Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Incoming Danielle Hunter?

He has followed the Jags and some players on Instagram today.....

Some people beginning to speculate he's coming to Jacksonville.

I'm not saying this is guaranteed to happen but it's certainly intriguing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Still possible for trade but idk.

I’d like it though
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2023, 02:33 PM by Cleatwood.)

https://twitter.com/sosarick/status/1683...915L-t18Xg

The Jags are the only team he follows.

Again. Not saying it’s gonna happen but it’s something the keep our eye on

(07-25-2023, 01:09 PM)jagshype Wrote: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...wsrc%5Etfw
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1683...915L-t18Xg

Very interesting. Depends on what the trade would involve I guess. We're already on the hook potentially with Atlanta for a conditional 3rd or 2nd round pick if Ridley pops off. While I appreciate the team's optimism. I would exercise caution at the moment. I don't think this team is a player or two away from running the table and winning it all. Leaving our draft picks short in the next year or two could prove costly in the long run for Lawrence and his supporting cast opportunities.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I would find a way to make this happen. He is only 28 and a top 10 pass rusher. Josh Allen has not put up the numbers of Hunter and may be a salary cap casualty next season. Hunter has never had any trouble off the field during his 7 seasons.

What would it take in trade compensation to make this happen? The Jaguars will likely be without their 2nd round pick next season due to the compensation for Ridley. However, they should get at least 2 or 3 extra comp. picks for J. Taylor, Key and possibly Marvin Jones. Taylor's pick would be a 3rd rounder. The Vikings basically gave ZaDarius Smith, another pro-bowler to the Browns for nothing (two fifths) to get rid of his salary cap figure. Would the Vikings take a 2nd and 3rd rounder from the Jags (one in 2024 and one in 2025) plus a player like JaMycal Hasty since Cook is likely to be traded? I'd do that deal in a second and I'd even consider trading our first round pick in 2024 (likely 25-32) plus Hasty for Hunter and the Vikings 2nd round pick in 2024. Pass rushers like Hunter just don't grow on trees.

Make it happen jags.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2023, 05:11 PM by Predator. Edited 2 times in total.)

It would require a trade and a big contract.

This would most likely move Walker to DE and he and Allen would play OLB.

It would also give us some insurance if we are unwilling or unable to extend Allen after this season.

It's not a bad fit but, the vikings would need to be willing to let him go with a reasonable trade.

Often a team will counter a player trying to force a trade by allowing a player to seek out a trade, but then attach an unreasonable amount of draft compensation to the trade so that it kills any interest just to spite the player.

This would be huge. Could put our D to the next level

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2023, 05:59 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

For everyone who thinks a player is forced to play just because they are forced to be on the team…

The Jaguars certainly have the draft capital to spare to make trades happen, with the potential of having 12 picks in next year’s draft.

Love to see this happen but I'm thinking Minnesota will want too much.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

I definitely love the idea in theory. I'll leave the trade/contract details for others to debate but with AFC being littered with talented QBs - pass rush will be as important as it is ever has been. Im very confident in our offense (on paper) headed into the season. Not team is perfect but I feel as if the defense comes with a couple of more question marks than the offense. A guy like hunter or a talented nickel would go a long way to making us a more complete team.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2023, 07:16 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

Guy is on the last year of a 5x72 million contract. Held out because he wants a new deal ,more money. He sees what has happened to Cook just recently. His cap hit this year of 13mill with 2 void years (11mill and 5 mill) Yea the Vikings would love to get out from under that. They already have 35 mill in dead cap. Good player? Sure, but they may need to pay us

Oh and he aleady has collected all but 5 mill of his contract...so sure he wants more money this year
A new broom always sweeps clean.

He's one of favorite Non Jags!! Dudes a Beast!!!!
s
;

;

(07-25-2023, 07:57 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: He's one of favorite Non Jags!! Dudes a Beast!!!!

Yes, if he stays healthy, he'd instantly make the D-line quite respectable and put the defense on par with the Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, and other AFC contenders' defenses. A Hunter, Allen and Smoot rotation outside would allow Walker to play inside more. That would strengthen the D-line overall. 

I'd try to dump Chaisson, Hasty, and a 5th rounder on the Vikings and have them eat part of Hunter's salary.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Ah yes the good ol insta stalk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEjQfufvBhs

I wouldn't be apposed to him comming Smile

I just don’t know fellas. We’re strapped for cash as it is. We can trade a couple picks for a rental, but if we swipe our card it’s gonna decline if we have to put him under contract.

Lawrence’s deal is going to set an NFL record and Campbell is going to get a truck load of cash too.

I don’t wanna be the Rams. I want to make the tournament every year for the next 7 to 8 years.

(07-25-2023, 11:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I just don’t know fellas. We’re strapped for cash as it is. We can trade a couple picks for a rental, but if we swipe our card it’s gonna decline if we have to put him under contract.

Lawrence’s deal is going to set an NFL record and Campbell is going to get a truck load of cash too.

I don’t wanna be the Rams. I want to make the tournament every year for the next 7 to 8 years.

The team is 20 million under the cap and can free up more next year if they dump Cam Robinson now. They can afford it and the future is now.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato