system with a RB by committee approach. This will potentially favor the team in the long run decision making wise in the personnel department. You'll be able to lock down Lawrence and then just sprinkle in a free agent or two here and there or draft the right player at the right time to give you a solid three year window.

You don't have to worry about shelling out DeAndre Hopkins money at WR, George Kittle money at TE or Derrick Henry money at RB because his offense calls for a good balance across the board. I actually like this approach. When you start to favor one player offensively and you end up losing said player? It shows on the football field because your fundamentals and philosophy begins to falter heavily.

Hopkins missing in that play-off game exposed Murray heavily. Henry missing most of the year and playing in that play-off game against the Bengals showed he had a lot of rust to shake off still and it exposed Tannehill. I think Pederson will ultimately overcome Baalke.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-05-2022, 10:19 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-05-2022, 04:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We're always one of the worst. Always........

I think that's about to change for us.  I really do.  If Pederson's is the dominant voice in the room, even if he does not have official final say, we are about to become a respectable franchise and a perennial playoff contender.  The course of this off-season will tell us a lot about it.

I just don't see Khan or Baalke allowing that to happen. Both of them have fought so hard to keep Baalke in power that I just don't believe they would allow anyone else to have more power than him, especially after the Urban Meyer debacle. Maybe that is just my cynicism talking, but given what has happened lately, can you blame me?

I love this board. We never stay on point in a thread. Don't get me wrong tho, I like it. Back to the OP. Hutch at #1 unless a team wants to trade for that pick. If we stay in the top ten then even better.. More draft capital is always a good thing.

(03-05-2022, 02:07 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: I love this board. We never stay on point in a thread. Don't get me wrong tho, I like it. Back to the OP. Hutch at #1 unless a team wants to trade for that pick. If we stay in the top ten then even better.. More draft capital is always a good thing.

Agreed. Should know in about three and half hours hopefully with what Hutchinson and Thibodeaux post at the combine. Hopefully both of them put up ridiculous numbers. 

4.6 on the 40's
6.5 on the 3 cone's
36+ verticals
20+ on the bench

Then it will just come down to the interview process, scheme fit and maybe seeing if the consistency is better between the two if they both perform at their pro day's.