Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 - NFL Draft - Wish List

After tonight? Offensive lineman are all I care about...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Every single pick better be a oline

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2023, 05:05 PM by AnOldBrownie. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-05-2023, 12:40 AM)Caldrac Wrote: After tonight? Offensive lineman are all I care about...

Agreed. The two strongest interior offensive linemen on the board. C/G...

The defense needs a free agent NT.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(12-05-2023, 05:03 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 12:40 AM)Caldrac Wrote: After tonight? Offensive lineman are all I care about...

Agreed. The two strongest interior offensive linemen on the board. C/G...

The defense needs a free agent NT.

This. So much this. My prior wishlist is out the window. Give me a C, a G, a swing C/G, and a big, strong, mean NT.

Please, Santa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

WR seems to be the current wish for some of the local talking heads here on social media that bleed teal year in and year out. Which I find interesting. I have seen Jordan De Lugo mock Adonai Mitchell out of Texas recently and another local head mock Leggett out of South Carolina to us.

I have to say up front I honestly don't get it. We still need to see what happens with Ridley first and foremost, and, even then? You still have Kirk, Agnew (Maybe), Jones, Washington and Engram on offense to move the football with. You still have Etienne and I would imagine they'll figure out a way to get Strange and Bigsby more involved as second year players in this offense.

So, that really leaves the obvious holes that need to be resolved and that starts in the trenches. In particular, the interior. I don't know how any fan can look me in the face right now and say in full confidence that we need a WR first and foremost on the opening night of the draft, let alone, probably the 4th or 5th best one out of his class that would be available to us there anyway towards the bottom of RD1.

I have even seen some folks consider TRADING UP to draft a receiver. There's just no [BLEEP] way in hell for me that we can do that. We don't have the resources, I mean, sure, Baalke can fork over this pick and that pick, but, for a WR? It's a bad idea in my opinion. The only surefire receivers I like are Harrison Jr., Odunze and Coleman and those guys should be gone long before pick 20.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2023, 08:19 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

The usual needs for the jags. Offensive line in the middle and Cb, pass rush

At this point. I think we have to leave this draft with these three players:

1. Sedrick Van Pran - Center - Georgia

2. Jack Nelson - Tackle/Guard - Wisconsin

3. T'Vondre Sweat - Defensive Tackle / Nose Tackle - Texas

This team needs to get stronger, tougher and meaner in the trenches. Period. While some of these positions will have guys coming back healthier (maybe) or some investments made via free agency.

These are biggest three players that I want on this team next year. Absolute must have players. Trade up your [BLEEP] box day three picks if you have to but they need to make this happen.

These are easily upgrades and damn near perfect fits in my opinion.

(12-18-2023, 12:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: At this point. I think we have to leave this draft with these three players:

1. Sedrick Van Pran - Center - Georgia

2. Jack Nelson - Tackle/Guard - Wisconsin

3. T'Vondre Sweat - Defensive Tackle / Nose Tackle - Texas

This team needs to get stronger, tougher and meaner in the trenches. Period. While some of these positions will have guys coming back healthier (maybe) or some investments made via free agency.

These are biggest three players that I want on this team next year. Absolute must have players. Trade up your [BLEEP] box day three picks if you have to but they need to make this happen.

These are easily upgrades and damn near perfect fits in my opinion.

Definitely agree with the need to make the interior of both lines a priority. The only good thing about this late season collapse is a higher draft pick. Right now, they'd be picking in the early 20's. Much will obviously depend on if they are able to get it together and win the division, but that's looking much less likely due to the likely loss of Zay Jones against a hot Tampa team. I'm totally on board with trading up, if necessary, to make sure they get a center, guard and big DT who can penetrate. If they don't trade back in round 1, the guy I like most is Taliese Fuaga. He's a mauler who could start on day 1 at guard playing on the other side of Ezra Cleveland who will replace the over-paid and often injured Brandon Scherff. Sweat is definitely a high risk/high reward guy who can be inconsistent and will need to manage his weight. I'll leave that decision up to the scouts. No doubt, he has the physical traits and athleticism that very few possess at that size. They'd likely have to trade up in round 2 to get him. Van Pran seems to be the safest center in the draft, but I also like Zach Frazier and Jackson Powers-Johnson. All 3 are being mocked between the mid-2nd and mid-3rd rounds. If two are off the board by the middle of round 3, I wouldn't hesitate to trade up again. Baalke failed at doing this last season and ended up with an un-reliable running back and average tight end no better than the guy they already had on their roster. I'm not up on Jack Nelson, but I've seen him mocked as late as round 4 and he has the ability to play guard or tackle. I'll defer to you on that one.

