Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's been fun... but... here's 8 things.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 05:08 PM by Caldrac.)

I would think the following moves need to happen immediately this off season.

1. Baalke needs to go. Built the team backwards and we've wasted two years with skill position players trying to compensate for poor trench play.

2. Caldwell needs to go. Too much money tied up to be mediocre on defense and sometimes below medicore.

3. Rauscher needs to go. Offensive line is the achille's heel of this team.

4. Taylor needs to go. Offense was off all year. I don't think it's all on him but I believe Doug needs to be in charge.

5. Doug needs to resume offensive play calling in it's entierty if he's going to continue to play analytics instead of intelligence decision making wise.

6. New hire in the front office needs to resign Allen, let Ridley walk, sign Higgins, sign top available Center and draft another two lineman that can start immediately.

7. The running game, the approach, the philosophy and the scheme need to be different and better. Hasn't worked in two years.

8. Invest in a capable back up at QB that is head and shoulders above Beathard just in case Lawrence can't improve in year four or gets injured.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This loss today more on coaching and front office than players

(01-07-2024, 05:10 PM)Haterade Wrote: This loss today more on coaching and front office than players

Trevor's 3 bad balls to end the game would disagree.

(01-07-2024, 05:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 8. Invest in a capable back up at QB that is head and shoulders above Beathard just in case Lawrence can't improve in year four or gets injured.

Either he is the guy or he isn't. If we don't trust him we need to draft someone in Round 1 and trade Trevor. 

I'm far from his biggest fan but there's no way we don't let him play year 4. As is normal the backup won't be a threat to replace him. Virtually no teams with a proven starter do that. 

If we're wondering about his true ability then we delay the new contract even if's going to be more expensive.

Breaking Trevor all year. He is a talent but they wasted his first contract.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

You, NYC4JAGS, Flsportsgod et all were all proven right with questioning the FOs previous draft approach. It's the turnstile of a O-line and ineffective interior D-line that led to the team's collapse. So you got that going for you; which is nice.

Could've seen Henry retire today but who knows now? Maybe he'll return to continue haunting us

(01-07-2024, 05:17 PM)Haterade Wrote: Could've seen Henry retire today but who knows now? Maybe he'll return to continue haunting us

If anything, this will make him more appealing to land on a new team next offseason.

(01-07-2024, 05:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I would think the following moves need to happen immediately this off season.

1. Baalke needs to go. Built the team backwards and we've wasted two years with skill position players trying to compensate for poor trench play.

2. Caldwell needs to go. Too much money tied up to be mediocre on defense and sometimes below medicore.

3. Rauscher needs to go. Offensive line is the achille's heel of this team.

4. Taylor needs to go. Offense was off all year. I don't think it's all on him but I believe Doug needs to be in charge.

5. Doug needs to resume offensive play calling in it's entierty if he's going to continue to play analytics instead of intelligence decision making wise.

6. New hire in the front office needs to resign Allen, let Ridley walk, sign Higgins, sign top available Center and draft another two lineman that can start immediately.

7. The running game, the approach, the philosophy and the scheme need to be different and better. Hasn't worked in two years.

8. Invest in a capable back up at QB that is head and shoulders above Beathard just in case Lawrence can't improve in year four or gets injured.

Agree with all of those
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I think keeping Ridley is a good idea. He went over 1k on the year and if Trevor delivers a better throw he scores to bring it close.

Doug is a problem though man. How do you call three straight throws from the 1.

I agree with everything except letting Ridley walk. I would extend Allen and tag Ridley. Good post though

(01-07-2024, 05:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I agree with everything except letting Ridley walk. I would extend Allen and tag Ridley. Good post though
I don't think he's worth it anymore. Would rather have that additional 2nd or 3rd RD pick with the idea that Baalke is out of the front office and a better personnel decision maker is in charge.

He had his fair share of drops and TDs that the elites make weekly. He's not elite. Bring in Higgins and save that pick for a potential WR to develop or a starting quality LG or RG.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-07-2024, 05:20 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: I think keeping Ridley is a good idea.  He went over 1k on the year and if Trevor delivers a better throw he scores to bring it close.

Doug is a problem though man.  How do you call three straight throws from the 1.

When you don’t trust your center and guards to do their jobs.

(01-07-2024, 05:17 PM)Haterade Wrote: Could've seen Henry retire today but who knows now? Maybe he'll return to continue haunting us

Or the Jags could sign him?

If Doug doesn't want to fire his OC and DC, he needs to go.

Agree with all the rest...

This was an absolute disaster of a season.  And the HC is responsible for it just as much as the bad players.  

Next year Pederson is on the hot seat, for me.  Dude took a travesty of a team under Urban Meyer and made us a legitimate team.  Then this year decided to take a vacation.  If he doesn't hold himself accountable for the absolute joke of a team we just watched for the last 5 months, then he needs to be replaced with a younger HC that actually has passion for his craft.

Oh, and Press Taylor?

I told you so.  Dude is trash.  Has been trash, and should never have been OC.  That alone should make people doubt Pederson's decision making.  This team looks like they don't practice during the week.

(01-07-2024, 05:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I agree with everything except letting Ridley walk.  I would extend Allen and tag Ridley.  Good post though

Problem with tagging Ridley is that the full amount of the $20 million hits the cap and limits ability to maneuver in FA.

Plus most of the baord wants to fix the OLine with FA's. Cannot do both.

(01-07-2024, 05:30 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I agree with everything except letting Ridley walk.  I would extend Allen and tag Ridley.  Good post though

Problem with tagging Ridley is that the full amount of the $20 million hits the cap and limits ability to maneuver in FA.

This. Let the guy walk. Get a better offensive and defensive line. Teams can have trash everything else but still win as long as their defensive and offensive lines are good.

(01-07-2024, 05:30 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

Ridley isn't really a game changing WR with this team.  Maybe it's because our OC and HC can't figure out how to use him.  But at this point, if we're keeping our trash coaching staff, might as well let Ridley go to another team that has the intelligence to use him to the best of his ability.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 05:35 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ridley is ineffective because our line is trash, imo. I think he's still got a ton of potential. I don't want to break the bank to keep him, but he's got talent.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 05:39 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-07-2024, 05:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
I don't think he's worth it anymore. Would rather have that additional 2nd or 3rd RD pick with the idea that Baalke is out of the front office and a better personnel decision maker is in charge.

He had his fair share of drops and TDs that the elites make weekly. He's not elite. Bring in Higgins and save that pick for a potential WR to develop or a starting quality LG or RG.

The 3rd is already gone as the trade compensation, there's no saving it.  The question is what does "in season extension" mean as the qualifier to turn it into a 2nd?  Does that mean if he's extended before the league year ends or before the actual 17 game regular season ends?  If it's the latter, then the compensation is now set at a 3rd rounder as he had to have hit the play time qualifier to get it to a 3rd but has not signed an extension to push it to a 2nd.

So, if that is indeed the scenario, you can view Ridley as a free agent and determine whether you are interested in signing him or not.  The trade and the compensation are over with and no longer matter in the decision to re-sign him or not.