Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Pederson's Son to be signed by NFL team? (Jags?)

Josh Pederson — Son of Jaguars' HC Doug Pederson — Signs NFL Contract

The son of the Jaguars' head coach will go from the USFL to the NFL.

Josh Pederson was announced by the USFL's Houston Gamblers as a player whose contract would be terminated after signing with an NFL team. The NFL team in question has not yet been revealed. 

Speculation is that the team will be the Jaguars.....

Interesting if true, but why quit the USFL to just be camp fodder for any NFL team. His stats last year were not eye popping.

Pederson finished the 2023 season second on the Gamblers in both receptions (24) and receiving yardage (325) in 10 games.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/josh...l-contract
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

NLF League minimum probably looks much better than his USFL salary..

No guts, no glory..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Pretty cool. We technically have plenty to be left desired still in the TE room, and, with Engram probably not coming back after 2023 it wouldn't hurt to sign up and develop some talent there. Worst case? He gets cut and goes back into the NFL circuit. He spent time in San Francisco and Kansas City as well. He might even get into coaching early. You never know.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I am intrigued. He would know the playbook front to back. Who knows, maybe he earns a spot and comes in on a goaline trick play? Loooong shot, but if Tebow can get an invite then anybody can.

There should be reps available for him since Evan Engram has not signed his contract yet. Looking forward to watching all of the young talent compete in camp.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Oh great, next they’ll bring in some has been college QB to try out for TE.

Cool
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-08-2023, 08:33 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Oh great, next they’ll bring in some has been college QB to try out for TE.

Cool

Hahaha, no way they would EVER do that… lol
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(07-07-2023, 02:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://nfldraftdiamonds.com/2023/07/josh-pederson-4/

Solid Season with the Houston Gamblers - 2 receptions.   This dude could be the next Travis Kelce !!  Now if we can just land Tebow at our QB position then we'd be set.

"Josh had a solid career at UL-Monroe and has spent some time in the NFL with the San Francisco 49ers in 2021, Saints in 2021, and Chiefs in 2022. After a solid season with the Houston Gamblers, Pederson will get a shot to show his father and the staff in Jacksonville he deserves to be in the NFL."

"Josh finished the 2023 season with two receptions on the Houston Gamblers. I love this signing. I think Josh has a ton of potential. We interviewed him before the NFL Draft and he was a great kid."

He will probably make the team. I’d never cut my son.

(07-08-2023, 09:43 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He will probably make the team. I’d never cut my son.

Why stop there.  Engram hasn't signed the Franchise Tag so I say we revoke it and slap it on this guy.

For those interested - Josh Pederson is 6'5" - 235 - ran a 4.75 forty at pro day a few years ago

Accumulated 329 receiving yards with the Houston Gamblers of the USFL

More than likely a camp body with a long shot chance to hit the PS if he out performs expectations

(07-08-2023, 09:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 02:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://nfldraftdiamonds.com/2023/07/josh-pederson-4/

Solid Season with the Houston Gamblers - 2 receptions.   This dude could be the next Travis Kelce !!  Now if we can just land Tebow at our QB position then we'd be set.

"Josh had a solid career at UL-Monroe and has spent some time in the NFL with the San Francisco 49ers in 2021, Saints in 2021, and Chiefs in 2022. After a solid season with the Houston Gamblers, Pederson will get a shot to show his father and the staff in Jacksonville he deserves to be in the NFL."

"Josh finished the 2023 season with two receptions on the Houston Gamblers. I love this signing. I think Josh has a ton of potential. We interviewed him before the NFL Draft and he was a great kid."

INCORRECT ^

24 receptions for 329 yards in 10 games 

https://www.footballdb.com/players/josh-...1/gamelogs

(07-08-2023, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: For those interested - Josh Pederson is 6'5" - 235 - ran a 4.75 forty at pro day a few years ago

More than likely a camp body with a long shot chance to hit the PS if he out performs expectations

(07-08-2023, 09:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Solid Season with the Houston Gamblers - 2 receptions.   This dude could be the next Travis Kelce !!  Now if we can just land Tebow at our QB position then we'd be set.

INCORRECT  ^

Was second overall on the team for yards, I think I read…what a lousy team…

(07-08-2023, 10:09 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(07-08-2023, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: For those interested - Josh Pederson is 6'5" - 235 - ran a 4.75 forty at pro day a few years ago

INCORRECT  ^

Was second overall on the team for yards, I think I read…what a lousy team…

It was ten games. 
The Gamblers went 5-5

Projected to 17 games he'd have had 570 yards in a season the length of an NFL season. 
That's more than the 12th best TE in the NFL last year. 

Math is your friend. 

Still, I stick to my projection. 
Long shot to make the PS.

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2023, 10:24 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-08-2023, 09:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Solid Season with the Houston Gamblers - 2 receptions.   This dude could be the next Travis Kelce !!  Now if we can just land Tebow at our QB position then we'd be set.

INCORRECT  ^

I was just relying on, and quoting, the statements from the article that you had posted.  Simple copy and paste.  Can you please refrain from posting Fake News !!! Smile

(07-08-2023, 10:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

INCORRECT  ^

I was just relying on, and quoting, the statements from the article that you had posted.  Simple copy and paste.  Can you please refrain from posting Fake News !!! Smile
HAHA!

My bad.

Draft diamonds guy had a pretty massive typo in that one.

(07-08-2023, 10:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-08-2023, 10:09 AM)Ronster Wrote: Was second overall on the team for yards, I think I read…what a lousy team…

It was ten games. 
The Gamblers went 5-5

Projected to 17 games he'd have had 570 yards in a season the length of an NFL season. 
That's more than the 12 best TE in the NFL last year. 

Math is your friend. 

Still, I stick to my projection. 
Long shot to make the PS.

Yep, Yep, yep...

Still, who knows?  I remember TC having his son-in-law on the roster in NY playing guard.  Besides if the guy doesn't make it from the season he had someone in the USFL will pick him up. A no lose proposition for the kid.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Wow. The Tebow hate here was overwhelming but outright nepotism gets a pass? The tribalism runs strong on these boards.

(07-09-2023, 12:27 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Wow.  The Tebow hate here was overwhelming but outright nepotism gets a pass?  The tribalism runs strong on these boards.

That's on you for being an idiot if you can't see the difference between the two.