Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 - NFL Draft - Wish List

(04-24-2024, 01:54 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 08:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What do yall think are the odds of Fuaga being there at 17?  The Saints I'm worried about the most

50%. Either he is, or he isn't. Big Grin

(04-24-2024, 09:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that people don't see O-line as THE biggest need in this draft. We have 4 significant guys in that room right now who need an upgrade-level replacement for 2025. Adding little guys with high draft capital to a team with this roster is adding a Carbon Fiber wing to a Honda Civic.

Prepare to be underwhelmed, friend.

At this point, that's the persistent state of affairs when it comes to the darft.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-24-2024, 09:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that people don't see O-line as THE biggest need in this draft. We have 4 significant guys in that room right now who need an upgrade-level replacement for 2025. Adding little guys with high draft capital to a team with this roster is adding a Carbon Fiber wing to a Honda Civic.

I'm in this camp as well. Per pff and other stat based analysis we had one of if not the worst oline in the league. And we may be rolling out there with 4 returning starters. Replacing fortner was big but it's not like Morse is a hall of famer. Not even sure he is a top 10 center. And we're relying on other starters to stay healthy who aren't always great at that. It's a big gamble as the offense can't function if they bet wrong.

(04-25-2024, 07:23 AM)rfc17 Wrote:

I'm in this camp as well. Per pff and other stat based analysis we had one of if not the worst oline in the league. And we may be rolling out there with 4 returning starters. Replacing fortner was big but it's not like Morse is a hall of famer. Not even sure he is a top 10 center. And we're relying on other starters to stay healthy who aren't always great at that. It's a big gamble as the offense can't function if they bet wrong.
They really like their OL for whatever reason. They’ve shown that time and time again. Risner is still out there and I would sign him right now. 

For me, this first rounder has to make an immediate impact. My favorite options:

1. Trade up for Odunze/Nabers
2. Take CB at 17 and trade 48 for Aiyuk
3. Newton at 17 and WR at 48.

Then, regardless of which of the top 3 happen, I’m hammering OL with the 3rd rounder and both 4ths.

(04-25-2024, 07:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 07:23 AM)rfc17 Wrote: I'm in this camp as well. Per pff and other stat based analysis we had one of if not the worst oline in the league. And we may be rolling out there with 4 returning starters. Replacing fortner was big but it's not like Morse is a hall of famer. Not even sure he is a top 10 center. And we're relying on other starters to stay healthy who aren't always great at that. It's a big gamble as the offense can't function if they bet wrong.
They really like their OL for whatever reason. They’ve shown that time and time again. Risner is still out there and I would sign him right now. 

For me, this first rounder has to make an immediate impact. My favorite options:

Then, regardless of which of the top 3 happen, I’m hammering OL with the 3rd rounder and both 4ths.

1. None of the 1st round receivers are likely to give you what Ridley did last year and you see how that turned out. Receiver doesn't matter if the QB can't get him the ball.
2. Contrary to popular belief, CB is not the dire need being portrayed because the back field doesn't matter if the middle is gashed for 7 yards every time the RB touches the ball. They can make do with the guys on the roster until the Bigs are fixed. No way I trade my high picks for a WR at this point.
3. I'd be ok with this although I believe protecting Trevor is the ONLY thing this team should focus on until it's done. They've done some work fixing the line for this year already, now they need to fix it for the next 5 with their draft capital. Newton would be a good addition but I'd go Oline in the 2nd and 3rd. Give me 1,000 pounds of player with the first three picks.

Since I said all that it's quite likely that we take Cooper DeJean and trade for Tee Higgins tonight.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Haven't followed the draft as closely this year but have been playing around with nfldraftbuzz mock simulator. Can consistently work multiplt trades to end up with two late first rounders, a 2nd, three later 3rd round picks and nothing beyond that. And for whatever reason I'm usually able to grab Graham Barton and Cooper dejean with those two late firsts. Something along those lines would be my ideal scenario provided we get a couple more big uglies with the remaining picks. Don't think that scenario is within the realm of possibility though.

(04-25-2024, 08:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 07:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: They really like their OL for whatever reason. They’ve shown that time and time again. Risner is still out there and I would sign him right now. 

1. None of the 1st round receivers are likely to give you what Ridley did last year and you see how that turned out. Receiver doesn't matter if the QB can't get him the ball.
2. Contrary to popular belief, CB is not the dire need being portrayed because the back field doesn't matter if the middle is gashed for 7 yards every time the RB touches the ball. They can make do with the guys on the roster until the Bigs are fixed. No way I trade my high picks for a WR at this point.
3. I'd be ok with this although I believe protecting Trevor is the ONLY thing this team should focus on until it's done. They've done some work fixing the line for this year already, now they need to fix it for the next 5 with their draft capital. Newton would be a good addition but I'd go Oline in the 2nd and 3rd. Give me 1,000 pounds of player with the first three picks.

Since I said all that it's quite likely that we take Cooper DeJean and trade for Tee Higgins tonight.
Nabers, MHJ or Odunze all can give you what Ridley did last year and probably more.

Those are the only 3 receivers I'm advocating for. Odunze would come in immediately and get you 1K yards and probably 10 TDs. Nabers is electric and can take a 5 yard slant route to the house.

I also think Trevor has made it very clear that they need to upgrade the WR room. This is just a personal hunch.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 09:22 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-25-2024, 08:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 07:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: They really like their OL for whatever reason. They’ve shown that time and time again. Risner is still out there and I would sign him right now. 

That's only 1.486 points of draft capital per lb.  What a bargain!

(04-25-2024, 07:23 AM)rfc17 Wrote: I'm in this camp as well. Per pff and other stat based analysis we had one of if not the worst oline in the league. And we may be rolling out there with 4 returning starters. Replacing fortner was big but it's not like Morse is a hall of famer. Not even sure he is a top 10 center. And we're relying on other starters to stay healthy who aren't always great at that. It's a big gamble as the offense can't function if they bet wrong.

(04-25-2024, 09:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 08:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 1. None of the 1st round receivers are likely to give you what Ridley did last year and you see how that turned out. Receiver doesn't matter if the QB can't get him the ball.

Nabers, MHJ or Odunze all can give you what Ridley did last year and probably more.

Those are the only 3 receivers I'm advocating for. Odunze would come in immediately and get you 1K yards and probably 10 TDs. Nabers is electric and can take a 5 yard slant route to the house.

I also think Trevor has made it very clear that they need to upgrade the WR room. This is just a personal hunch.

Prosser made the point on the Drill just a bit ago. Receivers taken in the range where you're suggesting are a coin flip's chance of even being good while of the best receivers in the league today only Chase was taken that high. I just don't buy that these guys are difference makers when the QB doesn't have time to get them the ball and the running game can't get a yard when needed. Giving up more than just a 1st round pick for one of those guys [BLEEP] (bleeped word for "slows", lol)the roster's progress even further. It's just too much to give up to move up in this draft. If one of them falls to 17? That's a different matter to consider, but no way I'd move up.

I'm in agreement with just about all of this. I've wanted Risner for a while. They obviously preferred Cleveland to him probably due to saving some money in the process. Adding Risner now would give the team 2 very solid reserves ( there'd be competition for who starts) who could play tackle or guard. I believe it would be worth the money. Those who continue to preach for an offensive lineman in round 1 are not incorrect about the importance of the position and having adequate depth. 

