Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's Next For the Patriots?

The post-Brady reality has set in.

Still no denying that they have a talented head coach. 

They've cobbled together some notable tight ends and receivers and their offensive line is squarely in the middle of the pack by most ratings and rankings. 
But they were 18th in the league last year in total touchdowns scored. (12 rush, 19 pass , 6 via Defense or ST) 

Are they all in on Mac Jones? Is it about finding a draft worthy "next Tom Brady?" 
Are they going to trade for a vet QB? 

If Belichick can get production out of Jones this season with a decent assemblage around him in an increasingly tougher division, it would be a good first step, but I can't imagine that's the long term plan. 

I'm sure a few of you have some insight or ideas, so please share.

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/statu...19745?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Completely up to Kraft. Belichick will continue chasing Brady's ghost though at this rate. Time is not on his side in this race. Doesn't help that Brady went onto win a Superbowl and have a solid finish to his career in Tampa Bay from outside of his shadow.

I still think, as you have pointed out already, that, Belichick is more than capable of coaching a competent team overall. He's had some decent efforts made in an increasingly tough division. Just got tougher with Rodgers inserted into the mix in New York with that defense already stout.

I think if they miss the play-off's and fall short, say around, 7 - 10 or 8 - 9? Kraft may opt to part ways with him and start all over potentially. I think Mac Jones is not the answer though. Belichick at one point was willing to keep it rolling with Billy Zappy out there last season. His confidence is not that high in him I would imagine. I think this gives Kraft a perfect opportunity to start all over with a new staff and potential franchise Quarterback in 2024.

For Belichick? Once he's done in New England? I could see him either retiring and nobody would blame him for it. He's done more than enough in his career to be satisfied, again, unless chasing that ghost of Tom Brady will haunt him. If he stays within the coaching world? I could see him taking on an executive role or front office gig somewhere like Parcells did off and on. Or, he could go somewhere else to coach for another year or two. Kind of like Jimmy Johnson.

I could see him in Dallas, Green Bay or Chicago for some reason.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I say embrace chaos and let Stephen take over for his dad, can't be any worse than Urban Meyer was for us.

Mac isn't the answer, but I hope they give him another few years to prove that fact.

79-88 without Brady. He’s exactly who I always knew he was.

(07-13-2023, 08:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: 79-88 without Brady. He’s exactly who I always knew he was.

Man, he MADE Brady.  Tommy is a system QB with subpar athleticism.  He struggled mightily in TB until Arians adopted his Pats offense.  Let's not forget they're both cheaters too.

They had an unbelievable run. It’s time for their rebuild.

(07-15-2023, 01:15 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 08:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: 79-88 without Brady. He’s exactly who I always knew he was.

Man, he MADE Brady.  Tommy is a system QB with subpar athleticism.  He struggled mightily in TB until Arians adopted his Pats offense.  Let's not forget they're both cheaters too.

Lol, your Bizzaro World take is exactly backwards. Brady won without Hoodie, not the other way around.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-16-2023, 07:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-15-2023, 01:15 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Man, he MADE Brady.  Tommy is a system QB with subpar athleticism.  He struggled mightily in TB until Arians adopted his Pats offense.  Let's not forget they're both cheaters too.

Lol, your Bizzaro World take is exactly backwards. Brady won without Hoodie, not the other way around.

Brady was carried early by the Pats' system.  Then when he lost his training wheels in Tampa, he wasn't the same until Arians dumbed everything down for him.

(07-16-2023, 03:34 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(07-16-2023, 07:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, your Bizzaro World take is exactly backwards. Brady won without Hoodie, not the other way around.

Brady was carried early by the Pats' system.  Then when he lost his training wheels in Tampa, he wasn't the same until Arians dumbed everything down for him.

Lol

(07-16-2023, 07:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, your Bizzaro World take is exactly backwards. Brady won without Hoodie, not the other way around.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

What is next? Cleveland 1991-1995

unless they let him tape opposing teams, modify the air in the football .. what am I forgetting?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(07-16-2023, 07:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-15-2023, 01:15 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Man, he MADE Brady.  Tommy is a system QB with subpar athleticism.  He struggled mightily in TB until Arians adopted his Pats offense.  Let's not forget they're both cheaters too.

I had to wonder if it was a whoosh, but the double down gives me doubts.

(07-18-2023, 08:34 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I had to wonder if it was a whoosh, but the double down gives me doubts.

Poe's Law would be in effect except that his other takes are often equally as putrid.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

System or not. He still had to make those throws, come up clutch and execute everything to the letter. Did they get some lucky breaks and cheat here and there? Yeah. That's undeniable. However, it was made pretty evident who made who when Brady bolted for Tampa Bay and elevated a struggling franchise with a pretty good offensive minded head coach in Arians who had a great track record with QB's throughout his career. 

It takes two to tango. However, the QB, ultimately, at the end of the day, he has to make the plays, he has to lead and he has to put the team in a position to succeed more than anybody else in this sport. It's typically always been a QB driven sport. With very, very few exceptions. Brady's success will never be matched nor touched in the NFL. His records are all but cemented and sealed in my opinion. He goes down as the Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky & Muhammad Ali type of player in his respective forever. 

Sure, there's guys like Mahomes that come along. He could get into the conversation as a Kobe Bryant or LeBron James type standing, which, that's not anything to be ashamed of. He'll just have a long, long way to go to catch Brady and his rings. And that's if he even wants to play that long. These guys make so much money now that it's almost admirable if they DO stick around because it feels like they really do love the game more than the money. I know Mahomes does for sure. The soundbites they had on him when he played us and against the Eagles tells me everything I need to know about his love for the game.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."