Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft Prediction Game

Ok here are mine. Since they are on my list I suspect we will not draft them ... LOL

Anders Carlson
Mazie Smith
Bryan Bresee
Byron Young (Ala)
Cam Smith
Tyrique Stevenson
Jaquelin Roy,
Tank Bigsby
Kendre Miller
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 08:40 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Branch
2. Torrence
3. Dawand Jones
4. Hall
5.Young
6. Kraft
7. Kuntz
8. McCendon
9. Turner

WC: Vorhees

Byron young, will mcdonald, brian branch, deonte banks, michel mayer, cam smith, diaby, laporta, harrison

Darnell Washington, Anton Harrison, Derrick Hall, Garrett Williams, McClendon Curtis, Jartavius Martin, Colby Wooden, Andrew Vorhees and Andre Carter II.

Updated my final predictions

Submission of predictions are now closed.  Good luck everyone!

I considered updating my list today given the news about Cam Robinson, but I decided to let my previous predictions ride.  I did include a couple of offensive tackles and I think the rule that the tie goes to the person who posted first could easily be the difference.

Three people listed Anton Harrison.  As a reminder, if it's a tie, the winner goes to the person who posted their list first.  As such, after day 1, the standings are as follows:

1.  ATLjag (1 Point)
2.  Surfon (1 Point)
3.  Jjah34 (1 Point)

Good luck!

(04-24-2023, 04:52 PM)Dimson Wrote: 1. Brian Branch
2. Brian Bresee
3. Dalton Kincaid
4. Darnell Wright
5. Luke Musgrave
6. Derrick Hall
7. Antonio Johnson
8. Andre Carter
9. Byron Young

6 of 9 remaining
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2023, 09:39 PM by TheDuke007.)

No one listed Brenton Strange to the Jaguars.  As such, through two rounds, the standings remain as:

1.  ATLjag (1 Point)
2.  Surfon (1 Point)
3.  Jjah34 (1 Point)

MojoKing has been eliminated from the game.  Everyone else could mathematically still win it.

In round 3, the Jaguars took Tank Bigsby.  One person did have him on his list.  However, before giving the rankings, I will say that an adjustment has been made to the previous scores.  I gave Surfon credit for Anton Harrison because he listed "Harrison" as one of his picks.  However, I now realize that's open to interpretation.  The Jaguars drafted Anton Harrison, but Zach Harrison was also drafted by another team in the third round.  This wasn't specifically addressed in the rules, so as commissioner, I have to make a judgement call.  My ruling is that for those who only gave a last name, I'm ruling that you get credit if only one player in the draft has that last name.  For example, if the Jaguars take Vorhees, I think that will be fair to give credit as the intent is clear as only player with that name will (potentially) be drafted.  However, if you just said "Smith" or "Harrison", your intent is unclear as multiple people with that last name were drafted.  You are effectively selecting multiple players and therefore the pick is disqualified.  

With that said, the rankings are currently:

1.  ATLJag (1 Point - Anton Harrison)
2.  Jag149 (1 Point - Tank Bigsby)
3.  Jjah34 (1 Point - Anton Harrison)

Good Luck!  As previously stated, only MojoKing has been eliminated at this point.

(04-15-2023, 04:36 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: We're less than 2 weeks out from the draft and I thought it would be fun to have a game to see who can predict the most number of players that the Jaguars will draft.  The rules are simple.  Everyone lists 9 players that they think the Jaguars may draft.  You don't need to say which rounds as it doesn't matter.  You have nine guesses at players.  If the Jaguars draft the player (anywhere in the draft), you get a point.  The person with the most points wins.  If it is a tie, the winner goes to whoever posted their list first.  

If the Jaguars end up trading up or down on draft day, it doesn't matter to the game.  You still had nine guesses and whoever had the most players drafted wins.

You can update your list at any point up until the start of the NFL draft.  However, your list will be time stamped at the time of your last update.  As a reminder, a tie goes to the person who posted their list first, so there is a potential advantage to posting your list early and sticking with it.

I would point out that there are different strategies.  You could try to project the picks in each round and make that your nine.  However, if you think the late rounds are too unpedictable, you could effectively take multiple guesses at potential players in the early rounds and increase your odds of hitting on them.  

Good luck!  Let the games begin........................

Thanks for having this! It’s very difficult but a lotta fun! Hopefully again next year? Thanks again!

I'm posting this as of the early 5th round.  We did have 1 person list Tank Bigsby and 3 people listed Tyler Lacy.  No one listed Ventrell Miller or Yasir Abdullah.  As such, the rankings are now as follows:

1. ATLJag (2 Points - Harrison and Lacy)
  2. Jaglou53 (1 Point - Lacy)
  3. Caldrac (1 Point - Lacy)
  4. Jag149 (1 Point - Bigsby)
  5. Jjah34 (1 Point - Harrison)

I join MojoKing and Surfon as having been mathematically eliminated from winning.

(04-29-2023, 02:13 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I'm posting this as of the early 5th round.  We did have 1 person list Tank Bigsby and 3 people listed Tyler Lacy.  No one listed Ventrell Miller or Yasir Abdullah.  As such, the rankings are now as follows:

1. ATLJag (2 Points - Harrison and Lacy)
  2. Jaglou53 (1 Point - Lacy)
  3. Caldrac (1 Point - Lacy)
  4. Jag149 (1 Point - Bigsby)
  5. Jjah34 (1 Point - Harrison)

I join MojoKing and Surfon as having been mathematically eliminated from winning.

Fun stuff! 

FWIW - Tyrique Stevenson was on my list and was drafted at the spot we traded out of. Gotta be worth .25 
Tongue Big Grin

We're now through 5 rounds.  One person did list Antonio Johnson.  The current rankings are as follows:
  • ATLJag (2 Points - Harrison and Lacy)
  • Jaglou53 (1 Point - Lacy)
  • Caldrac (1 Point - Lacy)
  • Dimson (1 Point - Johnson)
  • Jag149 (1 Point - Bigsby)
  • Jjah34 (1 Point - Harrison)

ATLJag is now the heavy favorite with many players off the board, but an upset is still possible.

No one listed Parker Washington, Christian Braswell or Erick Hallett II.  As such, the current rankings continue to remain as follows:
  • ATLJag (2 Points - Harrison and Lacy)

We have one round left.  It would be interesting if the Jaguars actually took Andrew Voorhees.  He's common to four different people's lists.  Andre Carter is common to two lists.  Everyone else remaining is only on a single list.

Thanks for the fun!

The draft is now officially over.  For the seventh round, no one listed Raymond Vohasek or Derek Parish.  However, ATLJag did select Cooper Hodges.  ATLJag is the run away winner with 3 picks correct.  No one else had more than 1.  Below are the final standings:
  • ATLJag (3 Points - Harrison, Lacy and Hodges)

Thanks for playing!  It at least gave me a little entertainment for a draft that I otherwise found very frustrating.

Congratulations ATLJag!!!!!!

I didn't win??? Lol
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Shall we do this again?

(03-24-2024, 07:38 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Shall we do this again?

Seems fun. I'll join this year if it's a go. Might have to make a new thread for 2024.