I do wish this season would have turned out much better so we wouldn't be looking forward to the draft with 3 games remaining. I'm also assuming they don't re-sign Ridley due to his inconsistency, price tag and losing a 2nd rounder if he stays. That being said, I'd really like the prospect of having an offensive line of:

Little.  Cleveland.  Van Pran (or Frazier/Powers/Johnson).  Fuaga.  Harrison

Of course, Little needs to keep improving, but I believe he will. This line would be a huge improvement from this season.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2023, 12:24 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

My guy I want right now is Oregons center, Jackson Powers Johnson. He graded out the best center in run blocking and pass blocking as a junior. He would be a huge upgrade to our oline in run and pass blocking

https://youtu.be/YhYcJOJqmB0?si=k5qpa6tJ9u1EICTb

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/footba...-nfl-draft

Powers-Johnson finished the 2023 season as the highest-graded center in college football, according to Pro Football Focus. He graded out with an 84.3 offense grade, a 90.6 pass block grade, and an 85.2 run block grade---all marks that were No. 1 among centers.

JPJ signed with the Ducks as a four-star (0.9216 per 247Sports Composite) recruit in the 2021 class from Corner Canyon High School in Utah. During his first two seasons at Oregon he played all over the offensive line, primarily playing offensive guard.

His athleticism, quickness and power in space are all part of what made him so special in the trenches and he'll be the latest in a long line of Oregon offensive linemen in the NFL, following in the footsteps of players like Outland Trophy winner Penei Sewell (Detroit Lions), Hroniss Grasu (Las Vegas Raiders) and Shane Lemieux (New York Giants).

Cooper DeJean is another guy I'd love to add depending on how the draft falls in the first

(12-22-2023, 01:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Cooper DeJean is another guy I'd love to add depending on how the draft falls in the first

White guys can't play corner. Bust.

Seriously tho, I'd draft at a minimum 3 offensive lineman this year. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a WR in the first like the local guys are saying if we deem the guy as a stud #1 option. Zay is probably getting cut and we aren't as deep as people wanna think. It would be bleak next year after kirk and ridley.

(12-23-2023, 06:05 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(12-22-2023, 01:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Cooper DeJean is another guy I'd love to add depending on how the draft falls in the first

Seriously tho, I'd draft at a minimum 3 offensive lineman this year. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a WR in the first like the local guys are saying if we deem the guy as a stud #1 option. Zay is probably getting cut and we aren't as deep as people wanna think. It would be bleak next year after kirk and ridley.
That would be ideal. Last year the draft set up perfectly where we would of had a few lineman early if we taken the top guy.  Could of had Torrence and Jones.  They still have to take the top guy and draft the best players imo.  Hopefully the draft falls right for us.  We are not in position to reach for positions but they have almost backed their self into a corner because of how bad there draft board is.  I'm still open to any position in round 1.  We have to get a stud and the top guy.  I think rounds 2-4 will have quality guys on the interior, most drafts do.  Regardless we have to hit on the pick and we need to sign 1 in FA. We can cut Scherff

Can’t wait to draft a TE, RB or off ball linebacker because they’re at the top of the board…. Brilliant!

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2023, 10:04 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-23-2023, 09:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Can’t wait to draft a TE, RB or off ball linebacker because they’re at the top of the board…. Brilliant!

Their board sucks.  Need someone else in that office to make the bigboard. If we drafted Derrick Henry and Sam LaPorta we would be sitting much better right now

(12-23-2023, 06:05 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

Agree with you about drafting several offensive lineman. Wouldn't even object to taking a mauling guard like Taliese Fuaga from Washington in round 1, although he'll likely be unavailable. Fortunately, the best centers like Powers-Johnson and Van Pran are likely to be available in round 2. Right now, I'd sign up for Fuaga and Powers-Johnson and feel like the offensive line would no longer be a problem.

With regards to the receiving group, I believe they will keep Zay Jones despite his injuries this season. He would cost $6.5 million in dead cap money and is still someone Trevor relies on, when healthy. Ridley, on the other hand, will be a tougher decision. He has been very inconsistent on the field and it would be hard to justify paying him top dollar, especially when they'd also lose their 2nd round pick. Kirk, Zay and Engram are more than capable and hopefully someone like Washington or Cooks will show up big these next 3 weeks and earn a lot of playing time in 2024. I'd also draft a speed receiver like Xavier Worthy or Tony Franklin if either player is available in round 2 and then take the center in round 3, even if it requires trading up. After seeing what Tank Dell ( a 2nd rounder) did for the Texans, the importance of adding a true burner is obvious.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2023, 05:05 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-23-2023, 04:05 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-23-2023, 06:05 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: White guys can't play corner. Bust.

Agree with you about drafting several offensive lineman. Wouldn't even object to taking a mauling guard like Taliese Fuaga from Washington in round 1, although he'll likely be unavailable. Fortunately, the best centers like Powers-Johnson and Van Pran are likely to be available in round 2. Right now, I'd sign up for Fuaga and Powers-Johnson and feel like the offensive line would no longer be a problem.

