Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars All 30 Team (From a Day 1 die hard)

This is a tribute to the upcoming 2024 season, which will mark the 30th season in Jacksonville Jaguars History. There are no rules as to how many years a player was in a Jaguars uniform, etc. but this list is based on impact a player made on the football field and helped this franchise make the playoffs and big time games/seasons. It will not be based on how many starts a player had or any other lazy research. 

This is from a die hard fan that has never missed a snap in franchise history and will come from a true fan’s perspective. 

This is final draft of 4, and 2 months of research. 

1. Tony Boselli - the only player in franchise history that’s been enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Boselli was the best offensive lineman in the NFL throughout the mid to late 1990’s. Played on 4 playoff teams.

2. Fred Taylor - over shadowed by 1 off type seasons from other backs in the AFC, but the players knew Taylor was one of the best backs in the NFL every season. Ranks up top with the best backs of all-time with runs of 10 yards or more, 20 yards or more, 40, 50, and 60. Should have made 4 pro bowls. Adrian Peterson was the Fred Taylor of his era. Taylor still leads all non-qbs in all purpose yards in franchise history, with 14,079 yards and he played on 4 playoff teams. 

3. Jimmy Smith - 5 calendar years from the time he was drafted until he became a 16 game starter, led the league in receptions in 1999 and should have made 1st team all-pro that season. Smith also had another season in which he came up 1 reception shy of leading the league in catches for the 2nd time in his career. Smith should have made 6 pro bowls but got snubbed in 1996 by Keenan. He was 3rd in Jaguars history for all purpose yards by a non-qb, with 12,875. Jimmy made 5 pro bowls and will always be the greatest wide receiver in franchise history. He played on team record 5 playoff teams and is also the player apart of most wins in team history with 93. If you add the post-season and preseason, Jimmy Smith was apart of over 100 wins for this franchise. Still the only player in team history with 2 special teams TDs in the same game and many other records including 15 291 and 3 against the best defense of all-time in the 2000 Ravens. 

4. Mark Brunell - 3 pro bowls, including pro bowl mvp. 2 AFC Title games. 4 straight playoffs. Led all QBs in the league in passing yards and rushing yards in 1996. He was a huge part of the early success of this franchise. Brunell brought a different element that caught the NFL by surprise which was his legs and he was compared to Steve Young early in his career. Brunell has made 3 of the top 100 passes in NFL HISTORY according to ‘NFL Throwback’ Mark’s throw to Smith up in Denver will be cemented in the Jacksonville Jaguars Legacy and History forever. We had a legit shot at the Super Bowl in just the 2nd season of the franchise. Fans were going bonkers. He played on 4 playoff teams. 

5. Jones-Drew - 2nd most all purpose yards with 13,282. He could run it, catch it, throw it, return it, he did it all. 3 pro bowls. Most career TDs in team history and was responsible for being national media attention. Knocked Marriman slap out, just knocked him out bro. 1 playoff team

6. Tony Brackens - from 1999 to 2001 Brackens racked up 30.5 sacks. He made some of the biggest defensive plays in team history. I remember up in Pittsburgh against ‘Slash’ Kordell Stewart, Tony sacked him for a safety and on the very next series Tony sacked him again and forced a fumble. His first step is better than any defensive lineman in NFL history. He finished with 5 interceptions as a DE. He made game-altering plays on the regular. Played on 4 playoff teams 

7. Rashean Mathis - led the league in picks for a season. Made a pro bowl. Was drafted as a safety but became the best CB in franchise history. Played on 2 playoff teams. Still leads all Jaguar players in interceptions. 

8. Keenan McCardell - was a huge part of early team success. Gave the Jaguars one of the best WR tandems of all time. Moved those chains so many times. Always a team first guy. 4 playoffs. 

9. Calais Campbell - AFC Defensive Player of the Year. 30+ sacks in 3 years. 1 of the best signings in team history. Was a great leader. 1 playoff team.

10. Jalen Ramsey - All Pro, Pro Bowl, he will be one of the best CBs of all time once he retires. The defensive mentality changed for the good once he arrived in Jacksonville. 1 playoff team. 

