Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DJ First Mock

Daniel Jeremiah 2024 NFL mock draft 1.0: Bears, Commanders, Patriots, Saints pick quarterbacks

I have been really high on Mitchell since last year but 17 is a bit high for me along with who is still available.  If the draft fell like this im taking Newton or Latham.  Im very high on Latu but the injury history scares me a bit especially when we can take another really good player without one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 06:14 PM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar. Edited 2 times in total.)

Pretty terrible mock IMO. McKinstry and Nate Wiggins behind Mitchell and Rakeshaw at CB lol

You take Mimms or Latham if either is available

(01-20-2024, 09:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Daniel Jeremiah 2024 NFL mock draft 1.0: Bears, Commanders, Patriots, Saints pick quarterbacks

I have been really high on Mitchell since last year but 17 is a bit high for me along with who is still available.  If the draft fell like this im taking Newton or Latham.  Im very high on Latu but the injury history scares me a bit especially when we can take another really good player without one.

I'd likely do the same. Both meet strong needs and the value is excellent; in most mocks neither is available at pick 17.

I haven't seen Chop Robinson anywhere before pick 50, that one's off the wall. Of course we still have 2 monhts of evaluations to reorder the picks, but that's big jump IMO.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2024, 09:32 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

DJ 2nd mock

Has us still taking Mitchell. Has Bowers going 18 yet he said its highly unlikely that he falls that far he just wants to see him with Burrow. He has JPJ now going 19 who he didnt even have in his 1st round mock number 1. Still has us taking Mitchell, Id like the Mitchell pick but Im not sure i would take him there with who is available. He is my favorite corner with DeJean though

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah...-draft-1-0

(02-20-2024, 09:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: DJ 2nd mock

Has us still taking Mitchell. Has Bowers going 18 yet he said its highly unlikely that he falls that far he just wants to see him with Burrow.  He has JPJ now going 19 who he didnt even have in his 1st round mock number 1.  Still has us taking Mitchell, Id like the Mitchell pick but Im not sure i would take him there with who is available.  He is my favorite corner with DeJean though

The more and more I play with mocks the more I get to thinking if you think JPJ is the next can't miss center, you take him there, even if you think it's a few picks early.

Mitchell would have to be transcendent for me to pass on glaring need and best at position. My uninformed opinion would be that we have decent corners under contract already, and there's a good chance I can find a good corner in next year's class.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2024, 10:20 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-21-2024, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-20-2024, 09:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: DJ 2nd mock

Has us still taking Mitchell. Has Bowers going 18 yet he said its highly unlikely that he falls that far he just wants to see him with Burrow.  He has JPJ now going 19 who he didnt even have in his 1st round mock number 1.  Still has us taking Mitchell, Id like the Mitchell pick but Im not sure i would take him there with who is available.  He is my favorite corner with DeJean though

The more and more I play with mocks the more I get to thinking if you think JPJ is the next can't miss center, you take him there, even if you think it's a few picks early.

Mitchell would have to be transcendent for me to pass on glaring need and best at position. My uninformed opinion would be that we have decent corners under contract already, and there's a good chance I can find a good corner in next year's class.

Agreed. Not a snow ball's chance in hell that Baalke and Pederson pass up on the opportunity of drafting Brock Bowers if he falls that far in this scenario. It enables them to do a wide variety of different things offensively. 

I also cannot fathom them passing up on JPJ for a CB. I think our secondary, while not great, it has potential to be above average provided they catch onto the new defensive system and designs. 

Campbell had to battle a hamstring injury off and on last year. Williams was pretty good earlier on and the man-to-man coverage argument with him goes away when you factor in what he has done historically. Especially with the Rams opposite of Jalen. 

I still think Buster Brown is a good player to keep developing. I think Antonio Johnson, Andre Cisco and Andrew Wingard offer PLENTY on the backend and Johnson can come up and play in the nickel and blitz off the edge if needed. I just don't think CB is something that should be overly high on our radar. 

