Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Free Agency Mock Draft - First Run

Now that the free agency market has a solid week behind it. Time to start trying to get a feel for what the team might do next month during the draft. After the below additions:

Christian Kirk, Zay Jones  WR
Evan Engram  TE
Cam Robinson and Tyler Shatley retained at LT & C
Brandon Scherff G
Foley Fatukasi  DT
Foye Oluokun LB
Tre Herndon retained at CB
Darious Williams  CB

So, two receivers added, a LT and C retained with the addition of a top notch G. The bolstering of the interior of the defense at ILB and DT. A solid addition made at CB. This leaves the team in a number of unique positions to add quality players to raise the level of quality up on the depth while adding more key contributors at glaring positions of need. 

So, here's my first run at it (Using the PFF simulator with Drafttek's and NFL Draft Buzz's big board positional rankings and my own personal opinions).

RD1:1 Aidan Hutchinson DE  Michigan
RD2:33 Trey McBride  TE  Colorado State
RD3:60 - Jalen Tolbert - WR - South Alabama
RD3:70 - Jamaree Salyer - G - Georgia
RD4:106 - Luke Goedeke - T - Central Michigan 
RD5:157 - Sterling Weatherford - S - Miami (OH)
RD6:180 - Chigoziem Okonkwo - TE - Maryland
RD6:188 - Hassan Haskins - RB - Michigan
RD6:197 - Danny Gray - WR - SMU
RD6:198 - Jeremiah Moon - LB - Florida
RD7:222 - Doug Kramer - C - Illinois
RD7:235 - Cameron Dicker - K - Texas

Next version I'll try to incorporate some trades or use a completely different website. Felt like overall I got some pretty good value and athleticism at some positions that still seem to need it on this current roster. Guys like Weatherford, Okonkwo, Gray & Moon offer some versatility and have unique speed/size for their respective positions. Kramer and Dicker in RD7 are probably camp fodder but with Linder's future up in the air I felt like we need to try something there late just incase and Dicker has a pretty good leg to push Wright this summer. 

Salyer and Goedeke offer immediate competition to the right side of the offensive line. Especially with Taylor. Sayler can also play G or T during his rookie year. Tolbert has some good size to him. I don't know if he can play X receiver but I think he has some good ability for his size that can allow some one-on-one, jump ball opportunities. Hutchinson and McBride were no brainers for me personally. Haskins is a good pick at RB given the recoveries with Etienne and Robinson.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 09:53 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I like it but Dicker in the 7th? Wright had a better FG% and a couple kicks that were longer than Dickers 50 yarder career long.

That's a solid draft though, I like it

Not going to lie I can't think of a much worse outcome than McBride/Tolbert with 33 and 65.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 10:23 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-20-2022, 10:15 AM)Upper Wrote: Not going to lie I can't think of a much worse outcome than McBride/Tolbert with 33 and 65.

I can think of a bunch of worse outcomes than that

It's hard to grade these things because you don't know who was available at these picks

(03-20-2022, 09:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I like it but Dicker in the 7th?  Wright had a better FG% and a couple kicks that were longer than Dickers 50 yarder career long.

That's a solid draft though, I like it

Dicker has a career long of 57 yards he hit back in 2019.

My dream top 5 picks right now are:
1. Aidan Hutchinson
33. Lewis Cine
65. Alec Pierce
70. Brian Asamoah
106. Zach Tom

(03-20-2022, 09:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Now that the free agency market has a solid week behind it. Time to start trying to get a feel for what the team might do next month during the draft. After the below additions:

Christian Kirk, Zay Jones  WR
Evan Engram  TE
Cam Robinson and Tyler Shatley retained at LT & C
Brandon Scherff G
Foley Fatukasi  DT
Foye Oluokun LB
Tre Herndon retained at CB
Darious Williams  CB

So, two receivers added, a LT and C retained with the addition of a top notch G. The bolstering of the interior of the defense at ILB and DT. A solid addition made at CB. This leaves the team in a number of unique positions to add quality players to raise the level of quality up on the depth while adding more key contributors at glaring positions of need. 

So, here's my first run at it (Using the PFF simulator with Drafttek's and NFL Draft Buzz's big board positional rankings and my own personal opinions).

Next version I'll try to incorporate some trades or use a completely different website. Felt like overall I got some pretty good value and athleticism at some positions that still seem to need it on this current roster. Guys like Weatherford, Okonkwo, Gray & Moon offer some versatility and have unique speed/size for their respective positions. Kramer and Dicker in RD7 are probably camp fodder but with Linder's future up in the air I felt like we need to try something there late just incase and Dicker has a pretty good leg to push Wright this summer. 

