Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 - NFL Draft - Wish List

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 10:00 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-24-2023, 12:18 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-23-2023, 10:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ok, you said Washington so I wasn't sure if you meant Fautanu. He would be a solid pick up to help this oline as well.  I like this oline class so we should be able to to improve the oline in a number of different rounds like we could have last year if they just pick good football players.  Their draft board has been horrendous as of late and it questions if they even watch tape on these guys or watch them play so I dunno.  I don't think any other team in this league would have taken Strange over Torrence if they watched both play last year

I have a feeling that's not the 1st time I'll mix up Fuaga and Fautanu! They have the same initials, played in the Pac-12, played on the offensive line and both seem to have Hawaiin names. As you said, both guys would be good for our line. Fuaga is currently rated a top 15 pick while Fautanu is late 1st/early 2nd. I echo your thoughts on them taking Strange over Torrence. It's things like that drive me crazy on draft day!

We are still in December, after the few elite prospects in this draft you have to take the slot projections with a grain of salt.  These guys could flip, both could move up, both could move down.  Really just depends on who you like at this point.  The Bowl games and combine will have people moving them up and down on boards.  Torrence was a 1st rounder at this point last year , hell even leading up to the draft, Dawand Jones should of went first round and he fell to the 3rd. Michael Swartz was also talked about going in the first who fell to the back of the 2nd like Torrence. Interior lineman have to be special to go in the first which is a good thing for us, if one has a not so good combine they could fall to the bacck of the 2nd, 3rd, or even later.  I bet there will be a very good one that falls to us in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, happens every year.  I do think we need to add another Hawaiian to this oline though.  Those dudes are always nasty and we have missed Manuwai. He was arguably our best G ever.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-24-2023, 09:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 12:18 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I have a feeling that's not the 1st time I'll mix up Fuaga and Fautanu! They have the same initials, played in the Pac-12, played on the offensive line and both seem to have Hawaiin names. As you said, both guys would be good for our line. Fuaga is currently rated a top 15 pick while Fautanu is late 1st/early 2nd. I echo your thoughts on them taking Strange over Torrence. It's things like that drive me crazy on draft day!

We are still in December, after the few elite prospects in this draft you have to take the slot projections with a grain of salt.  These guys could flip, both could move up, both could move down.  Really just depends on who you like at this point.  The Bowl games and combine will have people moving them up and down on boards.  Torrence was a 1st rounder at this point last year , hell even leading up to the draft, Dawand Jones should of went first round and he fell to the 3rd.  Michael Swartz was also talked about going in the first who fell to the back of the 2nd like Torrence.    Interior lineman have to be special to go in the first which is a good thing for us, if one has a not so good combine they could fall to the bacck of the 2nd, 3rd, or even later.  I bet there will be a very good one that falls to us in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, happens every year.  I do think we need to add another Hawaiian to this oline though.  Those dudes are always nasty and we have missed Manuwai. He was arguably our best G ever.

Agree with all of us. Manuwai was really good and also a mauler. Sadly, he died at a very young age (late 30's).

My wishlist is the same as everyone else. Offensive line early and often. But to be specific, if I had to pick one or the other, I'd rather get guys who are physical moreso than athletic. Ideally we'd reincarnate Kevin gogan 5 times. Mean nasty physical and dirty.

The problem is our offensive scheme is finesse. I'm worried that even if they address the line they'll try to find an athletic player instead of a physical one.

Washington tackle is the real deal
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

We are picking 22nd right now and if we lose the next 2 games we will be picking inside the top 20

(12-24-2023, 10:10 PM)rfc17 Wrote: My wishlist is the same as everyone else. Offensive line early and often. But to be specific, if I had to pick one or the other, I'd rather get guys who are physical moreso than athletic. Ideally we'd reincarnate Kevin gogan 5 times. Mean nasty physical and dirty.

The problem is our offensive scheme is finesse. I'm worried that even if they address the line they'll try to find an athletic player instead of a physical one.

I agree. They seem to want finesse type linemen rather than the nasty physical maulers.

If we lose the next 2 games, and miss the playoffs how far do yall think we would have to move up to get Malik Nabers? Gonna really watch Roduze as well.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2023, 02:40 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I have never seen these type of plays from Fortner. Dude finishes blocks

https://twitter.com/themicknartin/status...5367060611

(12-27-2023, 02:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jordan_Reid/status/1...5083170009

(12-27-2023, 02:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I have never seen these type of plays from Fortner.  Dude finishes blocks

Love to see it. We need a guy like that on this team. He looks like he knows not only what he is doing but he also looks like he truly enjoys destroying people.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2023, 07:20 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-28-2023, 06:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 02:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jordan_Reid/status/1...5083170009

(12-27-2023, 02:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I have never seen these type of plays from Fortner.  Dude finishes blocks

Love to see it. We need a guy like that on this team. He looks like he knows not only what he is doing but he also looks like he truly enjoys destroying people.

