Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
National Rugby League

I'm curious, I'm a avid rugby league supporter and love the sport 2nd to nfl.
In a first ever the league will be playing 4 opening season games in Las Vegas... some of u might of seen it being heavily marketed...most notable during the raiders huge thrashing a few weeks ago some players got interviewed on the TV.

Just interested to see what it's looked like from fans living in America/ how it's being perceived 

The games

If any of u are interested and want the jags experience in another sport I highly recommend the West Tigers

We have been completely [BLEEP] for years now, finished deadlast the last 2 seasons, haven't made the finals [playoffs] since 2010 and have been thru countless rebuilds all to amount for nothing.

[url=https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-las-vegas-2024-which-teams-are-going-round-1-season-opener-broncos-sea-eagles-rabbitohs-roosters/news-story/ef8cebb6de064119b90db576f50cd3f2][/url]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-18-2024, 03:15 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: I'm curious, I'm a avid rugby league supporter and love the sport 2nd to nfl.
In a first ever the league will be playing 4 opening season games in Las Vegas... some of u might of seen it being heavily marketed...most notable during the raiders huge thrashing a few weeks ago some players got interviewed on the TV.

Just interested to see what it's looked like from fans living in America/ how it's being perceived 

The games

If any of u are interested and want the jags experience in another sport I highly recommend the West Tigers

We have been completely [BLEEP] for years now, finished deadlast the last 2 seasons, haven't made the finals [playoffs] since 2010 and have been thru countless rebuilds all to amount for nothing.

[url=https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-las-vegas-2024-which-teams-are-going-round-1-season-opener-broncos-sea-eagles-rabbitohs-roosters/news-story/ef8cebb6de064119b90db576f50cd3f2][/url]

I wasn't aware - though I know some Americans who follow it. 

When I still lived in NYC I had several Irish buds who got me hooked on the six nations tourney. They new I had Welsh heritage going back several generations and Wales had a great team at the time - so they goaded me to watch matches with them that way. I enjoyed it. Was a good excuse to head to the pub at 9:30AM as well. LOL

Are the Rabbitohs the team that Russell Crowe invested in several years ago? 

Incidentally another friend of mine was the stadium announcer for one of the teams in this league until this year when that team folded 

https://x.com/usmlr/status/1736840177731895598?s=20

https://twitter.com/usmlr/status/1736840...95598?s=20

(01-18-2024, 02:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 03:15 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: I'm curious, I'm a avid rugby league supporter and love the sport 2nd to nfl.

The games

I wasn't aware - though I know some Americans who follow it. 

When I still lived in NYC I had several Irish buds who got me hooked on the six nations tourney. They new I had Welsh heritage going back several generations and Wales had a great team at the time - so they goaded me to watch matches with them that way. I enjoyed it. Was a good excuse to head to the pub at 9:30AM as well. LOL

Are the Rabbitohs the team that Russell Crowe invested in several years ago? 

Incidentally another friend of mine was the stadium announcer for one of the teams in this league until this year when that team folded 

https://x.com/usmlr/status/1736840177731895598?s=20

https://twitter.com/usmlr/status/1736840...95598?s=20

Very interesting.
Yeah your correct crowe is heavily affiliated with the rabbitohs

There is a Netflix series about the 2023 six nations championship. I've watched one episode so far. Those dudes are crazy. No pads and no helmets. 

Ufta!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not sure if anyone caught the game or not live, was on fox.

If anyone did get it would love to hear what there thoughts were.

I thought the 2 games were preety good, gave u a bit of everything what rugby league has to offer

Love watching it but I must admit, I don't know the exact rules even though I've read through them a few times.

Seems like you have 20 set plays to score but teams often opt to punt the ball early to set the opponent back and rely on their defense more than utilizing their offense to gain field position. Don't really understand the maneuvering during scums (rules to kicking the ball out) and also that inbounds pass from the sidelines where they pick up a player to catch the ball.

As noted, I do like watching the end to end action and kind of get it but then I get thrown for loops throughout the game.