Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stadium Renovation Talk 2023

I was worried a few years ago when Khan was trying to buy Wembley and it seemed just a matter of time but thos is great news. We all want the team in Jacksonville and the biggest problem has been the awful teams we've had that fans were fed up paying good money to see year after year

Here's to a long future in Jacksonville watching our multiple SB winning, future HOF QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-04-2023, 09:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The house that Trevor built.

The house that Pederson owns.

NH3...
"AZANE"

With shade, a 60K capacity and an extended stretch of winning, expect a looooong season ticket waiting list which is what they want and is a good thing. Wonder how this will play into the city's plan for the future of the Florida/Georgia game?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 08:14 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-06-2023, 08:01 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: With shade, a 60K capacity and an extended stretch of winning, expect a looooong season ticket waiting list which is what they want and is a good thing. Wonder how this will play into the city's plan for the future of the Florida/Georgia game?

I don't expect a long season ticket waiting list.  If you have a business, and you have more demand for your product than supply, your price isn't high enough.  If you raise your price until your supply and your demand are equal, you maximize your revenue.  And that's what they'll attempt to do.  A waiting list just means you're not charging enough.

(01-06-2023, 08:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 08:01 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: With shade, a 60K capacity and an extended stretch of winning, expect a looooong season ticket waiting list which is what they want and is a good thing. Wonder how this will play into the city's plan for the future of the Florida/Georgia game?

I don't expect a long season ticket waiting list.  If you have a business, and you have more demand for your product than supply, your price isn't high enough.  If you raise your price until your supply and your demand are equal, you maximize your revenue.  And that's what they'll attempt to do.  A waiting list just means you're not charging enough.

Many franchises with rightly sized stadiums relative to their market have waiting lists. Even the Jags had one coming off the 2007 season. The number of people who can afford them will exceed the available supply of tickets unless you charge so much that there's just a huge drop off and only a tiny percentage can buy them.

Having a waiting list is actually beneficial to the team because it decreases the sensitivity to price changes (within reason) and people are much more likely to keep their season tickets year over year.

(01-05-2023, 01:54 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 01:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Clothing Optional would be nice as it applies to our female fans who complain about the heat.

Not for most of them.  Absolutely not.

I was going to say..... LOL.

(01-06-2023, 08:26 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 08:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't expect a long season ticket waiting list.  If you have a business, and you have more demand for your product than supply, your price isn't high enough.  If you raise your price until your supply and your demand are equal, you maximize your revenue.  And that's what they'll attempt to do.  A waiting list just means you're not charging enough.

Many franchises with rightly sized stadiums relative to their market have waiting lists. Even the Jags had one coming off the 2007 season. The number of people who can afford them will exceed the available supply of tickets unless you charge so much that there's just a huge drop off and only a tiny percentage can buy them.

Having a waiting list is actually beneficial to the team because it decreases the sensitivity to price changes (within reason) and people are much more likely to keep their season tickets year over year.

Those are good points, too.  A team can take either approach.

(01-05-2023, 02:21 PM)carp8dm Wrote: The whole thing sounds fabulous.  But there should be concession made by Khan if the City is fronting the bill...  I don't understand why nobody is really looking at that point of it. 

1 Billion Dollars is just the start.  This city needs to be renovated big time.  This investment should just be the beginning.  But if we are going to invest in The Franchise, then the owner of The Franchise, should acknowledge certain obligations to the city...

Jacksonville has been a Bush League, podunk town for decades.  It's time to renovate more than just the stadium...  And this is the best time to invest in not only the stadium, but the entire downtown section of the city.  This is the best opportunity to actually bring Jacksonville out of the 1950s and into the 21st Century....

TIIC (the idiots in charge) of moving the city forward haven't budged in decades and they won't anytime soon. There is too much of the good old boy network still around for anything to happen. It is the South after all.

(01-06-2023, 08:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

A waiting list means there are more people who want tickets than what is available. I seem to recall there being a waiting list back in the mid aughts, around the 2007 year when we went deep into the postseason. My dad had just renewed his ST package the year before and was glad he did.

(01-06-2023, 09:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 08:26 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Many franchises with rightly sized stadiums relative to their market have waiting lists. Even the Jags had one coming off the 2007 season. The number of people who can afford them will exceed the available supply of tickets unless you charge so much that there's just a huge drop off and only a tiny percentage can buy them.

Those are good points, too.  A team can take either approach.
Very well stated. That makes sense to me.

(01-06-2023, 08:26 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 08:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't expect a long season ticket waiting list.  If you have a business, and you have more demand for your product than supply, your price isn't high enough.  If you raise your price until your supply and your demand are equal, you maximize your revenue.  And that's what they'll attempt to do.  A waiting list just means you're not charging enough.

I Concur to ALL of the above. As an long time Season Ticket holder, my pricing slightly increases because disgruntled fans (To Each their Own) choose not to attend the games and or support the home team. No complaints though because we all have a choice. I could even give up my season tickets while attending every home game and it'll be Much Cheaper but there's no fun in that.

Getting to the point of having an waiting list means that the Jaguars are being truly financially supported by their fans within the stadium. I purchase something every time I step foot inside our stadium. Every Time. Improved play on the field, revamped stadium, etc. is procedural steps w/respect to having/obtaining a waiting list.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(01-06-2023, 09:23 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 02:21 PM)carp8dm Wrote: The whole thing sounds fabulous.  But there should be concession made by Khan if the City is fronting the bill...  I don't understand why nobody is really looking at that point of it. 

1 Billion Dollars is just the start.  This city needs to be renovated big time.  This investment should just be the beginning.  But if we are going to invest in The Franchise, then the owner of The Franchise, should acknowledge certain obligations to the city...

Jacksonville has been a Bush League, podunk town for decades.  It's time to renovate more than just the stadium...  And this is the best time to invest in not only the stadium, but the entire downtown section of the city.  This is the best opportunity to actually bring Jacksonville out of the 1950s and into the 21st Century....

TIIC (the idiots in charge) of moving the city forward haven't budged in decades and they won't anytime soon. There is too much of the good old boy network still around for anything to happen. It is the South after all.

I just moved to the Jacksonville area 4 years ago.  It's hard to see how the area near the stadium is in such disrepair.  We're an NFL city, for crying out loud.  I just wish it wasn't so "good old boy" as you describe it.  After all, if the city begins to develop and look like an actual modern city, wouldn't the good old boys also prosper from all the advancement and investment into the city??

I honestly just don't get it...

(01-06-2023, 11:48 AM)carp8dm Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 09:23 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: TIIC (the idiots in charge) of moving the city forward haven't budged in decades and they won't anytime soon. There is too much of the good old boy network still around for anything to happen. It is the South after all.

I just moved to the Jacksonville area 4 years ago.  It's hard to see how the area near the stadium is in such disrepair.  We're an NFL city, for crying out loud.  I just wish it wasn't so "good old boy" as you describe it.  After all, if the city begins to develop and look like an actual modern city, wouldn't the good old boys also prosper from all the advancement and investment into the city??

It is slowly changing.

My money says, that area looks a lot different 8 years from now. 

Khan is spearheading 4 different downtown developments including the shipyards near the stadium. 

For decades there was a faction that prevented downtown development  - and their influence has faded in recent years. 
It will take time, but change is slowly getting a foothold downtown. 

I don't want to open up the full can of worms. It turns political too quickly and that stuff has its own forum for a reason. 
Let's just say the Jags, their ownership, and those partnering with them will be part of a catalyst for good things happening in Jax in the years to come.

(01-06-2023, 11:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 11:48 AM)carp8dm Wrote: I just moved to the Jacksonville area 4 years ago.  It's hard to see how the area near the stadium is in such disrepair.  We're an NFL city, for crying out loud.  I just wish it wasn't so "good old boy" as you describe it.  After all, if the city begins to develop and look like an actual modern city, wouldn't the good old boys also prosper from all the advancement and investment into the city??

It is slowly changing.

My money says, that area looks a lot different 8 years from now. 

Khan is spearheading 4 different downtown developments including the shipyards near the stadium. 

For decades there was a faction that prevented downtown development  - and their influence has faded in recent years. 
It will take time, but change is slowly getting a foothold downtown. 

I don't want to open up the full can of worms. It turns political too quickly and that stuff has its own forum for a reason. 
Let's just say the Jags, their ownership, and those partnering with them will be part of a catalyst for good things happening in Jax the years to come.

I really hope so!  This city has so much to offer.  It's crazy to think that 1 long haired blonde 22 year old kid can be the catalyst for progress.  Yet, I think that's what's happening.  1 Billion Dollars to fix the statdium and invest in the surrounding areas seems like a no brainer now.  Back when Foles was QB?  You'd get laughed out the room.

The fans cry out for pride in the county.  What other team ever reps their county??  It's time for the planners to reflect that same civic pride.  I'll leave it at that.  I'm sure, like you said, there are other forums where these discussions are more appropriate.

The Jags are Khan’s PR tool. Unfortunately, it has done nothing but equate Jacksonville with Loserville. That leaves a bitter taste in taxpayer’s mouths, especially when they travel and people laugh at our team.

Had Khan been able to get this team winning consistently after he bought it, the question of a new stadium would be how big and where do you want it.

(01-06-2023, 01:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The Jags are Khan’s PR tool. Unfortunately, it has done nothing but equate Jacksonville with Loserville. That leaves a bitter taste in taxpayer’s mouths, especially when they travel and people laugh at our team.

Had Khan been able to get this team winning consistently after he bought it, the question of a new stadium would be how big and where do you want it.

Winning solves a lot of problems for sure.

(04-07-2023, 09:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/WJCTNews/status/1643...62977?s=20

Nice!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-04-2023, 09:43 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Got er done. Just in time for a 25+ year lease extension.

Correct. The other owners have to approve the lease extension. (they actually vote) Without the stadium renovation there will be no extension.   That would put a lot of other alternatives into play.

Second the number of seats available is in the Fla-Ga contract.  That most likely will be a factor. I cannot see them accepting less. Sure would be a good excuse for that Georgia coach who is a home and home fan.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-08-2023, 03:15 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 09:43 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Got er done. Just in time for a 25+ year lease extension.

Correct. The other owners have to approve the lease extension. (they actually vote) Without the stadium renovation there will be no extension.   That would put a lot of other alternatives into play.

Second the number of seats available is in the Fla-Ga contract.  That most likely will be a factor. I cannot see them accepting less. Sure would be a good excuse for that Georgia coach who is a home and home fan.

The Florida/Georgia contract runs through this year with an option to extend it for 2 more years I believe. What happens after that is up in the air. Georgia has expressed a desire to end the game in Jacksonville so that could factor in the future renovation. It's possible that Georgia could move their home games to Athens and the Gators could still play in Jacksonville when it's their turn (if the price is right), but I'm not sure how that would look. Probably with a reduced capacity at TIAA compared to past Florida/Georgia games.