Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stadium Renovation Talk 2023

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2023, 06:24 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-08-2023, 05:25 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(04-08-2023, 03:15 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Correct. The other owners have to approve the lease extension. (they actually vote) Without the stadium renovation there will be no extension.   That would put a lot of other alternatives into play.

Second the number of seats available is in the Fla-Ga contract.  That most likely will be a factor. I cannot see them accepting less. Sure would be a good excuse for that Georgia coach who is a home and home fan.

The Florida/Georgia contract runs through this year with an option to extend it for 2 more years I believe. What happens after that is up in the air. Georgia has expressed a desire to end the game in Jacksonville so that could factor in the future renovation. It's possible that Georgia could move their home games to Athens and the Gators could still play in Jacksonville when it's their turn (if the price is right), but I'm not sure how that would look. Probably with a reduced capacity at TIAA compared to past Florida/Georgia games.

I believe you have it right. Currently Kirby is being over ridden in his preference to play Georgia's home games in Athens as the revenue is about half of what they get playing here. As long as that is the case and Jacksonville wants the game here I see no change actually coming. Yea, in the current NIL environment Georgia would plan on less revenue. So I am sure the final design will allow for expanded seating somehow. Kind of like Kahn and our London games ... LOL
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Too lazy to read this entire thread. Are we getting our lazy river? And how about water tubes that run from pool to pool?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Kind of surprised there been no talk of a state of the franchise or something similar where Khan proposes his renderings. Figured he would want to put something out there while we are riding the high of last season and before the next mayoral cycle.

(04-14-2023, 11:50 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Too lazy to read this entire thread.  Are we getting our lazy river?  And how about water tubes that run from pool to pool?

Take the section directly above the upper level of lower bowl and put a lazy river that just circumnavigates that entire stadium. Make it happen khan.

(04-14-2023, 04:45 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Kind of surprised there been no talk of a state of the franchise or something similar where Khan proposes his renderings. Figured he would want to put something out there while we are riding the high of last season and before the next mayoral cycle.

the SotF pressers are always in July

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2023, 09:30 AM by leopold332002. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-15-2023, 08:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-14-2023, 04:45 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Kind of surprised there been no talk of a state of the franchise or something similar where Khan proposes his renderings. Figured he would want to put something out there while we are riding the high of last season and before the next mayoral cycle.

the SotF pressers are always in July
 All due respect, that's not true because the state of franchise press conferences used to be in February.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-15-2023, 09:29 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-15-2023, 08:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: the SotF pressers are always in July
 All due respect, that's not true because the state of franchise press conferences used to be in February.

Thanks.
You are likely correct. 
Although I'm not seeing any listed in February in my search, I am seeing some that happened in April and May.

My mistake! 
NOT always in July.

(04-15-2023, 09:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-15-2023, 09:29 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:  All due respect, that's not true because the state of franchise press conferences used to be in February.

Thanks.
You are likely correct. 
Although I'm not seeing any listed in February in my search, I am seeing some that happened in April and May.

My mistake! 
NOT always in July.

Yup, your mistake but nobody's perfect so no reason to be upset.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Back-to-back games in London? 

One of these days when this team is consistently good and we have a better stadium we won’t need to play a home game overseas.

(04-14-2023, 11:50 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Too lazy to read this entire thread.  Are we getting our lazy river?  And how about water tubes that run from pool to pool?

You need to run for Mayor, dude.. 

Lazy River has my vote!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-28-2023, 04:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Back-to-back games in London? 

One of these days when this team is consistently good and we have a better stadium we won’t need to play a home game overseas.
One home game. One away game. Back to back weeks. That's an advantage for us and I'll take it if it means we get a higher seed and host more play off games.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(06-06-2023, 10:34 AM)Jagbuck Wrote: https://floridapolitics.com/archives/616...dium-cost/

I prefer the stop and start option over four years where the team stays in Jacksonville.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(06-06-2023, 10:34 AM)Jagbuck Wrote: https://floridapolitics.com/archives/616...dium-cost/

That's big news ^

Jaguars are ready to begin negotiations with the city to split costs fifty/fifty on the stadium reboot and an adjacent sports district costing an additional 500 + million dollars. 

