Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who do we draft at 24?
This poll is closed.
Pass rusher
8.33%
3 8.33%
OT
8.33%
3 8.33%
CB
19.44%
7 19.44%
TE
2.78%
1 2.78%
Branch
38.89%
14 38.89%
Torrence
11.11%
4 11.11%
Trade up or trade back
11.11%
4 11.11%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Who does the Jags draft at 24?

Who do we draft in the first?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Been saying it for months. Branch is the right choice and will be our choice if he's there.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2023, 05:24 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-22-2023, 05:16 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Been saying it for months. Branch is the right choice and will be our choice if he's there.

Meh. Hopefully the value matches up. Not sure I like him with his speed in the nickel spot as a rookie but if he's the answer at safety I guess then he's maybe worth it there. I still think passing up on a solid CB1 or EDGE rusher there is a mistake. Branch would be my seventh choice in RD1.

1. Tyree Wilson
2. Lukas Van Ness
3. Myles Murphy
4. Joey Porter Jr.
5. Cam Smith 
6. Isaiah Foskey
7. Brian Branch 
8. Darnell Wright
9. Dalton Kincaid
10. Will McDonald IV
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If the question is "who will we draft" and not "who should we draft," then the answer is, CB.

OT, DT, DE, TE, G, CB, S in that order.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I’ll guess a trade down and a pass rusher

What a poll lol

(04-22-2023, 08:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: What a poll lol

Am I missing something in the poll?

What is you talking about?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-22-2023, 08:59 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

Should of been more pacific.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-22-2023, 08:59 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

I guess I should of added corn

(04-22-2023, 09:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 08:59 AM)RicoTx Wrote: What is you talking about?

Should of been more pacific.

I sea what did they’re.

Just throwing a little bait out waiting for the bite

(04-22-2023, 10:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just throwing a little bait out waiting for the bite

[Image: whoops-hehe.gif]

(04-22-2023, 10:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 10:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just throwing a little bait out waiting for the bite

[Image: whoops-hehe.gif]

I know you did.  I won't hold it against ya

(04-22-2023, 10:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 10:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: whoops-hehe.gif]

I know you did.  I won't hold it against ya

Easy Pee Wee, you already got arrested for that once.

(04-22-2023, 05:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 05:16 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Been saying it for months. Branch is the right choice and will be our choice if he's there.

Meh. Hopefully the value matches up. Not sure I like him with his speed in the nickel spot as a rookie but if he's the answer at safety I guess then he's maybe worth it there. I still think passing up on a solid CB1 or EDGE rusher there is a mistake. Branch would be my seventh choice in RD1.

1. Tyree Wilson
2. Lukas Van Ness
3. Myles Murphy
4. Joey Porter Jr.
5. Cam Smith 
6. Isaiah Foskey
7. Brian Branch 
8. Darnell Wright
9. Dalton Kincaid
10. Will McDonald IV
Very nice list. Some of my thoughts:

1. Like your emphasis on pass rushers. Unlikely Wilson will be there. Why no Nolan Smith? His lack of size does concern me.

2. Porter would be very hard to pass on if he's there. Surprised Banks isn't in your top 10. Any particular problems with him?

3. I am higher than you on Branch. Time will tell, but I believe he'll be a difference-maker at nickel or safety. 

4. Kincaid is likely to be gone- Packers might take him at 15, but he'd be very tempting if on the board. Would be a true weapon as 2nd tight end and safety net in case Engram leaves.

5. Torrence is not one of my top guys, either. However, it wouldn't shock me if he's top 5 on Baalke's board. I'd prefer Mauch or Bergeron in round 2. Both are more versatile than Torrence.

Thankfully, the waiting will be over soon.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2023, 10:45 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-22-2023, 11:35 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 05:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Meh. Hopefully the value matches up. Not sure I like him with his speed in the nickel spot as a rookie but if he's the answer at safety I guess then he's maybe worth it there. I still think passing up on a solid CB1 or EDGE rusher there is a mistake. Branch would be my seventh choice in RD1.

1. Tyree Wilson
2. Lukas Van Ness
3. Myles Murphy
4. Joey Porter Jr.
5. Cam Smith 
6. Isaiah Foskey
7. Brian Branch 
8. Darnell Wright
9. Dalton Kincaid
10. Will McDonald IV
Very nice list. Some of my thoughts:

1. Like your emphasis on pass rushers. Unlikely Wilson will be there. Why no Nolan Smith? His lack of size does concern me.

2. Porter would be very hard to pass on if he's there. Surprised Banks isn't in your top 10. Any particular problems with him?

3. I am higher than you on Branch. Time will tell, but I believe he'll be a difference-maker at nickel or safety. 

4. Kincaid is likely to be gone- Packers might take him at 15, but he'd be very tempting if on the board. Would be a true weapon as 2nd tight end and safety net in case Engram leaves.

5. Torrence is not one of my top guys, either. However, it wouldn't shock me if he's top 5 on Baalke's board. I'd prefer Mauch or Bergeron in round 2. Both are more versatile than Torrence.

