Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Zay Jones...Do you bring him back in 2024

The receiving room is light, but if they tag Ridley I'd say no.    I actually want the Jags to get younger at WR surprisingly, and even though they are also losing Agnew...I just feel that saving on the WR spot, and hitting a home run with the WR we pick in the draft...is the smarter solution.

I like Zay a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.   I'd have him on the team for less $$$ for sure for WR depth.

But if we're planning for Trevor's main targets to be...

Cristian
Calvin
Rookie
TE Group
ETN
Parker Washington

Do we bring back Zay for WR depth?   Is he going to have the speed burst he had prior to his injury?   Will he STAY healthy?

This is one of those...save a few million deals that I think could have the $$$ moved to other positions.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe. I like him a lot, but cutting him can save roughly $5m in cap space. When he's healthy he's been a big factor for us and really opened things up for Ridley.

If we don't draft an early WR then keep him for sure. Also depends on if we keep Ridley or not.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Nope. I'm moving on.

Thanks for 2022 but it's time to move on.

Time to move on. His cost outweighs his contribution to the team.

(02-05-2024, 04:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Nope. I'm moving on.

Thanks for 2022 but it's time to move on.

I thought Washington did a fine job in his limited role this year, and I think he's an adequate replacement for the cost. Figure out Ridley, draft a guy, and move on.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Cutting him creates $4.4M in salary cap space in 2024. I think he's gone.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I want him here because he is amazing in the red zone and running outs

but… yeah probably gone, shame we haven’t been developing a receiver like him with his size.

Parker Washington was meant to be a replacement for Kirk, not Zay.

(02-05-2024, 06:29 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I want him here because he is amazing in the red zone and running outs

but… yeah probably gone, shame we haven’t been developing a receiver like him with his size.

Parker Washington was meant to be a replacement for Kirk, not Zay.

I think Washington was meant to be a replacement for Agnew and depth for Kirk. 

I'd keep Zay unless fixing the line requires the (fairly minimal) cap savings.

He had some nonsense with his baby momma that lead to an arrest last season on top of all the injuries. The cap savings on a 3rd WR alone are worth it, but getting rid of potential distractions on top of it makes it such an easy decision in my honest opinion.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

According to some during the season, him being out was the reason Trevor and the offense was faultering. So obviously give him top 5 money asap.

Yes, I would bring him back.

If you cut him, per OTC, the team would take a $6.6m dead money hit, and save just under $4.2m in cap. I would imagine getting a WR in free agency of Zay's skill level is going to cost more than $4.2m. Is there someone currently on the roster to replace his productivity when healthy? I don't believe so. I also would not use a high draft choice on a WR, as I want the high draft capital used to fix the offensive and defensive lines.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2024, 11:33 PM by surfon. Edited 1 time in total.)

Getting Trevor more time i think can make a lot of wr look good. That said i like Zay be nice if we could keep a known product.

(02-05-2024, 08:28 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: According to some during the season, him being out was the reason Trevor and the offense was faultering. So obviously give him top 5 money asap.

He's under contract to be the 35th top paid AAV receiver in the league 

The [BLEEP] are you talking about?

(02-05-2024, 08:57 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Yes, I would bring him back. 

If you cut him, per OTC, the team would take a $6.6m dead money hit, and save just under $4.2m in cap.  I would imagine getting a WR in free agency of Zay's skill level is going to cost more than $4.2m.  Is there someone currently on the roster to replace his productivity when healthy?  I don't believe so.  I also would not use a high draft choice on a WR, as I want the high draft capital used to fix the offensive and defensive lines.

Bingo.

He's definitely worth more than the money you'd save by getting rid of him and then eating that dead money on top of it.

Keep him and draft a WR on day 3. Problem is Baalke can't draft WRs worth a [BLEEP] anyways.

I'm ok with keeping Zay and Ridley but not losing the 2nd. Parker Washington has potential and the little bit we saw of Cooks.
No Fun

(02-06-2024, 09:19 AM)nhiverson Wrote: I'm ok with keeping Zay and Ridley but not losing the 2nd. Parker Washington has potential and the little bit we saw of Cooks.

We're not keeping Ridley without losing the 2nd at this point. If he hits FA someone will offer more than we will
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Bring him back if the price is right.

(02-06-2024, 09:37 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Bring him back if the price is right.

The price is ~$4.4 million dollars of cap space that would be saved if he was released.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-06-2024, 09:36 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 09:19 AM)nhiverson Wrote: I'm ok with keeping Zay and Ridley but not losing the 2nd. Parker Washington has potential and the little bit we saw of Cooks.

We're not keeping Ridley without losing the 2nd at this point. If he hits FA someone will offer more than we will
If we get a deal done with Allen we could still tag Ridley.  That would be the ideal situation unless we go get Evans

(02-06-2024, 09:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 09:36 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: We're not keeping Ridley without losing the 2nd at this point. If he hits FA someone will offer more than we will
If we get a deal done with Allen we could still tag Ridley.  That would be the ideal situation unless we go get Evans

Right. But we'd still lose the 2nd is all I'm saying. The only way to keep both Ridley and our 2nd would be to sign him after FA starts and that's not happening
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS