Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My Top 5-10 Players at each Defensive Position

Edge Rushers

1. Aiden Hutchinson, Michigan (3-4 or 4-3)
2. Travon Walker, Georgia (4-3)
3. Jermaine Johnson, Florida State (3-4 or 4-3)
4. Sam Williams, Mississippi (3-4 or 4-3)
5. Kayvon Thobodeaux, Oregon (3-4 or 4-3)
6. Boye Mafe, Minnesota (3-4 or 4-3)
7. Nik Bonitto, Oklahoma (3-4)
8. Arnold Ebiketie, Penn State (4-3)
9. David Ojabo, Michigan (3-4 or 4-3)
10a. George Karlaftis, Purdue (4-3)
10b. Ali Fayad, Western Michigan (3-4)

I put in parenthesis which defensive schemes I saw each player fitting the best in. On a standpoint of pure talent, Thibodeaux should be probably ranked #2, but things he has said in interviews have really rubbed me the wrong way. I feel as though he's a "me first" kind of player that could eventually lead to issues in the locker room and with the front office of teams. We had that kind of player with Jalen Ramsey and it didn't end well for us. Overall, this is an extremely talented group of rushers, but imo, Hutchinson is the standout talent. 

ILB

1. Devin Lloyd, Utah (3-4 or 4-3)
2. Troy Andersen, Montana State (3-4 or 4-3)
3. Chad Muma, Wyoming (3-4 or 4-3)
4. Nakobe Dean, Georgia (4-3)
5. Christian Harris, Alabama (3-4 or 4-3)
6. Mike Rose, Iowa State (3-4)
7. Diego [BLEEP], Navy (3-4 or 4-3)
8. Quay Walker, Georgia (3-4 or 4-3)
9. Leo Chenal, Wisconsin (3-4)
10. D'Marco Jackson, Appalachian State (3-4 or 4-3)

I put in parenthesis which schemes I thought each guy would work best in. If he was healthy, Damone Clark would've easily been in my top 3. After having spinal fusion surgery though, I have doubts that he will ever return to being the player he once was. It's a shame. He had tons of talent and would've fit any scheme. IMO, there is a huge dropoff after the first 5 guys on the list. 

4-3 OLB

1. James Houston, Jackson State
2. Brian Asamoah, Oklahoma
3. Terrell Bernard, Baylor
4. Brandon Smith, Penn State
5. Darren Beavers, Cincinnati
6. Kyron Johnson, Kansas
7. JoJo Domann, Nebraska
8. Nephi Sewell, Utah
9. Ellis Brooks, Penn State
10. Zakoby McClain, Auburn

James Houston might be the most underrated player in this entire draft. He wreaked havoc in the Shrine Bowl and looked completely un-blockable. He was super athletic at his Pro Day, but is way undersized to be a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE. If a team could find a way to use him as a pass rushing 4-3 OLB, this guy could be a defensive star. 

NT

1. Jordan Davis, Georgia
2. Devonte Wyatt, Georgia
3. Travis Jones, UConn. 
4. Phidarian Mathis, Alabama
5. Eyioma Uwazurike, Iowa State
6. John Ridgeway, Arkansas
7. Otito Ogbonnia, UCLA
8. Dion Novil, North Texas
9. Neil Farrell, LSU
10. Marquan Miller, Kentucky

The top of this class may be the most athletic group of Nose Tackles I have ever seen. Normally with Nose tackles, you just get "space eaters," but these guys show the speed and athleticism to actually be pass rushers as well, if allowed the opportunity. This is a very good class and pretty deep as well. 

DT

1. Perrion Winfrey, Oklahoma
2. DeMarvin Leal, Texas A&M
3. Matthew Butler, Tennessee
4. Haskell Garrett, Ohio State
5. P.J. Mustipher, Penn State
6. Demetrius Taylor, Appalachian State
7. Curtis Brooks, Cincinnati
8. Chris Hinton, Michigan
9. Derrick Tangelo, Penn State
10. C.J. Wright, Georgia Southern

Winfrey and Leal are the true standout guys in this class. Butler is a tad underrated and Garrett is a solid pass rusher from the inside, but struggles against the run. All in all, it's a pretty mixed bag. 

3-4 DE

1. Travon Walker, Georgia
2. Perrion Winfrey, Oklahoma
3. Devonte Wyatt, Georgia
4. George Karlaftis, Purdue
5. DeMarvin Leal, Texas A&M
6. Matthew Butler, Tennessee
7. Haskell Garrett, Ohio State
8. Josh Paschal, Kentucky
9. Demetrius Taylor, Appalachian State
10. Curtis Brooks, Cincinnati

This is a very impressive group of big pass rushers. Walker and Winfrey are the cream of the crop, but a player like Wyatt who is a better fit at NT, could also be an effective 3-4 DE, given his explosive athleticism. Karlaftis may need to add a bit of weight, but I could see him being a dominant 3-4 DE, given how stout he is against the run. 