For sure, he love to run out and put people in the dirt.  You dont see many centers doing the things he does.  Look at some of this [BLEEP], love the way he plays.  He likes to try an burry people., he reminds me of Kelce

https://youtu.be/SsldsSIl7Y4?si=A_ixNcSuYZ-_g_Um

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2024, 09:30 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Still early but my realistic dream draft in the first few rounds would Johnny Newton in the first and Powers Johnson in the 2nd. I really want to see how these 2 move at the combine. It would be a huge upgrade to both interior lines

(12-26-2023, 07:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we lose the next 2 games, and miss the playoffs how far do yall think we would have to move up to get Malik Nabers?  Gonna really watch Roduze as well.

Nabers and odunze will both be top 15 picks imo. Rome would be my choice of the 2 but I don't think you could go wrong with either. Would be nice to get an actual 1 in here for trevor.

(01-04-2024, 09:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Still early but my realistic dream draft in the first few rounds would Johnny Newton in the first and Powers Johnson in the 2nd.  I really want to see how these 2 move at the combine.  It would be a huge upgrade to both interior lines

Newton and Powers-Johnson are both intriguing players and it is a possibility that both will be on the Board for the Jaguars. Newton may "fall" to the Jaguars due to his size limitations. Kancey dropped for these reasons and has been so-so in his rookie season. Newton is going to be a better run stopper than Kancey, but he is not a nose tackle. As you said, he would be an upgrade who could apply pressure from the interior. The team will need to decide between the true nose tackle who will open things up for Allen ad Walker or someone like Newton. The 2 nose tackles I like are Sweat from Texas and McKinley Jackson from Texas A&M. Like Vita Vea, these two would be "huge" assets who would command double-teams which would open up things up for the pass rushers. It's a good possibility that one of these would be available in round 2 with the slight chance Jackson would fall to round 3.

Powers-Johnson would be a definite upgrade from Fortner and should also be available in round 2. All will depend on whether Jacksonville prefers to take one of the free agents (Connor Williams, Cushenberry) who would not have the learning curve of a rookie like Powers-Johnson. The interior of the OL needs to be the number 1 priority during the off-season with at least 2 upgrades.

This is a great time for the Jaguars' fanatic fans who can look forward to winning a 2nd straight AFC South title followed up by the playoffs and then the NFL draft!

(01-04-2024, 12:52 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 09:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Still early but my realistic dream draft in the first few rounds would Johnny Newton in the first and Powers Johnson in the 2nd.  I really want to see how these 2 move at the combine.  It would be a huge upgrade to both interior lines

Newton and Powers-Johnson are both intriguing players and it is a possibility that both will be on the Board for the Jaguars. Newton may "fall" to the Jaguars due to his size limitations. Kancey dropped for these reasons and has been so-so in his rookie season. Newton is going to be a better run stopper than Kancey, but he is not a nose tackle. As you said, he would be an upgrade who could apply pressure from the interior. The team will need to decide between the true nose tackle who will open things up for Allen ad Walker or someone like Newton. The 2 nose tackles I like are Sweat from Texas and McKinley Jackson from Texas A&M. Like Vita Vea, these two would be "huge" assets who would command double-teams which would open up things up for the pass rushers. It's a good possibility that one of these would be available in round 2 with the slight chance Jackson would fall to round 3.

Powers-Johnson would be a definite upgrade from Fortner and should also be available in round 2. All will depend on whether Jacksonville prefers to take one of the free agents (Connor Williams, Cushenberry) who would not have the learning curve of a rookie like Powers-Johnson. The interior of the OL needs to be the number 1 priority during the off-season with at least 2 upgrades.

This is a great time for the Jaguars' fanatic fans who can look forward to winning a 2nd straight AFC South title followed up by the playoffs and then the NFL draft!

Sweat is a monster.  I'd love to add him as well but I think they will be counting on Hamilton to get back to 100% next year and if they don't it's a huge need.  I thought about adding Connor in FA before the ACL tear but I'd pass on a zone blocking center that had a ACL tear late in the year.  We need a center that can move people.  Biadasz I think is a possibility if they want a vet C.  Dallas oline has been very good with Biadasz at center and I think he could play in any scheme.  Newton would be a 5 tech on early downs and you could move him inside on passing downs.  It's a great time to be a Jags fan if we beat Ten. Sunday lol

(01-04-2024, 01:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 12:52 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Newton and Powers-Johnson are both intriguing players and it is a possibility that both will be on the Board for the Jaguars. Newton may "fall" to the Jaguars due to his size limitations. Kancey dropped for these reasons and has been so-so in his rookie season. Newton is going to be a better run stopper than Kancey, but he is not a nose tackle. As you said, he would be an upgrade who could apply pressure from the interior. The team will need to decide between the true nose tackle who will open things up for Allen ad Walker or someone like Newton. The 2 nose tackles I like are Sweat from Texas and McKinley Jackson from Texas A&M. Like Vita Vea, these two would be "huge" assets who would command double-teams which would open up things up for the pass rushers. It's a good possibility that one of these would be available in round 2 with the slight chance Jackson would fall to round 3.

