Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Heads up Mods..problems with the board again

It’s taking forever to open a thread. Also keeps timing out.

It’s been doing it for about 2 days.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-18-2023, 11:09 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It’s taking forever to open a thread. Also keeps timing out.

We're on it.
JiB contacted SuperUser 
He usually fixes these things within 48 hrs

(07-18-2023, 11:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-18-2023, 11:09 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It’s taking forever to open a thread. Also keeps timing out.

We're on it.
JiB contacted SuperUser 

I demand instant gratification!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We're on it.
JiB contacted SuperUser 

Thanks NYC

Test

We're on it.
JiB contacted SuperUser 

PRAISE MOD Ninja

Good to know. I thought my 480 computer was having interface issues with my dial up modem.

Haha I was really concerned about my wifi for a little bit but then realized it was just this site. No worries on my end though and glad we are back up.

I’m 91% pleased.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Well darn! It was working for a bit but it’s slow again.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Sorry all, I had the audacity to take a vacation, so I am away from my desk and haven't been checking my messages as often. 

It looks like I am in some sort of database debugging rabbit hole right now. Some queries are answered quickly and some are spending a ton of time getting hung up. 

I am looking into it, but it might take a bit longer to figure out exactly what's going on and fix it.
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

(07-22-2023, 12:59 AM)Superuser Wrote: Sorry all, I had the audacity to take a vacation, so I am away from my desk and haven't been checking my messages as often. 

It looks like I am in some sort of database debugging rabbit hole right now. Some queries are answered quickly and some are spending a ton of time getting hung up. 

I am looking into it, but it might take a bit longer to figure out exactly what's going on and fix it.

Enjoy the vacay, just be backmin time for the start of the season
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-22-2023, 12:59 AM)Superuser Wrote: Sorry all, I had the audacity to take a vacation, so I am away from my desk and haven't been checking my messages as often. 

Thanks!

I tracked the issue down to....me not paying AWS enough.  Rolleyes

Looks like the database was sporadically running out of 'storage performance'; I have tweaked some AWS settings and things should hopefully be back to normal.

If anyone observes further slowdowns, please do post a message here (with the time that the issue happened if possible!).
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

no issues, just wanted to say thanks for the effort to get things back running well. Thankfully, dead part of the offseason is ideal timing for these wrinkles!

I've worked in support positions before, and nobody ever contacts you when things are smooth. You and the rest of the crew running this board are very appreciated, even if we don't say it often enough. Thank you all!

(07-24-2023, 12:41 PM)Mikey Wrote: no issues, just wanted to say thanks for the effort to get things back running well. Thankfully, dead part of the offseason is ideal timing for these wrinkles!

I've worked in support positions before, and nobody ever contacts you when things are smooth. You and the rest of the crew running this board are very appreciated, even if we don't say it often enough. Thank you all!

Suck up.

Tongue
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]