11. Marcus Stroud - one of the best interior defensive lineman of his era and certainly in team history. 

12. Leon Searcy - I wanted to put him at the #10 spot, but I decided this was a solid spot. Searcy was the true ‘blind-side’ blocker for Mark Brunell. He excelled in every aspect of an offensive lineman. He was a leader and had natural athleticism for a big man. Just a pros pro and a mans man. Leon made the playoffs in every year in his NFL career. 4 with Jacksonville. Searcy is the 2nd best offensive lineman in Jaguars history.

13. John Henderson - Him and Stroud were like twins. They wrecked offensive lines year in and year out. John with the legendary “COME ON JOE THAT WUTTIN GOOD ENOUGH” **slapped in the face….OK JOE NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT, LETS GOOO, proceeds to walk through doors as if they are made out of paper. Dude was straight up crazy, but in a good way. 

14. Donovin Darius - the hardest hitting player in franchise history. I watched Darius hit Chris Chambers and knock himself out. But he knocked plenty of guys out including Kyle Brady, Keyshawn Johnson, Chris Chambers, Robert Ferguson, Jerome Bettis, Iron head Heyward and many others. There is a clip that was surfaced years ago when Darius hit Bettis in a scrimmage and the pop/thump was the loudest I ever heard in Jaguars history. 

15. Josh Allen - He’s primed to become the greatest defensive player in franchise history. He just came off a record setting season and is now 10 away from tying Brackens. This guy has become an absolute beast! He will soon be the highest paid player in franchise history for offense and/or defense. 2 playoff teams.

16. Telvin Smith - if I could have 10 other Telvin Smiths, I’d never lose a football game. He embodies what it is to get the most out of a late round draft pick. Undersized, lacked elite speed, vertical and other measurables were all average, but when the football was snapped he became a player that was possessed and it was infectious. You could tell his mother always told him it don’t matter how big they are….because the bigger they are….they harder they fall. He would have easily become the best LB in team history but he retired early. 

17. Kevin Hardy - 4-3 outside backer that could rush the passer and had elite athleticism for his size. He was the only LB to have 10 or more sacks in a single season until Josh Allen. Hardy had one of the best Jaguars NFL debuts. 4 playoff teams 

18. Brad Meester - played guard and then moved to Center. Linder could have went here but Meester gets the nod forget about the most starts in team history. Brad played against some of the best interior defensive lineman of all time and most of the time he did his thing. We got a lot of miles out of Brad and you don’t hang around the NFL for long if you can’t play. 

19. Mike Peterson - he could have went where Telvin went, but I thought this was a good spot. Uber athletic twitchy middle backer that would go head up with any back in the league and drive them backwards. Thick build with quick steps to the ball and no wasted motion and no hesitation. Just a thumper and would lay out for the interception and then would return it and try to score. 

20. Paul Posluszny - the last true middle linebacker. Tackling machine and rarely missed. If he target you, you was going down where he hit you. Had great tracking ability. 

21. Aaron Beasley - played in more big time games than any other CB in team history. This dude could play. Leads the team in career “returned touchdowns.” He’s the 2nd best Jaguars CB in most circles. Had a huuuge playoff game against Miami. Dreamed of 2 of em and got 2!

22. Kyle Brady - Mercedes Lewis gets brought up for being the best blocking TE but hold your horses…Kyle is the best. Helped the Jaguars to the best record in football in 1999. 

23. Chris Naoele - probably one of the best offensive guards in franchise history with him and Manny. But Chris gets this spot. He once came out of retirement to help our line out and didn’t do bad. The franchise needed him in a big way and he delivered. 

24. Daryl Smith - one of the best outside 4-3 backers in team history. Sure-tackler, athletic, high football iq, and was an outstanding defensive player for this franchise for several years. You could count on him and trust that he would play his assignment. 

25. Gary Walker - before Stroud and Big Hen came along, Gary was the best interior defensive lineman in team history. Still the only inside guy to have a 10 sack season. Made some big plays for this team.

26. AJ Bouye - Ramsey got showered with all the media love but Bouye quietly had just as good a season as Ramsey did in 2017 and will go down as one of the best acquisitions in franchise history. He came in his first season and delivered and was a huge part of sacksonville. 

