Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stadium Renovation Talk 2023

(04-09-2024, 10:03 AM)NFLfandom Wrote: I have always thought the Jaguars owner would prefer to move the team out of Jacksonville. Seems like years now they have been discussing the stadium issue with no movement or any plan in place. Perhaps by choice.

Let us not forget just how Mr. Khan acquired the Jaguars. Mr. Khan attended Jaguar home games for five years convincing the Weavers to sell him the team. Remember that Mr. Khan lived here in Jacksonville way before he became a business owner(s). I'll explain that history later if need be. Mr. Khan promised that the Jaguars would forever be in Jacksonville AND his family.

If Mr. Khan felt the urge to make a move he'd simply purchase some local land and build his own ? while keeping the Jaguars in place. He literally purchased an Canadian based 5* hotel franchise and is in the process of building one here in downtown Jacksonville as a part of the downtown revitalization of which was/is his vision.

I seriously doubt that the Jaguars will be uprooted.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-12-2024, 03:11 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 10:03 AM)NFLfandom Wrote: I have always thought the Jaguars owner would prefer to move the team out of Jacksonville. Seems like years now they have been discussing the stadium issue with no movement or any plan in place. Perhaps by choice.

Let us not forget just how Mr. Khan acquired the Jaguars. Mr. Khan attended Jaguar home games for five years convincing the Weavers to sell him the team. Remember that Mr. Khan lived here in Jacksonville way before he became a business owner(s). I'll explain that history later if need be. Mr. Khan promised that the Jaguars would forever be in Jacksonville AND his family.

If Mr. Khan felt the urge to make a move he'd simply purchase some local land and build his own ? while keeping the Jaguars in place. He literally purchased an Canadian based 5* hotel franchise and is in the process of building one here in downtown Jacksonville as a part of the downtown revitalization of which was/is his vision.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

All "Mr. Khan" has to do is commit more of his own money to the renovation project than he already has, and construction could begin tomorrow.

I for one hope they are able to stay in Jax. As you say: "Time Will Tell."

(04-12-2024, 05:59 AM)NFLfandom Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 03:11 AM)NH3 Wrote: Let us not forget just how Mr. Khan acquired the Jaguars. Mr. Khan attended Jaguar home games for five years convincing the Weavers to sell him the team. Remember that Mr. Khan lived here in Jacksonville way before he became a business owner(s). I'll explain that history later if need be. Mr. Khan promised that the Jaguars would forever be in Jacksonville AND his family.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

All "Mr. Khan" has to do is commit more of his own money to the renovation project than he already has, and construction could begin tomorrow.

Wrong.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-12-2024, 06:32 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 05:59 AM)NFLfandom Wrote: All "Mr. Khan" has to do is commit more of his own money to the renovation project than he already has, and construction could begin tomorrow.

Wrong.

Cool, let me know when a deal is in place for construction to begin. I don't care about anything else you type here.

(04-12-2024, 08:10 AM)NFLfandom Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 06:32 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Wrong.

Cool, let me know when a deal is in place for construction to begin. I don't care about anything else you type here.

Okay, we'll let you know.  And since you don't care about anything we type here other than that... bye.

Isn’t a poster who is banned or suspended not allowed to repost using another profile, according to the CoC?

What a kooky thing to try and troll on. Humans are some weird mother [BLEEP].
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(04-12-2024, 08:10 AM)NFLfandom Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 06:32 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Wrong.

I can't begin to tell you how distraught this makes me...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2024, 09:31 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-12-2024, 03:11 AM)NH3 Wrote:

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I am unable to find any proof online that Khan has ever lived here in Jax. He does seem to own 2 homes in Illinois and one Naples, Fla. My apologies if this is incorrect.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 03:31 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-14-2024, 09:30 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 03:11 AM)NH3 Wrote: Let us not forget just how Mr. Khan acquired the Jaguars. Mr. Khan attended Jaguar home games for five years convincing the Weavers to sell him the team. Remember that Mr. Khan lived here in Jacksonville way before he became a business owner(s). I'll explain that history later if need be. Mr. Khan promised that the Jaguars would forever be in Jacksonville AND his family.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I am unable to find any proof online that Khan has ever lived here in Jax. He does seem to own 2 homes in Illinois and one Naples, Fla. My apologies if this is incorrect.

From what I understand, he has or had a huge house on the St Johns river in Ortega, Miramar, or some other community like that.