CB

1. Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner, Cincinnati
2. Derek Stingley Jr., LSU
3. Coby Bryant, Cincinnati
4. Trent McDuffie, Washington
5. Andrew Booth, Clemson
6. Kyler Gordon, Washington
7. Tariq Woolen, UTSA
8. Kaiir Elam, Florida
9. Roger McCreary, Auburn
10. Tariq Castro-Fields, Penn State

This is an extremely talented and deep group of cover corners, led by the best CB I've seen enter the draft since Jalen Ramsey. If Darrelle Revis and Stephon Gilmore had a baby, it would be Ahmad Gardner. This kid is pushing Aiden Hutchinson as being the best overall player in the draft. He's that good. I could easily see 9-10 CB's all being selected in the first 2 rounds of the draft.

Safety

1. Kyle Hamilton, Notre Dame
2. Lewis Cine, Georgia
3. Daxton Hill, Michigan
4. Jaquan Brisker, Penn State
5. Jalen Pitre, Baylor
6. Verone McKinley, Oregon
7. J.T. Woods, Baylor
8. Kerby Joseph, Illinois
9. Bryan Cook, Cincinnati
10. Nick Cross, Maryland

If you need a Safety, you better grab one early, because the talent level falls very, very sharply after the first 5 guys. Hamilton is far and way the best player from this group, but Cine, Hill and Brisker are extremely talented in their own right and Pitre is a really good player as well. After these 5, it's pretty hit or miss. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good stuff, OLine!  I really appreciate how you rank the players.  You almost always show us guys I have not looked into yet.  That's one of the great things about this board.  Always something new to learn and geek out about.   Big Grin
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Evan Neal, lol. People sleeping in him imo. Dude has the tools to be a great tackle or guard. Can't wait to see how he does

One guy I really missed on was Chamce Warmack. I thought dude was going to be great

(04-10-2022, 12:59 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Good stuff, OLine!  I really appreciate how you rank the players.  You almost always show us guys I have not looked into yet.  That's one of the great things about this board.  Always something new to learn and geek out about.   Big Grin

Thanks. I watch A LOT of college football. Some people might say way too much. LOL.

Your safety list is the list I agree with the most (probably cause it's the chalkiest). I really want one of Cine, Hill, Brisker, or Pitre.

(04-10-2022, 03:53 PM)Upper Wrote: Your safety list is the list I agree with the most (probably cause it's the chalkiest). I really want one of Cine, Hill, Brisker, or Pitre.

You're super high on this safety class compared to me.   I'd honestly take Moehrig over any safety in this class not named Hamilton.  I just can't see how any of those can be BPA at 33, just me.  I do think safety is a big need though

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 04:17 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

Moehrig was just good, solid player but not great anywhere, and then he came in less athletic than expected. He wasn't great in run support, he doesn't have great range, and he isn't great covering a TE or slot receiver. I liked him obviously, but I don't think he's a game breaker.

All 4 of these guys are way better athletes and more versatile. Cine can lay the wood and be a real SS and he is also crazy explosive playing deep safety. All 3 of Hill, Brisker, and Pitre have true safety and slot/nickel skills.

(04-10-2022, 04:13 PM)Upper Wrote: Moehrig was just good, solid player but not great anywhere, and then he came in less athletic than expected. He wasn't great in run support, he doesn't have great range, and he isn't great covering a TE or slot receiver. I liked him obviously, but I don't think he's a game breaker.

All 4 of these guys are way better athletes and more versatile. Cine can lay the wood and be a real SS and he is also crazy explosive playing deep safety. All 3 of Hill, Brisker, and Pitre have true safety and slot/nickel skills.
The only thing is this isn't a athletic competition, we are looking for the best football player not the best athlete.  I like all those Safeties I just can't see one being the BPA when we pick at 33, I guess we will just have to see how the draft falls

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 04:47 PM by Upper.)

(04-10-2022, 04:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 04:13 PM)Upper Wrote: Moehrig was just good, solid player but not great anywhere, and then he came in less athletic than expected. He wasn't great in run support, he doesn't have great range, and he isn't great covering a TE or slot receiver. I liked him obviously, but I don't think he's a game breaker.

The only thing is this isn't a athletic competition, we are looking for the best football player not the best athlete.  I like all those Safeties I just can't see one being the BPA when we pick at 33, I guess we will just have to see how the draft falls

Well it's a good thing that I said they were better athletes AND really good players.

I think Cine and Daxton are in the 20s and Brisker and Pitre are in the 30s if I did a personal big board.

(04-10-2022, 04:47 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 04:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The only thing is this isn't a athletic competition, we are looking for the best football player not the best athlete.  I like all those Safeties I just can't see one being the BPA when we pick at 33, I guess we will just have to see how the draft falls

Well it's a good thing that I said they were better athletes AND really good players.

I think Cine and Daxton are in the 20s and Brisker and Pitre are in the 30s if I did a personal big board.
Do it! Personal big board!

(04-10-2022, 05:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 04:47 PM)Upper Wrote: Well it's a good thing that I said they were better athletes AND really good players.

Do it! Personal big board!

I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old, I do not have a personal big board lol. By phrasing it like that I basically mean if I were in charge of making every pick for teams I do not think Cine or Daxton would make it to us and Brisker and Pitre would be right about BAP.

I wish we could find a way to get Davis from Georgia. Nose Tackle.

(04-14-2022, 07:23 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I wish we could find a way to get Davis from Georgia. Nose Tackle.

I doubt we do that, we just signed a NT for 10+ mil a year