Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
General NFL stuff discussion

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/sport...109580007/

I like Gene Frenette. He’s a great local sports reporter. But Justin Herbert is an elite quarterback?

The outcome of an NCAA investigation into the sign-stealing may not be known for several weeks. For the polarizing Harbaugh, who rightfully basked in the glow of outcoaching seven-time national champion Nick Saban, the scrutiny he’s endured has increased speculation he may soon leave his alma mater to return to the NFL.

Harbaugh's obvious potential destination would be the Los Angeles Chargers with elite quarterback Justin Herbert, but the first order of business is delivering a national championship for the Wolverines…

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm starting to think that this guy is just a poorly written AI Program.

[Image: Screenshot-20240105-113509-X.jpg]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Lol.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2024, 07:55 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-05-2024, 11:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://www.jacksonville.com/story/sport...109580007/

I like Gene Frenette. He’s a great local sports reporter. But Justin Herbert is an elite quarterback?

The outcome of an NCAA investigation into the sign-stealing may not be known for several weeks. For the polarizing Harbaugh, who rightfully basked in the glow of outcoaching seven-time national champion Nick Saban, the scrutiny he’s endured has increased speculation he may soon leave his alma mater to return to the NFL.

Harbaugh's obvious potential destination would be the Los Angeles Chargers with elite quarterback Justin Herbert, but the first order of business is delivering a national championship for the Wolverines…

Justin Herbert has elite talent.  I strongly believe that.

What is your opinion of him?

(01-06-2024, 06:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-05-2024, 11:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://www.jacksonville.com/story/sport...109580007/

Justin Herbert has elite talent.  I strongly believe that.

What is your opinion of him?

Herbert has elite level talent sometimes. He lacks the main ingredient of the truly elite, which is consistency. He may evolve into that rarified stratum eventually, but as for now, he's a very good talent whose occasional flounders keep him amongst the mere mortals.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 01:44 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

My son just told me Vrabel has been fired. If so, Tennessee made a big mistake.

Confirmed. They just announced it on 1010.

(01-09-2024, 01:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My son just told me Vrabel has been fired. If so, Tennessee made a big mistake.

Confirmed. They just announced it on 1010.

Vrabel been on the hot seat for a while. I didn't think beating Jax was going to remedy that.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Pete Carroll out. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/seahawks-report...25802.html

(01-10-2024, 03:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Pete Carroll out. 

If that's the last we see of Pete Carrol on the sidelines and it probably is, he had a great career.

(01-10-2024, 03:46 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 03:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Pete Carroll out. 

If that's the last we see of Pete Carrol on the sidelines and it probably is, he had a great career.

Agreed.  

Dan Quinn and Mike Vrabel come to mind as prime candidates to be the next Seattle Seahawks HC.

(01-10-2024, 04:26 PM)D6 Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 03:46 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If that's the last we see of Pete Carrol on the sidelines and it probably is, he had a great career.

Agreed.  

Dan Quinn and Mike Vrabel come to mind as prime candidates to be the next Seattle Seahawks HC.

I spoke too soon on Pete’s behalf apparently.

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/statu...DLxwjCos5Q

(01-10-2024, 06:07 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 04:26 PM)D6 Wrote: Agreed.  

I spoke too soon on Pete’s behalf apparently.

If Pete Carroll decides he wants to continue coaching, the LA Chargers probably would be a good match. The Chargers need a HC with winning HC experience on the NFL level. Carroll would provide this, as well as being a coach who had huge success in Los Angeles on the college level, with USC.  This is a franchise that hasn't had a home field advantage since coming back to LA in 2017.  The level of fan interest in the Chargers in LA would likely increase substantially if Carroll became the HC and the team finally played to their potential.

(01-10-2024, 11:15 PM)D6 Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 06:07 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I spoke too soon on Pete’s behalf apparently.

If Pete Carroll decides he wants to continue coaching, the LA Chargers probably would be a good match. The Chargers need a HC with winning HC experience on the NFL level. Carroll would provide this, as well as being a coach who had huge success in Los Angeles on the college level, with USC.  This is a franchise that hasn't had a home field advantage since coming back to LA in 2017.  The level of fan interest in the Chargers in LA would likely increase substantially if Carroll became the HC and the team finally played to their potential.

Justin Herbert would be grateful, as well.

(01-10-2024, 11:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 11:15 PM)D6 Wrote: If Pete Carroll decides he wants to continue coaching, the LA Chargers probably would be a good match. The Chargers need a HC with winning HC experience on the NFL level. Carroll would provide this, as well as being a coach who had huge success in Los Angeles on the college level, with USC.  This is a franchise that hasn't had a home field advantage since coming back to LA in 2017.  The level of fan interest in the Chargers in LA would likely increase substantially if Carroll became the HC and the team finally played to their potential.

Justin Herbert would be grateful, as well.

Indeed.  The heavy emphasis on the running game that Pete Carroll prefers would help Justin Herbert greatly in the most important category, winning more games.

I was a little surprised about Pete Carroll. He will be an interesting act to follow. He’s been a winning coach.

This will be an interesting offseason.

(01-10-2024, 11:15 PM)D6 Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 06:07 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I spoke too soon on Pete’s behalf apparently.

Yes, I am sure there are a few people, mostly USC alumni that would like to talk to him.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(01-14-2024, 02:27 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 11:15 PM)D6 Wrote: If Pete Carroll decides he wants to continue coaching, the LA Chargers probably would be a good match. The Chargers need a HC with winning HC experience on the NFL level. Carroll would provide this, as well as being a coach who had huge success in Los Angeles on the college level, with USC.  This is a franchise that hasn't had a home field advantage since coming back to LA in 2017.  The level of fan interest in the Chargers in LA would likely increase substantially if Carroll became the HC and the team finally played to their potential.

Yes, I am sure there are a few people, mostly USC alumni that would like to talk to him.

Even with the probation and sanctions that the NCAA put on USC, Pete Carroll gave USC many great years of college football memories and accomplishments that I believe a large % of their longtime fans still appreciate. For the first and only time since the 1970s, the Pete Carroll era was when USC was at or near the top of the college football mountaintop.

The consensus take around the league talking heads including lots of former NFL head coaches is that the offense in LA was severely held back by coaching. I think they are probably right to some degree.