Regarding your favorite options, my preference would be number 2. Cornerback is the biggest IMMEDIATE need and there is a good possibility that one of the top guys will be on the board at 17. The Aiyuk trade would be contingent on what they give up in draft capital and his salary. St. Brown just got paid $120 million over 4 years with $77 guaranteed. If they believe very strongly that he will become a top 5-10 receiver, it might be worth a big deal. Whether they can afford this after paying Allen and Lawrence I'm not sure of. If the 49er's really want to get rid of him, parting with a 2nd and 4th rounder would be a good deal for both teams. I'm afraid trading up for Odunze or Nabers will require parting with their 2nd and 3rd round picks. That's more than I want to give up. While both receivers look like eventual stars, we really can't say for sure they will be that much better than a receiver they can possibly get in round 2 (Coleman,Franklin, Legette, Pearsall). 
Your 3rd option is my least favorite. I also like Newton, but at the least they could trade back and get him. He has fallen out of some 1st round projections due to his injury and size. Adding a 2nd or 3rd rounder to move back 7-10 spots would make sense.

(04-25-2024, 09:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 09:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Nabers, MHJ or Odunze all can give you what Ridley did last year and probably more.

Prosser made the point on the Drill just a bit ago. Receivers taken in the range where you're suggesting are a coin flip's chance of even being good while of the best receivers in the league today only Chase was taken that high. I just don't buy that these guys are difference makers when the QB doesn't have time to get them the ball and the running game can't get a yard when needed. Giving up more than just a 1st round pick for one of those guys [BLEEP] (bleeped word for "slows", lol)the roster's progress even further. It's just too much to give up to move up in this draft. If one of them falls to 17? That's a different matter to consider, but no way I'd move up.

27% of receivers signed in the first round get a 2nd contract w/ the team that drafted them

That's less than a coin flip

And giving up added capital to do so is indeed ill-advised. 

Most of them don't do [BLEEP] their rookie year either.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 10:24 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-25-2024, 10:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 09:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Prosser made the point on the Drill just a bit ago. Receivers taken in the range where you're suggesting are a coin flip's chance of even being good while of the best receivers in the league today only Chase was taken that high. I just don't buy that these guys are difference makers when the QB doesn't have time to get them the ball and the running game can't get a yard when needed. Giving up more than just a 1st round pick for one of those guys [BLEEP] (bleeped word for "slows", lol)the roster's progress even further. It's just too much to give up to move up in this draft. If one of them falls to 17? That's a different matter to consider, but no way I'd move up.

27% of receivers signed in the first round get a 2nd contract w/ the team that drafted them

And that 27% is likely to jump with Lamb, Waddle, London, JJ, Chase, Garrett Wilson, Olave.... All 1st rounders who will likely sign 2nd contracts.

The WR salaries are crazy so getting one on a rookie deal is a good thing.

I don't know what will happen tonight but as long as it helps Trevor (OL or WR), I'm good with it.

(04-25-2024, 10:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 10:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 27% of receivers signed in the first round get a 2nd contract w/ the team that drafted them

And that 27% is likely to jump with Lamb, Waddle, London, JJ, Chase, Garrett Wilson, Olave.... All 1st rounders who will likely sign 2nd contracts.

I don't know what will happen tonight but as long as it helps Trevor (OL or WR), I'm good with it.

It's going to be defense, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 11:46 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-25-2024, 10:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 27% of receivers signed in the first round get a 2nd contract w/ the team that drafted them

You can help Trevor in other rounds as well. We have more rounds to help Trev after tonight.

It's reported on 1010 that there is some smoke with Xavier Worthy.

It'll go up some, but the last 3 drafts are pretty much an even split.

In 2020 you have Cee Dee and Justin Jefferson (who might get traded tonight) up against Ruggs, Reagor, Jeudy, Aiyuk (WMGTT also). I think it's likely Lamb is the only one still with his first team from that draft.

The 2021 darft is more to your point with Chase, Waddle, Devonta Smith likely and Bateman already resigned yesterday against just Kedarius Toney.

2022 is an even split with London, Wilson and Olave against The Gambler Jameson Williams, Jahan Dotson, and Tray Burks in tittian town.

I could be persuaded at 17, I can't move up to grab  one.