Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stadium Renovation Talk 2023

(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 07:35 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

What?! No lazy river concourse encircling the field with strategically placed swim up tiki bars? Why bother renovating at all then?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 05:38 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

Having read the news reports about last night's presentation, it seems to me that this deal is completely reasonable.  The city pays their share by stretching out the Better Jacksonville Plan half cent sales tax from 2026 to 2030.  That half cent sales tax was due to expire in 2026.  By stretching out the half cent sales tax, the city would be able to pay in cash for BJP projects that they had planned to borrow money for.  That freed up borrowing capacity would then go toward funding the stadium.  

The Jaguars are responsible for any cost overruns. 

AND, it comes with a new 30 year lease. 

The only thing that I am wondering about is the mirrored roof, and whether that will cause a reflection that blinds drivers going over the Matthews Bridge.

(05-14-2024, 10:30 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: What?!  No lazy river concourse encircling the field with strategically placed swim up tiki bars?  Why bother renovating at all then?

They could at least construct a massive slide from the top of the 400 level that propels people onto the field at halftime.

(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 09:01 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(Yesterday, 08:26 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 10:30 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: What?!  No lazy river concourse encircling the field with strategically placed swim up tiki bars?  Why bother renovating at all then?

They could at least construct a massive slide from the top of the 400 level that propels people onto the field at halftime.

I know, right?  Give us something.  Stadium of the future my [BLEEP].

Lazy pee river…

(Yesterday, 09:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Lazy pee river…

[Image: giphy.gif]

It starts teal and turns gold as the game goes on.  It's a feature not a bug.

2026 would have Jags playing at home with limited attendance
2027 home games would be either Gainesville or Orlando
2028 new stadium - Jags back at home

(Yesterday, 11:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 2026 would have Jags playing at home with limited attendance
2027 home games would be either Gainesville or Orlando
2028 new stadium - Jags back at home

Jags 2027 AFC Champs confirmed.

FWIW - The Jags independent firm that ran the numbers to aid their case estimate the positive fiscal impact on the COJ over the time of the 30 year lease would be $26 billion.

If the reality is anywhere near that number , the 700-800 million investment achieved by extending the life of a .5 cent tax by 4 more year is a bargain. (the tax is not new - already implemented - it will simply expire 4 years later than plan if deal is approved)

Personally - I'd love to see the city agree to steer a portion of positive funding from the Jags remaining here toward education/public schools in order to smooth over concerns from the public.

I don't have a problem with the spending, but I'd like to see a long term commitment to Duval County Public Schools concerning the eventual profit off of this deal.

No Seat Licensing Fee. That's a good thing.

(Yesterday, 03:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: No Seat Licensing Fee.  That's a good thing.

I don't think the majority of fans would ever accept PSLs here.

(Yesterday, 11:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 2026 would have Jags playing at home with limited attendance

This has nothing to do with the Stadium Renovation but rather Baalke's decision to let Trevor walk and go with Mac Jones.

(Yesterday, 05:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Having read the news reports about last night's presentation, it seems to me that this deal is completely reasonable.  The city pays their share by stretching out the Better Jacksonville Plan half cent sales tax from 2026 to 2030.  That half cent sales tax was due to expire in 2026.  By stretching out the half cent sales tax, the city would be able to pay in cash for BJP projects that they had planned to borrow money for.  That freed up borrowing capacity would then go toward funding the stadium.  

The only thing that I am wondering about is the mirrored roof, and whether that will cause a reflection that blinds drivers going over the Matthews Bridge.

I don't think it can be mirrored. You have planes, ships, roads, fans standing around, etc. Unless they ensure the angle and reflection will not go into the sky or hit anything on land, and not focus the beam, they could be liable for causing accidents.

(Yesterday, 05:30 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(Yesterday, 05:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Having read the news reports about last night's presentation, it seems to me that this deal is completely reasonable.  The city pays their share by stretching out the Better Jacksonville Plan half cent sales tax from 2026 to 2030.  That half cent sales tax was due to expire in 2026.  By stretching out the half cent sales tax, the city would be able to pay in cash for BJP projects that they had planned to borrow money for.  That freed up borrowing capacity would then go toward funding the stadium.  

I don't think it can be mirrored. You have planes, ships, roads, fans standing around, etc. Unless they ensure the angle and reflection will not go into the sky or hit anything on land, and not focus the beam, they could be liable for causing accidents.

I was thinking the same thing. Diffused is a more accurate descriptor.

(Yesterday, 05:30 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

Yeah - tons of exterior coatings already in existence to achieve the desired effect that have had to pass safety measures addressing Marty's concern.

This is a bridge already crossed.

(Yesterday, 02:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: FWIW - The Jags independent firm that ran the numbers to aid their case estimate the positive fiscal impact on the COJ over the time of the 30 year lease would be $26 billion.

If the reality is anywhere near that number , the 700-800 million investment achieved by extending the life of a .5 cent tax by 4 more year is a bargain. (the tax is not new - already implemented - it will simply expire 4 years later than plan if deal is approved)

Personally - I'd love to see the city agree to steer a portion of positive funding from the Jags remaining here toward education/public schools in order to smooth over concerns from the public.

I don't have a problem with the spending, but I'd like to see a long term commitment to Duval County Public Schools concerning the eventual profit off of this deal.

Actually I believe our negotiators did well. I hate we lose the 2027 season but can live with it. I am interested to understand the impact on the Florida-Georgia game. It adds about #180-200,000 to our community. That is a cost. 

ps. The impact on the Police nd fire department retirement is over blown. They portion of the tax they were suppose to get will be delayed 4 years is all. Curiously by doing that it places the start date where it was originally...lol
A new broom always sweeps clean.