27. Brandon Linder - just like Meester, he came in as a guard but then was moved to Center and was one of the top players in the league at his position. Linder is still the highest paid center in Jaguars history. 

28. Yannick Ngakoue - probably one of the best 3rd round picks in franchise history. Put up sack numbers in bunches and also led the NFL in forced fumbles in a season. He ranks 3rd all time in sacks in Jaguars History.

29. Joel Smeenge - Joel was Mr. consistent during his Jaguars days 34 sacks is still towards the top of the leader board for a franchise that is going into the 30th season. He will also be up there with some of the best offseason acquisitions in team history. He was always a crowd favorite with the “Jooooooeeeeelllll Smeengggeeeeee”

30. Evan Engram - Mercedes Lewis fans will be upset with the final spot, but what Engram has done in the last 2 seasons is unprecedented for this franchise. Engram just came off a 100+ catch season and has now broken the TE franchise record 2 years in a row for receptions and yards. He’s racking up catches and yards quicker than any TE in team history and will entering his 3rd season in a Jaguars uniform in the 2024 season. 

If I had to pick a 31st player to put on the list it would be Dave Thomas. He was not a full-time starter but he made the best of his time when he saw the field. If you go back and watch some early games in our team’s history you will see #41 a lot. Big CB with good speed and strong. He would lock up some big time receivers and was not afraid to lay the wood or dive for a tipped pass. He was electric with the fans and was also a crucial part of the teams success in the early years. 

Here’s to another 30 years right here in Jacksonville, Florida where it was always the Jaguars. 

-JagFanatic24

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good list. Don't have the energy to make my own list and it'd likely be very similar. A few thoughts and differences I'd have.

Marcedes over Brady. More yards per game. 2nd all time in td receptions and a great blocker. Should have never let him leave.

I'd drop Ramsey. Didnt like the way he left so screw him. Also had fewer INTs than Poz so doesn't even make a dent in the record books.

I'd love to sneak in Natrone. That run in 96 is still the best moment in jags history in my opinion and he was a huge part of that.

Also would love to find a spot for Scobee. So many memorable field goals.

Very comprehensive list. Hard to quibble over the rankings. My immediate thoughts:

1. Boselli, Taylor and Jimmy Smith clearly the top 3. I'd have no problem switching the order as they were all fantastic players during their time with the team. Taylor will also make the HOF and J-Smooth is also worthy.

2.Totally agree with rfc 17 regarding Ramsay. My least favorite Jaguar of all-time by a mile.

3. Calais, Poz and Scobee were my 3 favorite players. They were great both on and off the field.

4. Totally agree with you regarding Telvin Smith. Probably the best value draft pick in team history. 5th rounder who I believe made the players' list of top 100 players twice.

5. I'm anxious to see how high Josh Allen and Engram will rank once their careers with the team are over.

6. Trevor Lawrence justifiably is absent from this list. My hope and expectation is that he will eventually earn a high spot on this list after leading the team to the Super Bowl!

Kudos to you for being such a loyal fan!

Trevor is the best QB this franchise has had

Certainly deserves a spot over AJ Bouye hahahaha

Evan Engram is the best TE in this franchises history easily, definitely him over Brady, hell I put Mercedes over Brady

I put Maurice Williams on the list at the number 30 spot until Evan Engram had a 100+ catch season. I also had Vince Manuwai in the late 20’s but decided to remove him from the list.

I would have Williams ranked #32 and Manny at #33 Mercedes Lewis #34 Trevor Lawrence would be at #35 as of right now.

Natrone Means would be in the 40’s along with James Stewart.

I love this list man. It's spot on. I can't find anything on here that I would change personally.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I really like this list.
It shows how many great defenders we use to have.

I am always sad when I see Telvin Smith name.
He could have been one of the greatest LB.

Let's do another one, best at each position.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Good list JF24

I could nitpick a few players left off and move the order a bit, but I think you pretty much nailed it unless I'm totally forgetting someone (Bouye may be a bit of a stretch - but he had a couple good years) 

What I really hope for is to see a few new names on the list over the next 3 years.

(01-17-2024, 06:31 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This is a tribute to the upcoming 2024 season, which will mark the 30th season in Jacksonville Jaguars History. There are no rules as to how many years a player was in a Jaguars uniform, etc. but this list is based on impact a player made on the football field and helped this franchise make the playoffs and big time games/seasons. It will not be based on how many starts a player had or any other lazy research. 