(04-14-2024, 09:30 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Khan's first company was Bumper works. He eventually bought Flex-in-gate. There is a large Toyota facility here where he first got into the auto business. You probably will not find a house here under his name as it is most likely under a trust. No stalking him !!!  lol
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-16-2024, 03:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 09:30 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I am unable to find any proof online that Khan has ever lived here in Jax. He does seem to own 2 homes in Illinois and one Naples, Fla. My apologies if this is incorrect.

From what I understand, he has or had a huge house on the St Johns river in Ortega, Miramar, or some other community like that.

I don't think Shad Khan has ever had a house in Jacksonville.  Wayne Weaver lived in Jacksonville.

Who needs a house when you have a giant yacht you can anchor in the St. Johns?

Quicker commute to the stadium than any residence he could have in town.

(04-16-2024, 04:40 PM)Predator Wrote: Who needs a house when you have a giant yacht you can anchor in the St. Johns?

Quicker commute to the stadium than any residence he could have in town.

Actually at 317 feet it is a Super Yacht.  I believe he is selling it (Kismet) as a friend of his just got one a little bigger so he needs an upgrade

(04-16-2024, 04:33 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 03:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: From what I understand, he has or had a huge house on the St Johns river in Ortega, Miramar, or some other community like that.

I don't think Shad Khan has ever had a house in Jacksonville.  Wayne Weaver lived in Jacksonville.

If he owns one in Jax (and he likely does) it will be under another name or trust as suggested earlier. 
He's not stupid. 
A segment of our fanbase on the other hand... like, those that would show up at his gate...

He also owns multiple properties downtown that may contain a residence floor. 
His son leases an entire floor from a downtown hotel for a residence and offices. 
His private jet logs show pretty regular flights between the Naples executive strip and Craig airfield. 

And yes, Kismet II does get docked downtown on the regular as well. 
(he already sold Kismet a few years ago and had a bigger and better one built) 

Not to mention he's about to be the primary investor in bringing a four seasons hotel and marina to the riverfront a 1/4 mile from the stadium parking lot. 

I think we can safely put to bed the trolling attempts concerning his residences / intentions for the team and city development.

(04-17-2024, 07:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 04:33 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't think Shad Khan has ever had a house in Jacksonville.  Wayne Weaver lived in Jacksonville.

If he owns one in Jax (and he likely does) it will be under another name or trust as suggested earlier. 
He's not stupid. 
A segment of our fanbase on the other hand... like, those that would show up at his gate...

He also owns multiple properties downtown that may contain a residence floor. 
His son leases an entire floor from a downtown hotel for a residence and offices. 
His private jet logs show pretty regular flights between the Naples executive strip and Craig airfield. 

And yes, Kismet II does get docked downtown on the regular as well. 
(he already sold Kismet a few years ago and had a bigger and better one built) 

Not to mention he's about to be the primary investor in bringing a four seasons hotel and marina to the riverfront a 1/4 mile from the stadium parking lot. 

I think we can safely put to bed the trolling attempts concerning his residences / intentions for the team and city development.

Yeah if I were a betting man I would wager an entire floor of the Four seasons will be registered to the Kahn family.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-16-2024, 03:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: From what I understand, he has or had a huge house on the St Johns river in Ortega, Miramar, or some other community like that.

Oh [BLEEP] you are right.  Can't believe it's been 20 years since I used to cross the Buckman Bridge and was informed the Jags owner has a house on the river.  That was Wayne Weaver --- dang, I'm old !!!   Thanks a lot

Why would Khan need a house in Jacksonville when he can live on his yacht?.  Let's put it in perspective.  Wayne Weaver had a very nice $6 million house.  Khan has a $200 million yacht.

(04-20-2024, 08:17 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 04:33 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't think Shad Khan has ever had a house in Jacksonville.  Wayne Weaver lived in Jacksonville.

Why would Khan need a house in Jacksonville when he can live on his yacht?.  Let's put it in perspective.  Wayne Weaver had a very nice $6 million house.  Khan has a $200 million yacht.

What if he likes to cut grass or perhaps raise some farm animals.  The dude ain't Noah, he can't simply round up farm animals on his yacht  Smile

(04-24-2024, 09:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 08:17 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Why would Khan need a house in Jacksonville when he can live on his yacht?.  Let's put it in perspective.  Wayne Weaver had a very nice $6 million house.  Khan has a $200 million yacht.

What if he likes to cut grass or perhaps raise some farm animals.  The dude ain't Noah, he can't simply round up farm animals on his yacht  Smile

LOL, you guys think he is gonna tell you where he lives when in Jax?  Beside, after he builds his 5 star hotel near the stadium he will have his own floor.