Total cost to the CoJ will be between 800 million to 1.03 billion dollars. 

Jags are offering up a number of items to sweeten the pot, but at the end of the day it is a big cost for the City to keep the team,  while also radically changing the face of the downtown area where the Matthews and Hart Bridges land for the better. 

I'm excited to see the renderings of what they have planned, and I hope the city can find a way to get the public on board. 

A 2 year plan for the project would mean the team playing home games elsewhere, while a more pricey 4 year plan would allow the team to play in the stadium as work is done more gradually. 

Nothing decided on that front and it will likely be a hot button topic in the negotiations between the city and the team.

(06-06-2023, 10:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

That's big news ^

Jaguars are ready to begin negotiations with the city to split costs fifty/fifty on the stadium reboot and an adjacent sports district costing an additional 500 + million dollars. 

Jags are offering up a number of items to sweeten the pot, but at the end of the day it is a big cost for the City to keep the team,  while also radically changing the face of the downtown area where the Matthews and Hart Bridges land for the better. 

I'm excited to see the renderings of what they have planned, and I hope the city can find a way to get the public on board. 

A 2 year plan for the project would mean the team playing home games elsewhere, while a more pricey 4 year plan would allow the team to play in the stadium as work is done more gradually. 

Nothing decided on that front and it will likely be a hot button topic in the negotiations between the city and the team.

I really like the four year plan with the team staying here and the stadium being built in phases instead. I think it's worth the extra money. I also don't think it needs to be rushed. Having this team potentially play "home" games or "play-off home" games outside of Jacksonville makes my stomach turn.

The website put together for updates and announcements describes some intended improvements such as:

Shade on all seats
Wider concourses
Increased space for football operations
Better vertical transportation
Replace HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical systems

https://twitter.com/1stdowntownjax/statu...64996?s=20

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2023, 11:16 AM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-06-2023, 10:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 10:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: That's big news ^

I really like the four year plan with the team staying here and the stadium being built in phases instead. I think it's worth the extra money. I also don't think it needs to be rushed. Having this team potentially play "home" games or "play-off home" games outside of Jacksonville makes my stomach turn.

Agreed.  I would vote against ANY plan that basically said we need to pay X money and by the way we are gonna "borrow" your team for 2 years.  Very sorry guys, just my opinion and you will play hell changing it. These type public projects are never easy. Adding something like that may just give the people opposed the leverage they need.  Yea, lets shoot ourselves in the foot.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(06-06-2023, 11:16 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 10:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I really like the four year plan with the team staying here and the stadium being built in phases instead. I think it's worth the extra money. I also don't think it needs to be rushed. Having this team potentially play "home" games or "play-off home" games outside of Jacksonville makes my stomach turn.

Agreed.  I would vote against ANY plan that basically said we need to pay X money and by the way we are gonna "borrow" your team for 2 years.  Very sorry guys, just my opinion and you will play hell changing it. These type public projects are never easy. Adding something like that may just give the people opposed the leverage they need.  Yea, lets shoot ourselves in the foot.

Our new Mayor tweeted objection to the notion of moving Jags home games back when Curry flapped his gums about it on the radio. 

So - I imagine an option that includes keeping games in town will be ardently pursued.

(06-06-2023, 10:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 10:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: That's big news ^

Yeah the 4 year would be preferred for sure.  I think we'd be playing with fire if they do 2 years and decide to make use of that time as an experiment with London full time.

(06-06-2023, 12:02 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 10:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I really like the four year plan with the team staying here and the stadium being built in phases instead. I think it's worth the extra money. I also don't think it needs to be rushed. Having this team potentially play "home" games or "play-off home" games outside of Jacksonville makes my stomach turn.

Yeah the 4 year would be preferred for sure.  I think we'd be playing with fire if they do 2 years and decide to make use of that time as an experiment with London full time.

Yeah, but the city and Shad Khan don’t like the estimated $100M extra that goes along with that plan.