Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bowanko or Fortner

Who was better?

Pretty close and pretty similar players IMO.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Totally forgot about him. But, Bowanko with the slight edge. Not saying much though.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2024, 07:16 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

Best Centers:

Linder (based on talent alone)
Meester
Widell

Fornter’s issue is he can’t block an NFL stunt and struggles with twists. He’s a good head up and zone blocking center and an excellent communicator from the inside of that offensive line. He’s got to get his NFL street smarts up, so to speak which will come with more seat time.

Pro Bowlers don’t grow on trees so you hope to home grow em.

This is like asking "who was the better receiver, Chastin West or Rashad Greene?"

(01-18-2024, 07:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Best Centers:

Meester
Widell

Fornter’s issue is he can’t block an NFL stunt and struggles with twists. He’s a good head up and zone blocking center and an excellent communicator from the inside of that offensive line. He’s got to get his NFL street smarts up, so to speak which will come with more seat time.

Fortner is terrible in all aspects. 
How can you credit "good communicator" when he and the guards around him turn to each other looking for a block when DEs and DTs slip in behind them as they play patty cake with each other.

Add in zero lower body strength for the position and a consistently too high pad and hand level and you've got an irreparable bust on your hands.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2024, 08:29 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

Pre-snap communication is one of his strengths but I need to stop assuming people know a center can’t communicate when he’s engaged with a 300 pound all-world DT which would mean post-snap is where the issues arise. That’s on me. I need to chill and start assigning certainties to every detail of my observations. So I don’t have to haggle back and forth constantly. It reminds of when my Forest Lamp asks me how come I didn’t LS swap my engine when all I needed was a battery.

Damn talk about a player who completely dissappeared from my mind until I read the title lol.

(01-18-2024, 07:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Best Centers:

Meester
Widell

Thats all well and good if the position was a chinese bamboo tree, but we dont have 5 years for him to grow into a functional center. Gotta go get one via FA.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Bowanko

Bowanko was an example of a sub par player starting as a rookie, and us with teal colored glasses thought he would take a huge jump in year 2+ but that never happened.

Development and improving isn’t automatic, many average or below average players as rookies stay average or below average in year 2 and 3…. Unfortunately I think Fortner is on that path
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Fortner was picked 65th overall. Bowanko was picked 205th overall.

Michael Cheever would've been the best, damn back injury.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

John Wade

This is way over my head, but I’ll take all of you smart gentlemen’s words for it. {Tongue twister} In summary, that center who starts for our favorite team now sucks!

(01-18-2024, 08:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Pre-snap communication is one of his strengths but I need to stop assuming people know a center can’t communicate when he’s engaged with a 300 pound all-world DT which would mean post-snap is where the issues arise. That’s on me. I need to chill and start assigning certainties to every detail of my observations. So I don’t have to haggle back and forth constantly. It reminds of when my Forest Lamp asks me how come I didn’t LS swap my engine when all I needed was a battery.

He literally has too have the RG tell him on every single shotgun snap that the QB is set and he can snap the ball. 
LOL

Excellent pre-snap communication, my [BLEEP]