Not with all of the needs we have on offense and not in this scenario. No way you pass up on Bowers or JPJ. It's insane to consider in my opinion. Also, when your team decides to fire it's 2nd year play caller on defense? That tends to make me think that they saw coaching as an issue more so than the actual players out there. 

It was obvious we had two glaring areas of weakness on this team last year. It was within the interior on both sides of the football. I would be even more pissed that they passed up on Newton at DT out of Illinois for a CB. We missed out on upgrading our interior on defense last year because we had a hole at RT to backfill but Kancey ended up with Tampa Bay. Newton has similar traits to Kancey in my opinion.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-21-2024, 10:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote: The more and more I play with mocks the more I get to thinking if you think JPJ is the next can't miss center, you take him there, even if you think it's a few picks early.

Agreed. Not a snow ball's chance in hell that Baalke and Pederson pass up on the opportunity of drafting Brock Bowers if he falls that far in this scenario. It enables them to do a wide variety of different things offensively. 

I also cannot fathom them passing up on JPJ for a CB. I think our secondary, while not great, it has potential to be above average provided they catch onto the new defensive system and designs. 

Campbell had to battle a hamstring injury off and on last year. Williams was pretty good earlier on and the man-to-man coverage argument with him goes away when you factor in what he has done historically. Especially with the Rams opposite of Jalen. 

I still think Buster Brown is a good player to keep developing. I think Antonio Johnson, Andre Cisco and Andrew Wingard offer PLENTY on the backend and Johnson can come up and play in the nickel and blitz off the edge if needed. I just don't think CB is something that should be overly high on our radar. 

Not with all of the needs we have on offense and not in this scenario. No way you pass up on Bowers or JPJ. It's insane to consider in my opinion. Also, when your team decides to fire it's 2nd year play caller on defense? That tends to make me think that they saw coaching as an issue more so than the actual players out there. 

It was obvious we had two glaring areas of weakness on this team last year. It was within the interior on both sides of the football. I would be even more pissed that they passed up on Newton at DT out of Illinois for a CB. We missed out on upgrading our interior on defense last year because we had a hole at RT to backfill but Kancey ended up with Tampa Bay. Newton has similar traits to Kancey in my opinion.
I believe Newton is better than Kancey at stopping the run and equally disruptive as a pass rusher. I'm somewhat surprised he has dropped to the end of round 1 in several mock drafts. As far as cornerbacks, if they actually feel this is a big need there are excellent options in round 2 with .T.J. Tampa and even round 3 with Kyree Jackson. It wouldn't shock me if Baalke decides to trade back a few spots again this year if Newton, JPJ and possibly another lineman like Fautanu or Latham are still on the board. Of course, this would depend on what they have done in free agency in addition to having these 4 players graded evenly. Trading back twice and still getting Harrison in round 1 was the only good thing Baalke did in last year's draft. Too bad he wasn't able to utilize all his extra picks to move back up for someone like Brian Branch- a future pro bowler.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2024, 11:25 AM by Caldrac.)

(02-21-2024, 11:18 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 10:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. Not a snow ball's chance in hell that Baalke and Pederson pass up on the opportunity of drafting Brock Bowers if he falls that far in this scenario. It enables them to do a wide variety of different things offensively. 

I believe Newton is better than Kancey at stopping the run and equally disruptive as a pass rusher. I'm somewhat surprised he has dropped to the end of round 1 in several mock drafts. As far as cornerbacks, if they actually feel this is a big need there are excellent options in round 2 with .T.J. Tampa and even round 3 with Kyree Jackson. It wouldn't shock me if Baalke decides to trade back a few spots again this year if Newton, JPJ and possibly another lineman like Fautanu or Latham are still on the board. Of course, this would depend on what they have done in free agency in addition to having these 4 players graded evenly. Trading back twice and still getting Harrison in round 1 was the only good thing Baalke did in last year's draft. Too bad he wasn't able to utilize all his extra picks to move back up for someone like Brian Branch- a future pro bowler.