Salyer and Goedeke offer immediate competition to the right side of the offensive line. Especially with Taylor. Sayler can also play G or T during his rookie year. Tolbert has some good size to him. I don't know if he can play X receiver but I think he has some good ability for his size that can allow some one-on-one, jump ball opportunities. Hutchinson and McBride were no brainers for me personally. Haskins is a good pick at RB given the recoveries with Etienne and Robinson.

I could live with that draft. I really like the picks of Hutchinson, McBride and Salyer. I personally, don't see Salyer lasting that long, but I would love to get him. He's my 2nd rated OG behind Ikem Ekwonu. I also think Tolbert and Gray have a lot of upside as well. I'd like to target a Center a lot sooner though. Kramer is one of the Center prospects I would pass on. I'm not a fan of his at all and I don't even think Moon gets drafted, but otherwise I don't mind this one at all.

(03-20-2022, 10:37 AM)Upper Wrote: My dream top 5 picks right now are:
1. Aidan Hutchinson
33. Lewis Cine
65. Alec Pierce
70. Brian Asamoah
106. Zach Tom

I'd like 

1. Aiden Hutchinson, DE/OLB, Michigan
33. Jamaree Salyer, OG/OT, Georgia
65. Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia
70. Damone Clark, ILB, LSU
106. Zach Tom, C/OT, Wake Forest
157. Tyquan Thornton, WR, Baylor
180. Dai'Jean Dixon, WR, Nicholls State
188. Josh Paschal, DE, Kentucky
198. Cordell Volson, OT, NDSU
199. Kevin Austin Jr., WR, Notre Dame
223. Smoke Monday, S, Auburn
236. Chauncey Manac, OLB, Louisiana

(03-20-2022, 10:49 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
1. Aidan Hutchinson
33. Lewis Cine
65. Alec Pierce
70. Brian Asamoah
106. Zach Tom

I'd like 

I like Salyer but there are just too many good IOL that I think will go on day 3 to take Salyer. A secondary with our 3 good corners and Cisco/Cine at safety is just drool worthy. Wouldn't be upset if Salyer was the pick though, I just wouldn't do it quite that early.

I did go back and forth between Asamoah and Dulcich or Woods. I think Dulcich will be gone and Jelani is a slow burn he just isn't going to have the impact Asamoah will have for the first few years.

(03-20-2022, 10:53 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 10:49 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd like 

I like Salyer but there are just too many good IOL that I think will go on day 3 to take Salyer. A secondary with our 3 good corners and Cisco/Cine at safety is just drool worthy. Wouldn't be upset if Salyer was the pick though, I just wouldn't do it quite that early.

I did go back and forth between Asamoah and Dulcich or Woods. I think Dulcich will be gone and Jelani is a slow burn he just isn't going to have the impact Asamoah will have for the first few years.

I just don't see this team taking a Safety early after drafting Cisco last season and paying Jenkins what they did. 

Asamoah reminds me of Myles Jack. I think he is a pure 4-3 OLB. I just don't think he has the frame or instincts to play 3-4 ILB in the NFL, but I think he could be an effective 4-3 WLB.

IMO, Woods is the best blocker/pass catching combo TE in this draft. He may not break loose for long passes like Tre McBride or Isaiah Likely, but he'll consistently keep the chains moving.

(03-20-2022, 11:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I just don't see this team taking a Safety early after drafting Cisco last season and paying Jenkins what they did. 

Asamoah reminds me of Myles Jack. I think he is a pure 4-3 OLB. I just don't think he has the frame or instincts to play 3-4 ILB in the NFL, but I think he could be an effective 4-3 WLB.

IMO, Woods is the best blocker/pass catching combo TE in this draft. He may not break loose for long passes like Tre McBride or Isaiah Likely, but he'll consistently keep the chains moving.

They are going to have to cut Jenkins next year to make room for all of the huge 2nd year escalations from this FA class. Getting Cine in now so they will have an experienced group for next year sounds perfect to me. Plus, Cine is just so damn good.

3-4 WLB and 3-4 ILBs are basically the same. They need to cover a lot of space and be good in pass coverage. Jack's problem wasn't his frame it was his brain. I think Asamoah and Oluokun would be great together.

I agree Woods could be the best dual threat TE in this class, but he's still very raw since he changed positions...and TE is already a slow burn position to begin with. I like him a ton for the future, but it wouldn't surprised me if it was like year 3/4 before he is an impactful player. Don't think we have the luxury to wait for that when we have so many needs and there will be so many other good players available at 65 and 70.