Sweat is a monster.  I'd love to add him as well but I think they will be counting on Hamilton to get back to 100% next year and if they don't it's a huge need.  I thought about adding Connor in FA before the ACL tear but I'd pass on a zone blocking center that had a ACL tear late in the year.  We need a center that can move people.  Biadasz I think is a possibility if they want a vet C.  Dallas oline has been very good with Biadasz at center and I think he could play in any scheme.  Newton would be a 5 tech on early downs and you could move him inside on passing downs.  It's a great time to be a Jags fan if we beat Ten. Sunday lol

I really hope Hamilton does get back to the level he was playing at when they rewarded him with that generous contract extension. Another factor in the draft will be what they do with Ridley. As it now stands, they will definitely lose their 3rd round pick since Ridley has played on 85% of the snaps- well exceeding the 70% needed. They need to decide whether he is worth keeping based on his performance this season. This is definitely not an easy call, in my opinion. Is it worth paying him somewhere between $15-$20 million per year for 3-4 years and lose that valuable 2nd round pick? For those who say the obvious answer is "no," would the Jaguars be in position to win the AFC South for the 2nd consecutive year without him? I doubt it. The more important question is whether our expectations for him were too high considering the amount of time he missed and whether it's reasonable to believe he is capable of producing like he did in 2020 for the Falcons (almost 1400 yds. and 9 t.d.'s). My biggest concern for him is mental, not physical. Unfortunately, that's harder for the team to evaluate and the last thing you want to do is pay him all that money only to have him have a re-occurrence of the depression he experienced. Don't mean to sound callous, as I have nothing against the guy, but re-signing him does have that risk. I do wish that this decision was not in Baalke's hands, but that's another topic.

Believe me, I do not consider the Titans game an easy win. If the Jaguars allow them to stay in the game early, they could easily break our hearts just like in the 1998-99 season.

(01-04-2024, 07:32 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 01:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sweat is a monster.  I'd love to add him as well but I think they will be counting on Hamilton to get back to 100% next year and if they don't it's a huge need.  I thought about adding Connor in FA before the ACL tear but I'd pass on a zone blocking center that had a ACL tear late in the year.  We need a center that can move people.  Biadasz I think is a possibility if they want a vet C.  Dallas oline has been very good with Biadasz at center and I think he could play in any scheme.  Newton would be a 5 tech on early downs and you could move him inside on passing downs.  It's a great time to be a Jags fan if we beat Ten. Sunday lol

I really hope Hamilton does get back to the level he was playing at when they rewarded him with that generous contract extension. Another factor in the draft will be what they do with Ridley. As it now stands, they will definitely lose their 3rd round pick since Ridley has played on 85% of the snaps- well exceeding the 70% needed. They need to decide whether he is worth keeping based on his performance this season. This is definitely not an easy call, in my opinion. Is it worth paying him somewhere between $15-$20 million per year for 3-4 years and lose that valuable 2nd round pick? For those who say the obvious answer is "no," would the Jaguars be in position to win the AFC South for the 2nd consecutive year without him? I doubt it. The more important question is whether our expectations for him were too high considering the amount of time he missed and whether it's reasonable to believe he is capable of producing like he did in 2020 for the Falcons (almost 1400 yds. and 9 t.d.'s). My biggest concern for him is mental, not physical. Unfortunately, that's harder for the team to evaluate and the last thing you want to do is pay him all that money only to have him have a re-occurrence of the depression he experienced. Don't mean to sound callous, as I have nothing against the guy, but re-signing him does have that risk. I do wish that this decision was not in Baalke's hands, but that's another topic.

Believe me, I do not consider the Titans game an easy win. If the Jaguars allow them to stay in the game early, they could easily break our hearts just like in the 1998-99 season.

Agreed on Ridley.  This is actually his 2nd highest yards in a season of his career with one game to go.  He should actually have much more yards this year as well because he leads the league in drawing PI and most of those penalties would of been for big yards down field.  He should have at least 1100 yards imo if it wasn't for all the PI calls he draws.  Also with the loss of Zay and Kirk has hurt him a little as well.  I think how he ends the season could impact the decision as well.  Hopefully he has a huge game this weekend against that Titans D.  I hope he shows out and my hope is we can sign Allen to a long term deal and tag Ridley and let him know it's because we don't want to lose the 2nd then we can resign him next year

Powers Johnson is probably the guy i want most right now. They more I think about it the more I think he goes in the first. The combine will be big for him and if he tests well I think he will be a first round lock or very early 2nd at the latest. I think dude can be elite if he moves well in his tests. When you think about the top olines they all have a great centers Chiefs, Lions, Ravens, Eagles etc. Probably the 4 best olines and the 4 best centers. 4 centers that are good against the run and pass and Powers Johnson was the best at both in his only year starting at C.

(01-06-2024, 11:56 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Powers Johnson is probably the guy i want most right now.  They more I think about it the more I think he goes in the first.  The combine will be big for him and if he tests well I think he will be a first round lock or very early 2nd at the latest.  I think dude can be elite if he moves well in his tests.  When you think about the top olines they all have a great centers  Chiefs, Lions, Ravens, Eagles etc.  Probably the 4 best olines and the 4 best centers.  4 centers that are good against the run and pass and Powers Johnson was the best at both in his only year starting at C.
When your first name is powers you can only be destined for good things

Anybody know where out pick is looking like it will be?