The bolded statement above really needs to be emphasized as a player like AJ Bouye essentially had 1 good year as a Jaguars player so it's really hard for me to grasp him being on any top 30 list, except to the extent that you qualified your list be noting the duration as a Jags player didn't factor into this list.  Either that, or the Jags have simply sucked for 30% of their franchise existence, which is also true.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2024, 05:22 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

QB - Brunell. Look at his yards per attempt number
RB - Taylor. Look at his yards per attempt number
LT - Boselli
LG - Naole
C - Meester
RG - Manuwai
RT - Searcy
TE - Lewis
WR1 - Smith
WR2 - McCardell
WR3 - Kirk

DE - Allen
DT - Stroud
DT - Henderson
DE - Brackens
LB - Peterson
LB - Hardy
LB - Oluoukun
CB - Beasley
CB - Ramsey (sorry!)
S - Darius
S - ?

With 30 years and a good career lasting about 5 years, you might expect 4 of our best 22 to be on the roster now. But I only see three. Do I have LG and RG backwards? Also I can't think of a second memorable safety we've had. Just Darius.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2024, 06:58 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-18-2024, 05:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: QB - Brunell.  Look at his yards per attempt number
RB - Taylor.  Look at his yards per attempt number
LT - Boselli
LG - Naole
C - Meester
RG - Manuwai
RT - Searcy
TE - Lewis
WR1 - Smith
WR2 - McCardell
WR3 - Kirk

DE - Allen
DT - Stroud
DT - Henderson
DE - Brackens
LB - Peterson
LB - Hardy
LB - Oluoukun
CB - Beasley
CB - Ramsey (sorry!)
S - Darius
S - ?

With 30 years and a good career lasting about 5 years, you might expect 4 of our best 22 to be on the roster now.  But I only see three.  Do I have LG and RG backwards? Also I can't think of a second memorable safety we've had. Just Darius.

Slot CB - Tre Herndon 
FB - Greg Jones 
FS - Deon Grant

I would take a long hard look at Malik Jackson at DT, and Gary Walker would at least have some consideration. Stroud and Henderson still gets my vote but Gary and Malik would give me some pass rush from the interior of that defensive front. Talk about NASCAR package…woooo weee

At LB - there’s no way I can argue with you about Oluokun. Dude led the league in tackles for 3 straight seasons (solo).

But how could I leave prime Telvin Smith off the list? I don’t think I can.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2024, 07:12 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 3 times in total.)

If I did a top 50 PLUS 2 kickers, it would probably look something like:

36. Paul Spicer (the Jack hammer sack man)
37. Christian Kirk (primed to become 3rd best WR)
38. David Garrard (4th and 2) 2004 and 2005 he was a beast
39. Cam Robinson (2 playoffs and a 9-8 season)
40. Natrone Means (biggest playoff games for a Jags RB)
41. Reggie Barlow (best return man in team history)
42. Deon Grant (best FS in team history, ain’t afraid of snow)
43. Greg Jones - best FB in franchise history
44. Jamal Agnew (only WR with a rushing TD, pro bowl)
45. Leonard Fournette 200 yard game and a 190 yd game
46. James Stewart (5 TDs in 1 game but no 1K season)
47. Pete Mitchell (still the best pass catching TE)
48. Dave Widell (big part of early success, u believe in miracles)
49. Malik Jackson (I’m ashamed I put him so low)
50. Montell Owens (pro bowl special teams ace)

*51. Bryan Barker (that 6-3 Ravens game was elite for him)
*52. Josh Lambo (most accurate kicker in team history)
*53. Dave Widell - do you believe in miracles will live with me forever as a 14 year old kid that caught a ride to the stadium with my neighbor because they announced the stadium is open for free. It was my first time ever being inside a profession football stadium. Then a short time later the team flew over the stadium and the pilot tilted the plane and it made me feel like the players could see me waving and screaming. It was a special night and Widell hit hit on the head when they handed the mic to him. “Jacksonville……….Do you believe in miracles.” Bro the stadium erupted!