As a Bulldogs fan. Just not sold nor convinced that Nolan Smith will jump up in the NFL. His speed is great. As it should be. He's a lightweight at his position. My biggest concern is that he didn't stay healthy for us and his flashes of brilliance were way, way too sporadic. I like my pass rushers having consistency and availability. That was Nolan's issue though. He was consistently unavailable. 

Asking him to jump up in the NFL against bigger, faster tackles that will swallow him up is a tall order. He's not Von Miller. He's not DeMarcus Ware. 

Banks is solid. I just don't think he'll be a high impact player right away. Much like Tyson Campbell as a rookie. He has some issues getting his head around and locating the football. He can also be a little slow to react and can bite on hard routes and get crossed up. I like him. Just not at 24. If he's there at 56? I would be tempted depending on what we did at 24 the night before. 

I can't quite put my finger on Branch. I just don't like him here in Jacksonville. Maybe it's Caldwell. Maybe it's the 4.5 speed in the slot that concerns me and then trying to play him at safety. Caldwell didn't really impress me last year with whatever his intentions were between Walker at OLB/Inside/DE, etc. and whatever they did with Lloyd which led him from being an early ROTM candidate to being benched for roughly a month. 

Kincaid going early wouldn't surprise me. 15 makes sense considering they're moving on from Rodgers in Green Bay and Jordan Love will need a security blanket to work with him. You pretty much summed it up for me with Torrence. He's too linear and doesn't offer any versatility there. He's strong but has cement feet. Seems like a better fit in run blocking than pass blocking and I am not sure he fits this scheme good enough for what Pederson likes to do. Value just seems better elsewhere.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-23-2023, 10:43 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 11:35 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Very nice list. Some of my thoughts:

As a Bulldogs fan. Just not sold nor convinced that Nolan Smith will jump up in the NFL. His speed is great. As it should be. He's a lightweight at his position. My biggest concern is that he didn't stay healthy for us and his flashes of brilliance were way, way too sporadic. I like my pass rushers having consistency and availability. That was Nolan's issue though. He was consistently unavailable. 

Asking him to jump up in the NFL against bigger, faster tackles that will swallow him up is a tall order. He's not Von Miller. He's not DeMarcus Ware. 

Banks is solid. I just don't think he'll be a high impact player right away. Much like Tyson Campbell as a rookie. He has some issues getting his head around and locating the football. He can also be a little slow to react and can bite on hard routes and get crossed up. I like him. Just not at 24. If he's there at 56? I would be tempted depending on what we did at 24 the night before. 

I can't quite put my finger on Branch. I just don't like him here in Jacksonville. Maybe it's Caldwell. Maybe it's the 4.5 speed in the slot that concerns me and then trying to play him at safety. Caldwell didn't really impress me last year with whatever his intentions were between Walker at OLB/Inside/DE, etc. and whatever they did with Lloyd which led him from being an early ROTM candidate to being benched for roughly a month. 

Kincaid going early wouldn't surprise me. 15 makes sense considering they're moving on from Rodgers in Green Bay and Jordan Love will need a security blanket to work with him. You pretty much summed it up for me with Torrence. He's too linear and doesn't offer any versatility there. He's strong but has cement feet. Seems like a better fit in run blocking than pass blocking and I am not sure he fits this scheme good enough for what Pederson likes to do. Value just seems better elsewhere.

Pretty much in agreement with all of this. I'll defer to your judgement regarding Nolan Smith since you are a Bulldogs fan. I kind of feel the same way about him. I do believe Banks will keep improving once he reaches the NFL. He does have the same issues that Campbell had to correct, but seems like a guy who will work hard to overcome this weakness.

I failed to initially comment on the absence of Bryan Bresee on your Board. Totally in agreement on this due to the risk involved. If they do take him, I'll just hope that I'm wrong and he becomes the type player Ndamukong Suh was in his prime without the behavioral issues. The 1998 draft taught me to NEVER initially freak out over a draft choice I didn't like. I did that about Fred Taylor since I couldn't see them taking a UF running back that high; I was totally set on Takeo Spikes (who did have a long, productive NFL career). My philosophy now is to wait at least one season before ripping into any particular pick despite being initially very disappointed that they didn't take one of "my guys." It took a long time for me to get rid of all the "egg on my face" regarding my comments on the Freddy T. selection and I don't plan on making that mistake again. I must admit that this was especially difficult following the 2018 drafting of Taven Bryan, but I'll leave it at that so I don't get sick thinking about all the horrible choices the team has made since then on day 1 of the draft!

Branch could be a game changer for this defense and I think a potential All Pro at SS. Not sure we have ever had a player like him. He's a different type of player in the secondary. I could see us using him like GB used Charles Woodson when the moved him to safety and he won defensive player of the year. I hope Branch is there when we pick just to have that option. A lot of these pass rushers and olineman that will be available when we pick I don't think could help us this year as much as Branch could as well