(03-20-2022, 11:08 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 11:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I just don't see this team taking a Safety early after drafting Cisco last season and paying Jenkins what they did. 

They are going to have to cut Jenkins next year to make room for all of the huge 2nd year escalations from this FA class. Getting Cine in now so they will have an experienced group for next year sounds perfect to me. Plus, Cine is just so damn good.

3-4 WLB and 3-4 ILBs are basically the same. They need to cover a lot of space and be good in pass coverage. Jack's problem wasn't his frame it was his brain. I think Asamoah and Oluokun would be great together.

I agree Woods could be the best dual threat TE in this class, but he's still very raw since he changed positions...and TE is already a slow burn position to begin with. I like him a ton for the future, but it wouldn't surprised me if it was like year 3/4 before he is an impactful player. Don't think we have the luxury to wait for that when we have so many needs and there will be so many other good players available at 65 and 70.

I agree. I like Cine a lot. I just think Safety is one of those non-premium positions that can be put off for another year. If it were up to me, our starting Safeties for this year would be Cisco and Ford. I liked the small sample size I saw of both guys. Both are so much better than Jenkins. 

I'd be satisfied with Woods playing behind Arnold and Engram this season. I don't think it will take him that long to make an impact. I think if you give him 2 years you'll see him start to make an impact like T.J. Hockenson.

1. Aidan Hutchinson
33. Lewis Cine
65. Alec Pierce
70. Brian Asamoah
106. Zach Tom

Gross

I like Cine as well but I just can't see him being the best player at 33 amd I'm all for drafting a Safety. Cine a 33 is a but early for me.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 12:31 PM by Upper.)

If you think Cine at 33 is too early then you don't like Cine lol. He's in the first round in plenty of mocks and people have been saying there is a not big but not small portion of front office people that think Cine is the best safety in this class, even over Hamilton.

(03-20-2022, 11:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 11:08 AM)Upper Wrote: They are going to have to cut Jenkins next year to make room for all of the huge 2nd year escalations from this FA class. Getting Cine in now so they will have an experienced group for next year sounds perfect to me. Plus, Cine is just so damn good.

I agree. I like Cine a lot. I just think Safety is one of those non-premium positions that can be put off for another year.

Safety is not a top tier position, but it's not a bottom tier position like left guard either. Don't get how you can say no to Cine baed on position importance and then stump for Salyer who plays a significantly less important position.

(03-20-2022, 12:30 PM)Upper Wrote: If you think Cine at 33 is too early then you don't like Cine lol. He's in the first round in plenty of mocks and people have been saying there is a not big but not small portion of front office people that think Cine is the best safety in this class, even over Hamilton.

(03-20-2022, 11:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I agree. I like Cine a lot. I just think Safety is one of those non-premium positions that can be put off for another year.

Safety is not a top tier position, but it's not a bottom tier position like left guard either. Don't get how you can say no to Cine baed on position importance and then stump for Salyer who plays a significantly less important position.

I really don't care what the mocks say or what your twitter people say.  They have almost always been wrong with the guys they wanted.  Teddy, Beasley, OJ Howard, Andre Dillard etc.  You can like Cine and just not think he will be the best player at 33.  It will be interesting to see if he goes before Hill.

(03-20-2022, 12:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I really don't care what the mocks say or what your twitter people say.  They have almost always been wrong with the guys they wanted.  Teddy, Beasley, OJ Howard, Andre Dillard etc.  You can like Cine and just not think he will be the best player at 33.  It will be interesting to see if he goes before Hill.

"Almost always wrong"

*cherry picks 4 players over the course of like 8 years all of which had major injuries*

Yep, almost always good call.

(03-20-2022, 12:58 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 12:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I really don't care what the mocks say or what your twitter people say.  They have almost always been wrong with the guys they wanted.  Teddy, Beasley, OJ Howard, Andre Dillard etc.  You can like Cine and just not think he will be the best player at 33.  It will be interesting to see if he goes before Hill.

"Almost always wrong"

*cherry picks 4 players over the course of like 8 years all of which had major injuries*

Yep, almost always good call.
Sounds like excuses.  Maybe Joeckel and Fowler just weren't good because they had major injuries their rookie year

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 03:01 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dream draft for me

1. Hutch
2. Watson
3. McBride
3. Chenal, Anderson, Harris, or Muma. I'm still tying to figure out how to rank all these LBs but I love this LB class in the mid 2nd to early 3rd area of the draft

(03-20-2022, 09:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: ...

I wish to subscribe to this newsletter.