It drives me crazy that professional journalists like Vic Kethman, Pete Prisco, Dan Hicken and that old guy decided to put Josh Scobee on the All 25. I would run circles around those dudes while smoking a cigarette and running backwards. Sorry man I’m not trying to be cocky, but I’m invested in this franchise and I’ve watched since day 1, hell I’ve been a fan since 1993, and there’s no way in crusty crap that Scobee is on the All 25. Neither is Manuwia and a few others. Scobee ain’t even in the top 50. Guys like Maurice Williams are much more deserving . Heck maybe even a Khalif Barnes, or a Brian Schwartz, or somebody like a Yannick Ngakoue or Malik Jackson.

Stay tuned for my letter to the pro football hall of fame regarding Fred and Jimmy.

MJD will always be my favorite player on this team. Was so fun to watch even in the tough years.

My all time 53 would probably be:

QB - Brunell, Lawrence, Garrard
RB - Taylor, Jones-Drew, Stewart (maybe Etienne)
FB - Jones
WR - Smith, McCardell, Robinson, Kirk, Chark or Hurns
TE - Lewis, Engram, Brady
LT - Boselli
LG - Manuwai, Coleman
C - Meester, Linder
RG - Naeole, Nwaneri
RT - Searcy, M.Williams
DE - Brackens, Allen, Ngakoue
DT - Stroud, Jackson
DT - Henderson, Walker
DE - Campbell, Spicer
WLB - Smith, Jack
MLB - Poz, Peterson, Oluokun
SLB - Hardy, D.Smith
CB - Ramsey, Beasley
FS - Gipson, Grant
SS - Darius, Lake
CB - Mathis, Bouye
K - Lambo or Scobee (this one is tough)
P - Barker
LS - Matiscik
ST - Owens
RS - Agnew

Matt Jones in 2007 was pretty fire

(01-18-2024, 06:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 05:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: QB - Brunell.  Look at his yards per attempt number
RB - Taylor.  Look at his yards per attempt number
LT - Boselli
LG - Naole
C - Meester
RG - Manuwai
RT - Searcy
TE - Lewis
WR1 - Smith
WR2 - McCardell
WR3 - Kirk

DE - Allen
DT - Stroud
DT - Henderson
DE - Brackens
LB - Peterson
LB - Hardy
LB - Oluoukun
CB - Beasley
CB - Ramsey (sorry!)
S - Darius
S - ?

With 30 years and a good career lasting about 5 years, you might expect 4 of our best 22 to be on the roster now.  But I only see three.  Do I have LG and RG backwards? Also I can't think of a second memorable safety we've had. Just Darius.

Slot CB - Tre Herndon 
FB - Greg Jones 
FS - Deon Grant

I would take a long hard look at Malik Jackson at DT, and Gary Walker would at least have some consideration. Stroud and Henderson still gets my vote but Gary and Malik would give me some pass rush from the interior of that defensive front. Talk about NASCAR package…woooo weee

At LB - there’s no way I can argue with you about Oluokun. Dude led the league in tackles for 3 straight seasons (solo).

It was hard to leave Poz and hometown boy Mathis off the list too.

(01-20-2024, 09:28 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 06:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Slot CB - Tre Herndon 
FB - Greg Jones 
FS - Deon Grant

It was hard to leave Poz and hometown boy Mathis off the list too.

I agree with Beasley over Mathis. Mathis was a trailer, Beasley was a squat and much more physical. Aaron has some of the biggest hits in team history. Saw him flatten a TE.

(01-18-2024, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Good list JF24

I could nitpick a few players left off and move the order a bit, but I think you pretty much nailed it unless I'm totally forgetting someone (Bouye may be a bit of a stretch - but he had a couple good years) 

What I really hope for is to see a few new names on the list over the next 3 years.

LOL

yeah - I missed this

No Rashean Mathis?????

LOL 

Nah - that's not right

(01-20-2024, 11:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 09:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: It was hard to leave Poz and hometown boy Mathis off the list too.

I agree with Beasley over Mathis. Mathis was a trailer, Beasley was a squat and much more physical. Aaron has some of the biggest hits in team history. Saw him flatten a TE.

Remember the time Mathis knocked a guy's tooth out?