I like Khyree Jackson. Been keeping an eye on him and looking at some of his highlights. He has a lot of range and good size for the position. Will be curious to see how he breaks in and out of his drills at the combine and/or Pro Day soon.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2024, 12:15 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-21-2024, 10:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote: The more and more I play with mocks the more I get to thinking if you think JPJ is the next can't miss center, you take him there, even if you think it's a few picks early.

You absolutely take Bowers if he's there, that would be an easy pick.  We would have the best TE combo in the league, he won't be there though.  Newton is a little bigger and a much better run defender than Kancey is.  Newton is one of the best run defenders in college as well. 

If we don't get a center in FA, there will be a lot of speculation on if we will draft one or if Doug and Ballke really like Fortner there like both have said numerous times.  I hope they aren't sold on Fortner at center.  It wouldnt shock me if they really like Frazier as well being he is a 4x state wrestling champ, likely very athletic, and has a 1 1/4 longer arms than JPJ, and are looking at him in the 2nd if they want DeJean or Mitchell.  Will be interesting to see how these centers and guards test at the combine because Baalke will be looking more at that than the game tape.  The shorter arms for JPJ might be the deal breaker like it was for Hutchinson, Hutchinson arms was 1" to short

(02-21-2024, 11:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 10:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. Not a snow ball's chance in hell that Baalke and Pederson pass up on the opportunity of drafting Brock Bowers if he falls that far in this scenario. It enables them to do a wide variety of different things offensively. 

You absolutely take Bowers if he's there, that would be an easy pick.  We would have the best TE combo in the league, he won't be there though.  Newton is a little bigger and a much better run defender than Kancey is.  Newton is one of the best run defenders in college as well. 

If we don't get a center in FA, there will be a lot of speculation on if we will draft one or if Doug and Ballke really like Fortner there like both have said numerous times.  I hope they aren't sold on Fortner at center.  It wouldnt shock me if they really like Frazier as well being he is a 4x state wrestling champ, likely very athletic, and has a 1 1/4 longer arms than JPJ, and are looking at him in the 2nd if they want DeJean or Mitchell.  Will be interesting to see how these centers and guards test at the combine because Baalke will be looking more at that than the game tape.  The shorter arms for JPJ might be the deal breaker like it was for Hutchinson, Hutchinson arms was 1" to short

Frazier is a very good looking prospect as well. He's one of three Centers I would consider immediate starters over Fortner from this draft. It just depends on where you value them at overall and where you think you can land them. And that may or may not require a potential trading up or down effort depending on where you're at and what you have at your disposal. 

Frazier has a Linderbaum-esque background to him. Obvious connection is the wrestling background. JPJ just stands out like a sore thumb and has a gear that most NFL teams covet. His ability to snap, pop and get downfield is pretty impressive. Feels like an ideal fit for our offense. Then there's Van Pran out of Georgia. Doesn't stand out like a sore thumb, doesn't flash, but, he just gets good leverage, holds his point of attack and seems to fare better than most in both aspects of an offense. 

Ideally, one of those three guys would be somebody you target in RD1 (JPJ), RD2 (Frazier) and RD3 (Van Pran). Again, may have to move up or down to make the value make sense but it's very possible. I agree with you on the T-Rex arm length stuff. Baalke seems to be infatuated with arm length and reach with his prospects.

DJ last player rankings

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah...raft-class

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2024, 08:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

DJ's last mock

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah...-draft-4-0

In his first and last mock he has us taking Mitchell. Man i hope he hits our pick.

(04-24-2024, 08:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: DJ's last mock

In his first and last mock he has us taking Mitchell.  Man i hope he hits our pick.

He is the CB I would want.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-25-2024, 01:24 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 08:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: DJ's last mock

In his first and last mock he has us taking Mitchell.  Man i hope he hits our pick.

He is the CB I would want.
Me too