Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mock Draft

Video  (This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 10:48 AM by Jagulars. Edited 1 time in total.)

With 12 picks going into the 2022 draft, I see this team making at least one move up somewhere. For this mock, I will leave all 12 picks where they are. 

Round 1, Pick 1: DE/OLB Aidan Hutchinson

Last year, the Jaguars selected Trevor Lawrence to be their future star on the offensive side of the ball. This year, with the 2nd consecutive number 1 over pick, time to shift to the defensive side of the ball. In 2019, he was slowly forming into what he would be in his 2021 season. He missed almost all of 2020 with a season-ending injury. He would have had maybe an 8-9 sack season if he had played 2020. He comes with explosiveness, non-stop motor, and very good hand placement at the point of attack with power. His Bowl game concerns me none. He will make a great compliment to Josh Allen.

Round 2, Pick 33: OT Bernhard Raimann

Raimann is very raw. But, watching some of his game, he seems to be a quick learner and a very technical player with good balance and hand placement at the point of attack. He will have his early struggles, but should adapt quickly. I see the Jaguars taking a shot at him and having him compete with Taylor for starting RT. He played TE for 2 years and you could see him be an eligible receiver near the goal line if Doug wants to have a little fun there. 

Round 3, Pick 65: DE/OLB Cameron Thomas

You can never have enough pass rushers. Thomas plays with power and a good selection of pass rush moves. He can be used in rotational situations with a possibility to eventually start. He doesn't seem to be able to play 100% for a full game as some reports have said his stamina could be the issue there.

Round 3, Pick 70: WR Justyn Ross

Name might be familiar. His rookie season was dominant. He made Alabama look silly in the Bowl game. And his QB at the time? None other than Trevor Lawrence himself. He fell through after a scare with his health and a slow return the following season. He has great hands and good route running skills. He will give Trevor familiarity. This will be a true Baalke pick here.

Round 4, Pick 102 C Dohnovan West
Round 5, Pick 155 OG Thayer Munford
Round 6, Pick 179 S Brad Hawkins
Round 6, Pick 187 ILB Jesse Luketa
Round 6, Pick 197 DT Kalia Davis
Round 6, Pick 198 TE Andrew Ogletree
Round 7, Pick 219 OT Matt Waletzko
Round 7, Pick 232 RB Trestan Ebner

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 11:20 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

Justyn Ross came up big time in the BCS Championship Game vs Bama a few years ago.  Unfortunately, he then got injured and used last year to recover and play again.  If he ever gets back into his pre-injured condition, he could be a top 5 WR in the NFL.

Ebner (RB Baylor) --- I've been screaming for the Jags to get a pass catching scat back (like Darren Sproles) for 10 years now.

I like the Ross pick. Seems like a good gamble