With regards to the receiving group, I believe they will keep Zay Jones despite his injuries this season. He would cost $6.5 million in dead cap money and is still someone Trevor relies on, when healthy. Ridley, on the other hand, will be a tougher decision. He has been very inconsistent on the field and it would be hard to justify paying him top dollar, especially when they'd also lose their 2nd round pick. Kirk, Zay and Engram are more than capable and hopefully someone like Washington or Cooks will show up big these next 3 weeks and earn a lot of playing time in 2024. I'd also draft a speed receiver like Xavier Worthy or Tony Franklin if either player is available in round 2 and then take the center in round 3, even if it requires trading up. After seeing what Tank Dell ( a 2nd rounder) did for the Texans, the importance of adding a true burner is obvious.
Isnt he Oregon St. RT?  Would love for Powers Johnson to be there when we pick in the 2nd but if he has a good combine I dont think he will be there.  It really will depend on their combine.  Jer'Zhan Newton is the guy id really like to land in the first but I dont think he will be there when we pick. He would give us that interior pass rush that we have lacked for years.

(12-23-2023, 05:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-23-2023, 04:05 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Agree with you about drafting several offensive lineman. Wouldn't even object to taking a mauling guard like Taliese Fuaga from Washington in round 1, although he'll likely be unavailable. Fortunately, the best centers like Powers-Johnson and Van Pran are likely to be available in round 2. Right now, I'd sign up for Fuaga and Powers-Johnson and feel like the offensive line would no longer be a problem.

Isnt he Oregon St. RT?  Would love for Powers Johnson to be there when we pick in the 2nd but if he has a good combine I dont think he will be there.  It really will depend on their combine.  Jer'Zhan Newton is the guy id really like to land in the first but I dont think he will be there when we pick. He would give us that interior pass rush that we have lacked for years.

Yes, Fuaga plays right tackle at Oregon State. Some have him projected to move to guard where his mauling style is something the Jaguars could really use. I agree about Newton and his ability to rush the passer from the inside. Unfortunately, both those guys should be long gone when the Jaguars pick in round 1. The wide receiver class is very deep again and the possibility of Franklin/Worthy in round 2 would be difficult to pass on. The Jaguars could still get a very good interior OL in round 1 and a center in round 3 (trading up). No doubt this team has other needs such as interior DL and possibly another pass rusher which can be addressed either in free agency or later in the draft.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2023, 10:36 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-23-2023, 10:06 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-23-2023, 05:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Isnt he Oregon St. RT?  Would love for Powers Johnson to be there when we pick in the 2nd but if he has a good combine I dont think he will be there.  It really will depend on their combine.  Jer'Zhan Newton is the guy id really like to land in the first but I dont think he will be there when we pick. He would give us that interior pass rush that we have lacked for years.

Yes, Fuaga plays right tackle at Oregon State. Some have him projected to move to guard where his mauling style is something the Jaguars could really use. I agree about Newton and his ability to rush the passer from the inside. Unfortunately, both those guys should be long gone when the Jaguars pick in round 1. The wide receiver class is very deep again and the possibility of Franklin/Worthy in round 2 would be difficult to pass on. The Jaguars could still get a very good interior OL in round 1 and a center in round 3 (trading up). No doubt this team has other needs such as interior DL and possibly another pass rusher which can be addressed either in free agency or later in the draft.

Ok, you said Washington so I wasn't sure if you meant Fautanu. He would be a solid pick up to help this oline as well.  I like this oline class so we should be able to to improve the oline in a number of different rounds like we could have last year if they just pick good football players.  Their draft board has been horrendous as of late and it questions if they even watch tape on these guys or watch them play so I dunno. I don't think any other team in this league would have taken Strange over Torrence if they watched both play last year

Big Grin 

(12-23-2023, 10:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-23-2023, 10:06 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Yes, Fuaga plays right tackle at Oregon State. Some have him projected to move to guard where his mauling style is something the Jaguars could really use. I agree about Newton and his ability to rush the passer from the inside. Unfortunately, both those guys should be long gone when the Jaguars pick in round 1. The wide receiver class is very deep again and the possibility of Franklin/Worthy in round 2 would be difficult to pass on. The Jaguars could still get a very good interior OL in round 1 and a center in round 3 (trading up). No doubt this team has other needs such as interior DL and possibly another pass rusher which can be addressed either in free agency or later in the draft.

Ok, you said Washington so I wasn't sure if you meant Fautanu. He would be a solid pick up to help this oline as well.  I like this oline class so we should be able to to improve the oline in a number of different rounds like we could have last year if they just pick good football players.  Their draft board has been horrendous as of late and it questions if they even watch tape on these guys or watch them play so I dunno.  I don't think any other team in this league would have taken Strange over Torrence if they watched both play last year

I have a feeling that's not the 1st time I'll mix up Fuaga and Fautanu! They have the same initials, played in the Pac-12, played on the offensive line and both seem to have Hawaiin names. As you said, both guys would be good for our line. Fuaga is currently rated a top 15 pick while Fautanu is late 1st/early 2nd. I echo your thoughts on them taking Strange over Torrence. It's things like that drive me crazy on draft day!

This next drive will be crucial and extremely interesting.