Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Defensive Coaching Hires

I figure Nielsen/Pederson will be collecting defensive staff and interviews are ongoing so - here's a thread to update the process

https://x.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/175...19184?s=20

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...19184?s=20

Richard was co-DC and DBs coach for the Saints when Nielsen was there

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 04:57 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 3 times in total.)

Let Allen and Walker shine and also work some exotic stuff when needed. Don’t worry about 34 vs 43, just play with your hair on fire. Build it around your $100 million dollar LB, Allen, who is primed to become the Jaguars best defensive player in franchise history. Dude is about to be Jacksonville’s Lawrence Taylor.

Also need someone to help identify a 1v1 CB in the draft. Possibly round 1 if a 3T ain’t there.

I’m hoping we can get Calais back for another year and put him at DT

Calais may not have another descent season left in the tank.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(01-24-2024, 06:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...88139?s=20
Defensive staff is looking very good.

(01-24-2024, 06:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...88139?s=20
LSU had a terrible defense, and House and his entire staff were fired. Let's not act like he helped LSU win any games. He didn't voluntarily want to be a LB coach again.

Hopefully it's a good match for his skills and he didn't just get lucky with the Chiefs talent.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I like the hire for sure more man to man is good to me.
No Fun

(01-24-2024, 05:31 PM)NH3 Wrote: Calais may not have another descent season left in the tank.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Correct.

But if the dude has any interest in coaching, chaplaining, or just being the dad figure to a lot of young guys with sudden wealth, he's the guy you want around the building.

(01-25-2024, 09:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 05:31 PM)NH3 Wrote: Calais may not have another descent season left in the tank.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Correct.

But if the dude has any interest in coaching, chaplaining, or just being the dad figure to a lot of young guys with sudden wealth, he's the guy you want around the building
His leadership would have come in handy last season when the team was collapsing. Maybe not a cure for roster weaknesses but having Calais around in any fashion is a positive.

I wish they could get out of all the DT contracts we have to get fresh they missed on too many in that spot.
No Fun

(01-25-2024, 10:01 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 09:08 AM)Mikey Wrote: Correct.

But if the dude has any interest in coaching, chaplaining, or just being the dad figure to a lot of young guys with sudden wealth, he's the guy you want around the building
His leadership would have come in handy last season when the team was collapsing. Maybe not a cure for roster weaknesses but having Calais around in any fashion is a positive.

@Didn't realize he had OL experience.@

(01-25-2024, 09:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Correct.

But if the dude has any interest in coaching, chaplaining, or just being the dad figure to a lot of young guys with sudden wealth, he's the guy you want around the building.

Just as long as he doesn't take up a roster spot. We need all hands on deck and I prefer them to have plenty of gas in their tanks.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(01-25-2024, 10:01 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 09:08 AM)Mikey Wrote: Correct.

I think you guys have completely forgotten that he was here when our 2018 team went off the rails. His locker room presence was politely described as "dottering old man that the kids just laughed at" by the press at the time. I don't think he's all that influential or worth a roster spot for that reason.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

the issue in 2018 is that when we starting to lose due to basically out Oline falling apart, remember we did start like 3-1 i think it was. Ramsey was the big one didnt want to listen to anyone, and all the younger guys went his direction cause he was a allpro.

josh allen speaks highly of Calius even during that year, they would go out for lunch the day before games and just talk. Allen has mad respect for Calius and he he started doing that for Walker this past year. Allen is dawg and balke better not mess it up.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...94523?s=20

Baalke is a mess but this defensive staff is very good.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2024, 05:29 PM by MikePete54. Edited 2 times in total.)

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/0...is-richard

Quote:While Richard’s time as Seahawks DC lasted three seasons, he was in Seattle for the Legion of Boom’s entire run. Rising from assistant DBs coach to cornerbacks coach to DBs coach to DC, Richard was the most consistent non-Pete Carroll presence on those coaching staffs. The Earl Thomas, Rishard Sherman and Kam Chancellor mentor has not followed Gus Bradley or Dan Quinn up the ladder, but he has continued to be a regular on defensive staffs since his Seattle stay wrapped in 2018.

Quote:The Jags are also hiring Cory Robinson as cornerbacks coach, Wilson adds. This continues the Saints reunion shaping up in Jacksonville. Robinson spent the past season with the Tennessee volunteers but worked under Nielsen and Richard with the Saints in 2022 as assistant DBs coach. Robinson held that role in New Orleans for three years.

I like John's response to the Richard hire.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...i4ddQ&s=19

(01-26-2024, 05:32 PM)jagboss Wrote: I like John's response to the Richard hire.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...i4ddQ&s=19

Boom